Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Shareholder Program Benefits and Discussions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Shareholder Program Benefits and Discussions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Haven't the share prices of SAS rather frequently seemed to rally a decent amount during the mid-November to mid-January periods in some recent years?

It seems like doing the EBD shareholder thing doesn't come with being able to hand out EBG the way those who earn EBD by flying can do. If it came with being able to hand out EBG, it would be a better deal.
Yes. Based on the values given, about 10% better.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 9:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Interesting... my 500 shares were multiplied by 9 last week and I got an offer to buy another 4500 at the same price which I took. Sadly they have now clarified that you need to be resident in NO/SE/DK to take advantage of the shareholder discount
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sadly they have now clarified that you need to be resident in NO/SE/DK to take advantage of the shareholder discount
If you bought the shares using a German broker, SK might not even be able to see that you own the shares. Swedish law says that the broker should disclose your name and address to the Swedish central security depository (which then discloses the information to SK) unless this is impossible, or something similar. This is often "impossible" if foreign companies are involved in holding your shares. If you bought the shares at the Copenhagen or Oslo stock exchange (as opposed to the Swedish one), then you also add an additional layer as the holding goes via the Danish or Norwegian central security depository and this additional layer could mean that it becomes "impossible" even if it would not otherwise be "impossible".

Are you currently receiving any correspondence from SK? I got a letter a couple of weeks ago containing an A4 paper with brief information about the rights issue. Was the same paper sent to you? If you didn't get that paper, then SK might not be able to see that you hold SK shares.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Interesting... my 500 shares were multiplied by 9 last week and I got an offer to buy another 4500 at the same price which I took. Sadly they have now clarified that you need to be resident in NO/SE/DK to take advantage of the shareholder discount
It's easy to register as a Swedish resident if you are from an EU country.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fassy
A quite unattractive way to maintain status with EuroBonus I have to say...
Yes it is but not during this Covid-19 crap and if you are flying like 30 times a year.

If your 100k shares don't drop in price as SK does not pay dividend. Say if you are able to buy a share at 1,2SEK then you are 120000 out of your pocket to get EBG, that will last for a year. If you are investing in shares that do pay out annually - Mr. had shares that pay like 5%, which is like 6000 annually and a potential share price increase. For 6000 you can get yourself quite some lounge access and extra bags.

I did look at this and talked to Mr. about it and there's no way we will invest in SAS now or in the near future.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
It's easy to register as a Swedish resident if you are from an EU country.
Since a person may need either a personal number or a coordination number issued by Skatteverket and be listed as a resident with Skatteverket for the share registration to work smoothly in Sweden, there is the issue of getting those numbers from Skatteverket. It’s not always been fast and easy to get such a number issued from Skatteverket for all foreign EU citizens and their third country national family members, but I can’t speak of how it goes in the last couple of years.
nacho likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 11:56 am
Suspended

So the Danish and Swedish governments are again bailing out SAS and its shareholders in a way. Where the limit is to these bailouts is yet to be seen, but at least this should make a very short term investment in SAS shares at least somewhat less risky for qualifying for this SK*G offer this year.

Speaking of big share purchases made by a Swedish/Danish company (or other such artificial Scandinavian entity), do they qualify for this shareholder offer?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Speaking of big share purchases made by a Swedish/Danish company (or other such artificial Scandinavian entity), do they qualify for this shareholder offer?
Presumably not. Only the shareholder can use the benefits. A company can't travel and it doesn't seem possible to assign the benefits of the shareholder offer to one of the company's representatives.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Yes it is but not during this Covid-19 crap and if you are flying like 30 times a year.

If your 100k shares don't drop in price as SK does not pay dividend. Say if you are able to buy a share at 1,2SEK then you are 120000 out of your pocket to get EBG, that will last for a year. If you are investing in shares that do pay out annually - Mr. had shares that pay like 5%, which is like 6000 annually and a potential share price increase. For 6000 you can get yourself quite some lounge access and extra bags.

I did look at this and talked to Mr. about it and there's no way we will invest in SAS now or in the near future.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:04 am
Suspended

For those who bought into SAS shares big time on the day/week of the US election, SAS shares have since risen by approximately 75%.

Not only will the share purchases fund SAS*G status, it'll have funded more travel too.
Smuffe likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you cash in you lose the EBG though?
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:47 am
Suspended

Not necessarily, as it depends on when and for what period the SK*G is gotten this way. Also, there is more than one way to protect a gain without liquidating the shareholding.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:43 am

Keep the shares and sell SK CFD contracts? You have to pay interest, though.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Today's the day for those shares being registered.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 6:32 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
As an American this kinda appealed, until I learned of the residency requirements. Seeing as SAS trades in the US as an ADR, and many Americans have security accounts that can directly hold shares traded in the EU, wonder if this violates US securities rules? It is my understanding that it is quite illegal to treat different shareholders within the same tranche differently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.