Original Poster

Change reservation then cancel

Hi everyone,

I have got a reservation for a round-trip travel (2 persons) :

Paris - Oslo (03 nov - 10 nov)
Oslo - Tromso (05 nov - 09 nov).

Actually my tickets are SAS Go Smart so I can :
1 - cancel all my tickets then my refund will be 180€ on 520€ total
2 - change all my tickets to march 2021 for example, only pay the diference, but we can't know the situation in march 2021...

But I was wondering if I can :
3 - change all my tickets to SAS Plus Pro (+400€) then cancel all of them to have an full refund ?

Which case are better for you ?

Thanks

Last edited by Vincent Levannier; Sep 10, 2020 at 5:58 am
Old Sep 10, 2020, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It depends on your situation. If you need cash now, take the €180 and suffer the loss. If you change to March 2021, you are no worse off as you will still be able to get your € 180 and, more than likely the flight will be cancelled or changed and you can have a full refund of your 520. If you pay an additional 400, only that will be refundable. the underlying 520 will always be subject to the penalties it is subject to at the time of purchase (as amended in your favor by any penademic policy).
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your answer, the SAS website is like a labyrinth...

I don't really need cash, I prefer to delay as much as possible my travel.

Voucher is valid to use as payment within 1 year after the date of issue. So it's ok for pay a Paris <-> Oslo in August 2021 for a travel in march 2022 for example.

But I can't to the same thing for the domestic flights Oslo <-> Tromso, I can only rebook flights until October 2021.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by Vincent Levannier
Thanks for your answer, the SAS website is like a labyrinth...
This is a totally unfair statement! Labyrinths have clear entrances and clear exits, and if you know where you are going you can navigate them. The SAS website is nothing more than random frustration. I have been plenty irritated with a lot of African airline websites in my time (don't get me started on Ethiopian) but SAS takes the cake when it comes to confusion and almost total lack of useful information...
sueco6 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 2:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Time is on your side. Just sip your favorite beverage and wait for one component of you ticket to be cancelled. Then apply for a refund. If by some miracle nothing changes, ask for a voucher.
Often1 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you are not in need of the cash, wait. I would, however, always take a refund over a credit if the opportunity for a full refund arises. You may then purchase a new ticket, take the train or choose not to travel at all. Nobody knows what travel will look like or what it will cost.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Time is on your side. Just sip your favorite beverage and wait for one component of you ticket to be cancelled. Then apply for a refund. If by some miracle nothing changes, ask for a voucher.
Originally Posted by Often1
If you are not in need of the cash, wait. I would, however, always take a refund over a credit if the opportunity for a full refund arises. You may then purchase a new ticket, take the train or choose not to travel at all. Nobody knows what travel will look like or what it will cost.
I will have only a refund for the Paris <-> Oslo, not for the Oslo <-> Tromso because it's not in the same booking. No ? I think they don't care about the Oslo <-> Tromso, if I can't take it because of SAS it's not their problem ?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Vincent Levannier
I will have only a refund for the Paris <-> Oslo, not for the Oslo <-> Tromso because it's not in the same booking. No ? I think they don't care about the Oslo <-> Tromso, if I can't take it because of SAS it's not their problem ?
True. If those flights were booked on individual tickets SAS won't be obligated to allow a free cancelation on the second one. Anyhow, it is worth talking to the customer service. A friend had a similar issue and they were saying "Well, we don't have to, but we will allow to refund both flights even though not on one booking". So, doesn't hurt to ask.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
True. If those flights were booked on individual tickets SAS won't be obligated to allow a free cancelation on the second one. Anyhow, it is worth talking to the customer service. A friend had a similar issue and they were saying "Well, we don't have to, but we will allow to refund both flights even though not on one booking". So, doesn't hurt to ask.
I've tried, two times, and they said 2 times it's not possible, just wait and hope that I will have access to a voucher for my second booking.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JR67
This is a totally unfair statement! Labyrinths have clear entrances and clear exits, and if you know where you are going you can navigate them. The SAS website is nothing more than random frustration. I have been plenty irritated with a lot of African airline websites in my time (don't get me started on Ethiopian) but SAS takes the cake when it comes to confusion and almost total lack of useful information...
And the story continue, I've received an email, a domestic flight have been change (30 minutes).

In the mail, they said :
Please go to "View Booking" to review your new flight and find options regarding your booking such as accept new flight, voucher or rebooking. If you have connecting flights, please make sure to check your entire itinerary.

OK... Nothing in my booking, no "new flight" to accept, no voucher to accept. Just the same thing than before, I just can rebook my flight...

What are my options for this booking ?
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Check if the flight number has changed, that would be a valid reason to get a full refund. Just a 30 min time change is not a significant enough schedule change to get a invol refund.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Call SAS and explain that the schedule change is inconvenient to you and thus unacceptable and ask to cancel/refund. Most likely the agent will accept it.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Check if the flight number has changed, that would be a valid reason to get a full refund. Just a 30 min time change is not a significant enough schedule change to get a invol refund.
The flight number hasn't changed, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Call SAS and explain that the schedule change is inconvenient to you and thus unacceptable and ask to cancel/refund. Most likely the agent will accept it.
15 minutes at the phone, for them the schedule change is like oliver said, not significant enough schedule change to get a invol refund.

I will wait for another change by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.