Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 1:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
She was just trying to make you feel at home
vanillabean likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sueco6
The only lounge open in Oslo is the domestic lounge.
For two weeks ago you couldn’t even have a coffee there but now it’s open for extremely limited service.
Spent a couple of hours there on Monday May 10th.
The food was just typical Norwegian sandwiches.
I tried to relax for a while and took off my shoes and lifted my feet on the sofa and suddenly a SAS-woman came to me and said that I should keep my feet on the floor as this wasn’t a sleeping lounge (I was listening to the radio). Such an unpleasant experience.
So it's still the Covid-19 grab food and drink to remove from the lounge for consumption in the general terminal area?

It's with SAS lounges in OSL that I've had the weird situation of more than just being watched and followed around and ending up "confronted" about something ridiculous. Not exactly new for SAS at that airport.

I don't put my feet on the furniture, so they certainly aren't looking for just that.
Old May 13, 2021, 2:54 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by GUWonder;[url=tel:33244775
33244775[/url]]

It's with SAS lounges in OSL that I've had the weird situation of more than just being watched and followed around and ending up "confronted" about something ridiculous. Not exactly new for SAS at that airport.

I don't put my feet on the furniture, so they certainly aren't looking for just that.
And now we are all curious. Out with it - what weird stuff do you do? 😁
GUWonder and vanillabean like this.
Old May 13, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: EBG
I stopped using SAS for quite a while now, the lounges have become so miserable and for some reason the SAS staff seem even more angry than normal.

No wine in Arlanda, just some old sandwiches and a quite nice soup last time I was there.

Turkish is offering a full meal in flight and their lounge has some ok cooked food in it so most of the time I have switched to them. I dont know what to do about SAS, its kinda pointless flying them just now and especially pointless in anything above SAS go.

I spoke to the lady in Arlanda lounge a couple weeks back, she said the wine will return in June, so I will try them again in June.
Old May 13, 2021, 8:29 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by GUWonder
So it's still the Covid-19 grab food and drink to remove from the lounge for consumption in the general terminal area?
No, now they serve the food for consumption in the lounge. They even made an announcement when I was there last Thursday that the food was only for eating in the lounge, "not for take-away anymore"

The lounge was actually rather crowded. No alcohol. Soup, soft drinks, cofffee and two types of sandwiches (with the added possibility to make your own jam sandwich)
Old May 13, 2021, 8:34 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by sueco6
The only lounge open in Oslo is the domestic lounge.

I tried to relax for a while and took off my shoes and lifted my feet on the sofa and suddenly a SAS-woman came to me and said that I should keep my feet on the floor as this wasn’t a sleeping lounge (I was listening to the radio). Such an unpleasant experience.
That is simply not done in public in Norway. Try to do the same thing on a train, and you will be told off by the conductor. The logic is that your feet without shoes will be sweaty and smelly, and other people will be sitting in the same place after you have left, which is quite undelicate.
Old May 13, 2021, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JR67
And now we are all curious. Out with it - what weird stuff do you do? 😁
It must just be weird with SAS at OSL since it’s not happened to me at any of the non-SAS lounges at OSL over the years or any other lounge ever. With SAS@OSL I think they were paranoid about me “sneaking” into the Gold side of the lounge there when it was slow for them and they weren’t busy doing something better.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The huge wide seating in the OSL domestic lounge do invite you to put up your feet like you do on your sofa at home...

Lounge wardens of SAS are rather special... I've had my issues with the ladies in HEL and ORD who were on some power trip each time I went there. The best one was the Swedish lady in HEL who came over to sush my quiet kids telling us 'there are business men trying to work here'. At 8pm on December 27th
Old May 13, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Lounge wardens of SAS are rather special... I've had my issues with the ladies in HEL and ORD who were on some power trip each time I went there. The best one was the Swedish lady in HEL who came over to sush my quiet kids telling us 'there are business men trying to work here'. At 8pm on December 27th
I have long appreciated Scandinavian women in uniform given me much needed direction in life. The lounge staff is no exception.
SK2751 likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nussle
I stopped using SAS for quite a while now, the lounges have become so miserable and for some reason the SAS staff seem even more angry than normal.

No wine in Arlanda, just some old sandwiches and a quite nice soup last time I was there.

Turkish is offering a full meal in flight and their lounge has some ok cooked food in it so most of the time I have switched to them. I dont know what to do about SAS, its kinda pointless flying them just now and especially pointless in anything above SAS go.

I spoke to the lady in Arlanda lounge a couple weeks back, she said the wine will return in June, so I will try them again in June.
I think you give Turkish more credit than they are due. For most of the pandemic where SK was still serving a full meal in long haul J, Turkish handed out a cold snack box. It is only very recently that Turkish got back to meal service, and even more recently with almost normal meal service. So yes, the service from TK is great in normal times, for most of the pandemic though, they were the bottom of the bottom.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; May 14, 2021 at 2:07 am
Old May 13, 2021, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The huge wide seating in the OSL domestic lounge do invite you to put up your feet like you do on your sofa at home...

Some of the SAS employees think it's their business to keep people in line even when people are not out of line. A pre-emptive strike of sort. SAS is really special in that regard in the lounges and even in the sky. Those who get the biggest break from that approach? People whom they think of as "business men".
Old May 13, 2021, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Some of the SAS employees think it's their business to keep people in line even when people are not out of line. A pre-emptive strike of sort. SAS is really special in that regard in the lounges and even in the sky. Those who get the biggest break from that approach? People whom they think of as "business men".
It is to some extent a Scandinavian trait, cracking down on people not conforming to the norms. Or suspected of going to not conform. One norm SAS seems to have trouble letting go is "The Businessman's Airline" so if you comply to that norm, that takes a lot of priority.
Old May 14, 2021, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by nussle
Turkish is offering a full meal in flight and their lounge has some ok cooked food in it so most of the time I have switched to them.
I haven't done much flying the last year, and I know that TK has improved lately, but this is the meal I had on a TK long-haul flight last November. I can't remember a single airline where I've had a worse meal in econmy class on long-haul.

CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 1:53 am

TK catering was a desaster and is limping back to normalcy: TK Catering back to normal?
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I think you give Turkish more credit than they are due. For most of the pandemic where SK was still serving a full meal in long haul J, Turkish handed out a cold snack box. It is only very recently that Turkish got back to meal service, and even more recently with almost normal meal service. So yes, the service from TK is great in normal times, for most of the pandemic though, they were the bottom of the bottom.
Dunno, I was flying SK around Europe and even in "business" they were not giving anything at all. My first flights with TK at the beginning were a paperbag with a sandwich and that peach juice in your picture but now its a full meal even back in economy.

And, its always nice to fly with cabin crew that is generally polite and friendly, that, for absolute sure never happens in SAS.... not even really at checkin although I did see one smile once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.