Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
As SAS appear to have dropped HEL from the next winter schedule completely - not a single service to ARN, CPH or OSL to be found, maybe the HEL lounge will never reopen. It's a pity because I liked it.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
As SAS appear to have dropped HEL from the next winter schedule completely - not a single service to ARN, CPH or OSL to be found, maybe the HEL lounge will never reopen. It's a pity because I liked it.
I doubt that is the case. They simply haven't decided on the winter schedule yet, there are plenty of important routes missing right now (e.g. ARN-GOT, anything to DUS, anything to BRU, etc.).

That said, SK at HEL is looking very bleak right now. For the coming weeks there are only 2xdaily flights to ARN and 1x daily to CPH. They stopped providing lounge as well as fast track.
GUWonder and lhrpete like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:59 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by Gnopps
That said, SK at HEL is looking very bleak right now. For the coming weeks there are only 2xdaily flights to ARN and 1x daily to CPH. They stopped providing lounge as well as fast track.
Yes, it's a great way to keep your frequent travellers on board - cut everything and offer a minimum number of services so that regulars are forced to look at the competition.
lhrpete and the810 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:17 pm

I’m just reading this now as I have a flight on SK from HEL to ARN today and then from ARN to NCE tomorrow.
They marketed my fare as including fast track and lounge access… so I’m a bit confused why they’re selling something they don’t have (but could if they wanted to). Other than the Business Class ticket, I have Star Gold with both TK and SQ if that makes any difference…

In T1 do any of the contract lounges work for Priority Pass, etc.? AmEx Platinum as well as some kind of MasterCard Lounge access scheme I usually only have to use in “Third World” countries, which wouldn’t normally bring Finland to mind.
Also at the same time my friend is flying LH J to FRA with F onwards from there. Is he really without a lounge in HEL with an F class ticket???

Seems incomprehensible.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No lounge for Lufthansa either. PP will get you into the 'Aspire' contract lounge in HEL.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No lounge for Lufthansa either. PP will get you into the 'Aspire' contract lounge in HEL.
Thanks - I guess we’ll be “Aspiring” then.
My friend is going to think Lufthansa First is absolute bollocks after having flown Air France La Premiere where even for connecting flights in business class, the ground service is still absolutely La Premiere… Hopefully he will forget about the airport experience in HEL(L) after settling into the FCT in FRA.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:07 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AF uses the Aspire lounge in HEL… not much to write home about.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Is wine flowing again in OSL-lounge ? 😊😊😊
Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:36 pm

Gold lounge in OSL?

I just reached the SAS Gold level (thanks to the 4* promotion) and I will be flying from OSL this sunday. I wonder if there is a separate Gold lounge available in Oslo presently?
Old Feb 27, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by hephep
I just reached the SAS Gold level (thanks to the 4* promotion) and I will be flying from OSL this sunday. I wonder if there is a separate Gold lounge available in Oslo presently?
There is. Just keep left as you go in.

That said, when I was there last Sunday there were maybe 4 people in the business lounge and the gold lounge fairly full, so if you want peace better not go through.

I fail to see the difference between the two lounges bar gold lounges being more crowded…
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Thanks to work-from-home orders I haven't flown to ARN since November. Now I will be starting again. I assume that all flights are still going in/out of T5 - is this still correct?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JR67
Thanks to work-from-home orders I haven't flown to ARN since November. Now I will be starting again. I assume that all flights are still going in/out of T5 - is this still correct?
Seemed so to me a few days ago, if talking about domestic SAS flights along with SAS international flights.

ARN T5 air-side is a construction site. For some, it may even be strangely disorienting trying to find their way to the lounges after clearing the security screening checkpoints. And I'm not sure what is going on with lounges at ARN filling up, but when I'm there i keep seeing the ARN lounges more packed than I saw them before the pandemic. Still able to get seated, but just busier than I'm used to for my travels out of ARN.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 1, 2022 at 5:38 am
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Seemed so to me a few days ago, if talking about domestic SAS flights along with SAS international flights.

ARN T5 air-side is a construction site. For some, it may even be strangely disorienting trying to find their way to the lounges after clearing the security screening checkpoints. And I'm not sure what is going on with lounges at ARN filling up, but when I'm there i keep seeing the ARN lounges more packed than I saw them before the pandemic. Still able to get seated, but just busier than I'm used to for my travels out of ARN.
At OSL last Sunday (9 days ago). Gold lounge fairly full - 3 or 4 people in the business lounge.
At ARN Monday day after - gold lounge was fairly full. Couldn't see anyone in the business lounge.

All points to that the people who flew during last 3 months of the year and January are definitely the ones still flying (4x). And that the campaign was 'successful'. And that the only ones flying Plus are now *G...
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Oh that must be a new development then. Just recent when I was transiting via ARN Gold was only open. Who know gold lounges might get baristas back soon.
Went through this morning. Docked far out at the F gates. No sign of any construction inside today. Gold lounge almost empty.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer

I fail to see the difference between the two lounges bar gold lounges being more crowded…
Wasn't the main difference spirits in the gold. They have disappeared with covid so I guess there is no real difference now....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.