Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Old Jun 20, 2021, 8:38 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Stil
  • Reintroduction of the weekly Hot dog service. Edit: Friday, at least it used to be...
I think it was different days at the different hubs. Long-distance commuters in Norway tend to work Mo-Th. Thus Thursday in Norway.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by ksu
I think it was different days at the different hubs. Long-distance commuters in Norway tend to work Mo-Th. Thus Thursday in Norway.
I had a growing feeling that that was the case, after writing friday and to be honest i havent been to OSL for a very long time.

Just for the fun of memorys lane, can anybody remember if it was also the case that hod dog day was Thursday in OSL 9-10 years ago? I used to commute internationally to OSL at that time.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by ksu
In ordinary rimes, when on an INT/INT connection, you have to enter Norway to get to the DOM lounge. In practise that means that you have to get security screened again at OSL. Not so much an issue when arriving from IST (I don't think that IST is a sterile origin when it comes to security), but might have been an issue if you were travelling in the opposite direction! During the current situation, with compulsory corona-testing, and severe restrictions on entry, I don't imagine that you would be allowed to enter, not even just to the landside part/domestic side of the airport.
I'm aware of what it's like normally, but many airports have special arrangements these days. E.g. ARN has moved all domestic flights to T5, which means that the domestic area is the same as the Schengen area. But I'm not sure what OSL has done physically in the terminals.

When I think about it now, it wouldn't make sense for OSL to do the same as ARN since Norway has special entry rules. For OSL, maybe it would make more sense to join the international Schengen and non-Schengen area into one physical area. But I haven't been to OSL at all since the pandemic started.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:01 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by RedChili
I'm aware of what it's like normally, but many airports have special arrangements these days. E.g. ARN has moved all domestic flights to T5, which means that the domestic area is the same as the Schengen area. But I'm not sure what OSL has done physically in the terminals.

When I think about it now, it wouldn't make sense for OSL to do the same as ARN since Norway has special entry rules. For OSL, maybe it would make more sense to join the international Schengen and non-Schengen area into one physical area. But I haven't been to OSL at all since the pandemic started.
I have travelled regularly to OSL during the pandemic, but only domestically. OSL has downsized the domestic part of the airport (the B-pier is closed), but the fall in domestic travel has been less than the fall in international travel. Combined with the fact that that domestic travel is relatively more important at OSL than at CPH/ARN an ARN solution wouldn't make sense here. Normal Schengen border controls have not been suspended, nor have ordinary customs rules been suspended, necessitating to have three separate zones at the airport. So the physical arrangement with domestic to the left or straight ahead after security, and Schengen to the right, and non-Schengen to the far-right, (passing through Schengen) remains the same.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
How does one get to the arrival lounge at CPH? I only see the one at C10 and aren't I being funneled through passport control and then I'm landside? Just want to change out of PJs in a shower room (unless there's crazy competition for them) and grab a snack. Can I bring 1 guest or do I need a day pass?

The PP lounge claims it's the "only lounge after passport control."

Finally, I'm not a big fan of my bag being unattended circling the belt endlessly. I assume the objective here is to move quickly.

Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by saaveraward
How does one get to the arrival lounge at CPH? I only see the one at C10 and aren't I being funneled through passport control and then I'm landside? Just want to change out of PJs in a shower room (unless there's crazy competition for them) and grab a snack. Can I bring 1 guest or do I need a day pass?

The PP lounge claims it's the "only lounge after passport control."

Finally, I'm not a big fan of my bag being unattended circling the belt endlessly. I assume the objective here is to move quickly.

Thanks
The only arrivals lounge in Copenhagen is the Scandinavian Airlines lounges in the Schengen area. You would either need to fly business class long haul with SAS or be Eurobonus Gold or above member or above to access it. It is not a Star Alliance benefit. Business class does not have guest privileges.

Rather than follow the flow for arrivals, where you will indeed be funneled to the baggage claim area, take the path for connecting flights, if they ask for a boarding pass just tell them you want to access the lounge.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jun 23, 2021 at 9:51 pm
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:15 am

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Last fall I tried to use the SAS lounge at C10 at arrival, but it was allowed for departure only which I did later that trip.

On my trip now the Carlsberg Aviator lounge outside passport control worked for arrival. Our suitcases were comfortably waiting for us on the floor by the belt inside security.

I have also used the Eventyr lounge inside passport control while departing on a domestic trip. I noticed the Aspire lounge is closed until June 26.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
Last fall I tried to use the SAS lounge at C10 at arrival, but it was allowed for departure only which I did later that trip.

On my trip now the Carlsberg Aviator lounge outside passport control worked for arrival. Our suitcases were comfortably waiting for us on the floor by the belt inside security.

I have also used the Eventyr lounge inside passport control while departing on a domestic trip. I noticed the Aspire lounge is closed until June 26.
For Carlsberg, I'm going to have to go from T3 to T2, correct?

I wonder why Eventyr says it's outside passport control.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:33 am

For Carlsberg, I'm going to have to go from T3 to T2, correct?

Yes, you have to go to T2 in direction B gates form T3.

It`s on top of Le Sommelier bistro, Which is hard to miss walking from that direction.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 3:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For clearing passport control at CPH on arrival into Denmark, all common routes upon clearing passport control currently lead initially to being airside at the terminal. And that is whether having an onward connecting flight (to a Schengen destination) from CPH or having to claim baggage at CPH and go landside at CPH.

Eventyr is on the non-Schengen side of the airport. And it may have been written from a perspective relative to what constitutes after passport control and what constitutes being before passport control.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
For clearing passport control at CPH on arrival into Denmark, all common routes upon clearing passport control currently lead initially to being airside at the terminal. And that is whether having an onward connecting flight (to a Schengen destination) from CPH or having to claim baggage at CPH and go landside at CPH.

Eventyr is on the non-Schengen side of the airport. And it may have been written from a perspective relative to what constitutes after passport control and what constitutes being before passport control.
OK, so coming from US, I should be able to access Eventyr (if they accept arrivals) and will not have my checked bag. Correct?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:17 am

OK, so coming from US, I should be able to access Eventyr (if they accept arrivals) and will not have my checked bag. Correct?
It`s worth a try but i`m doubtfull they will let you in to the Eventyr lounge. Otherwise as mentioned before the Aviator Apertment and Carlsberg lounges will let you in with out onward boarding pass.

I have used both as arrival lounge several times, during the last 3 years. My entrance has been paid though, I have not tried with PP they might ask for boarding pass in that case?

Last edited by Stil; Jun 24, 2021 at 7:33 am
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Eventyr asks for a boarding pass when you try to enter with the PP card. When I asked why the agent said its to verify the identity of the holder, the boarding pass doesn't have to be for a departing flight.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Eventyr asks for a boarding pass when you try to enter with the PP card. When I asked why the agent said its to verify the identity of the holder, the boarding pass doesn't have to be for a departing flight.
I never thought about it like that, with the boarding pass being for documentation only and not for proff of onward travel. I must have been locked in the conception that it would be the same as with FF same day onward travel for lounge access (I know there are exceptions).
Good to know
Have you asked in other PP lounges?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No this agent was rather chatty and I asked out of jest why he wanted my BP, since I was flying SAS that day and he couldn't charge them for my visit. He said scanning the BP populated his system and filled out all the fields required to charge PP for the visit.

I got a similar impression from the rather unfriendly LD of the Menzies/Norrsken lounge in ARN: she wanted to see all BPs of my family and scanned them in one by one. Her reasoning for taking all the BPs was to check if my youngest was really under 12. (That lounge doesn't charge for or count kids under 12). The computer told her all was good and only two guests were charged to my PP.
Stil likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.