Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS to reopen routes to US and Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS to reopen routes to US and Europe

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2020, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Sorry to bump an old post, but did you receive a pre-departure beverage? I am flying EWR-CPH soon so I'd like to know.

https://check-in.dk/sas-er-langsomt-...-mod-normalen/

From the pic, it does look like the mains and starters are back to normal but are served on one tray.
No I didn't. But this was September and things might've changed.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, CO Gold
No pre-departure beverage on EWR-CPH when I flew in mid-December. The main meal was served on a single tray with two options for the main course: beef or chicken. The tray did not feature a dessert, but they handed out a trio of chocolates after the meal.

The breakfast service was not too different from usual, though the Chobani was replaced with a diet regular yogurt and there was no hot egg concoction. Unlike on the short-haul flights they did serve coffee.

Both dinner and breakfast service were completed much faster than normal, which meant more time to rest. Overall, it was a great flight. The A350 felt much roomier than the A330 (although the many open seats may have contributed to this impression).
Old Jan 1, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by jope_taco
No pre-departure beverage on EWR-CPH when I flew in mid-December. The main meal was served on a single tray with two options for the main course: beef or chicken. The tray did not feature a dessert, but they handed out a trio of chocolates after the meal.

The breakfast service was not too different from usual, though the Chobani was replaced with a diet regular yogurt and there was no hot egg concoction. Unlike on the short-haul flights they did serve coffee.

Both dinner and breakfast service were completed much faster than normal, which meant more time to rest. Overall, it was a great flight. The A350 felt much roomier than the A330 (although the many open seats may have contributed to this impression).
I also flew SK910 on Dec 14th and we were verbally told beef, chicken and pasta so three main choices. I asked during coffee if they had any desserts and was told that I am lucky to even receive chocolates since a month earlier there was nothing at all. The nuts with the pre-dinner drink were bagged instead of coming in the usual ramekin.

Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I also flew SK910 on Dec 14th and we were verbally told beef, chicken and pasta so three main choices. I asked during coffee if they had any desserts and was told that I am lucky to even receive chocolates since a month earlier there was nothing at all. The nuts with the pre-dinner drink were bagged instead of coming in the usual ramekin.

In TATL economy class, does SAS even currently offer a meal choice anymore if it's not a special order meal? I wasn't exactly sure if it was a joke when someone said that they were not offering a meal choice in economy class and that taking away the choice would be a way to save economy class passengers and the cabin-serving FAs from spending as much time in close proximity to each other.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
In TATL economy class, does SAS even currently offer a meal choice anymore if it's not a special order meal? I wasn't exactly sure if it was a joke when someone said that they were not offering a meal choice in economy class and that taking away the choice would be a way to save economy class passengers and the cabin-serving FAs from spending as much time in close proximity to each other.
SAS GO on longhaul pre-pandemic is the sorriest "full-service" Y cabin you can possibly find. It's been probably 10 years since GO has had one option only.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:03 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Have SAS ever offered a choice in Y as a standard? Someone told me once they received an offer of leftover from W or the regular single Y option, but once this ran out after the first couple of rows there was no choice. They didn’t when I last flew it in 1993, and I avoid SAS longhaul Y as the plague.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, there used to be a choice in Y, it was scrapped together with the free drink option some years ago.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:22 am
Suspended

SAS still offered at least some kind of special order meals in Y on Q1 2020 TATL flights. So the choice was the standard meal or the special order meal.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SAS offers you to pre order a 'premium' meal on long haul economy (sorry SAS 'Go') since 2018: Pre-ordering Premium Menus On Long Haul SAS Go Flights
Old Jan 5, 2021, 6:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
SAS offers you to pre order a 'premium' meal on long haul economy (sorry SAS 'Go') since 2018: Pre-ordering Premium Menus On Long Haul SAS Go Flights
Which left SAS economy class TATL customers to plan on suffering one of the three meal types in Y: SAS's standard Y meal (no additional charge), a special order meal (no additional charge), or a "premium" meal for additional charge.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Which left SAS economy class TATL customers to plan on suffering one of the three meal types in Y: SAS's standard Y meal (no additional charge), a special order meal (no additional charge), or a "premium" meal for additional charge.
One perk with the premium meal was that it includes alcohol, I think three units.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 9:42 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm flying SK910 in business next week. Are they still offering the full drinks service onboard? (most importantly Champagne). Also was there any drinks service before the meal or was everything just served on a single tray?

Considering how airlines like BA and Turkish have reduced their service to the bare minimum it's still nice to see that SAS are still offering full service in business class.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
SK seems to have aggressive summer plans.

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/sas-...s-summer-2021/
Old Feb 10, 2021, 11:26 pm

Programs: Various
They should have. I speculate that it's a win-win for them. Either everything opens up and they can earn money that way or they'll have to rebook travellers later on but have then received cash already. So either they improve their EBIT or 'only' their cash flow.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by LH4116
I'm flying SK910 in business next week. Are they still offering the full drinks service onboard? (most importantly Champagne). Also was there any drinks service before the meal or was everything just served on a single tray?

Considering how airlines like BA and Turkish have reduced their service to the bare minimum it's still nice to see that SAS are still offering full service in business class.
Little late with my reply but yes, on my SK910 in December, there were pre-meal drinks including champagne plus most if not all drinks from the normal days. Nuts served bagged instead of in a ramekin. No PDB however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.