Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS to reopen routes to US and Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS to reopen routes to US and Europe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2020, 1:30 am

Old Aug 30, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
A friend living in Denmark tells me that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is expected to issue updates to some rules tomorrow, extending the recommendation not to travel to the U.S. Based on that, she thinks a claim can result in a refund for her flight in a week that hasn’t been cancelled. That’s news to me, given it’s not the airline’s responsibility whether you can enter your destination country. Or might she have a chance?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by vanillabean
A friend living in Denmark tells me that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is expected to issue updates to some rules tomorrow, extending the recommendation not to travel to the U.S. Based on that, she thinks a claim can result in a refund for her flight in a week that hasn’t been cancelled. That’s news to me, given it’s not the airline’s responsibility whether you can enter your destination country. Or might she have a chance?
Airlines have been linient with rebookings needed base on travel restrictions based on Covid-19, but it is a curtesy policy as far as I know. Not sure what SK does, but my home carrier JAL has that as cause gĝr free rebooking or cancellation.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Originally Posted by Baker421
Has anyone here flown with SAS to/from the US lately? I'm trying to find out what their onboard business class service is like during covid. What are the food and drink offerings like at this point? How do they compare with other Star Alliance offerings?
I was wondering the same -- flew SK935 CPH-SFO last week. Full drink service available, but meal is on a single tray, akin to what one used to receive in SAS Plus. Choice between salmon or chicken -- portion sizes were small. Prior to arrival, a cold lunch was served. Definitely better than TK but if you're looking for a true J experience right now, I'd go with LH/LX/OS/SN who have basically full pre-covid service.
GUWonder and Baker421 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by swgsword
I was wondering the same -- flew SK935 CPH-SFO last week. Full drink service available, but meal is on a single tray, akin to what one used to receive in SAS Plus. Choice between salmon or chicken -- portion sizes were small. Prior to arrival, a cold lunch was served. Definitely better than TK but if you're looking for a true J experience right now, I'd go with LH/LX/OS/SN who have basically full pre-covid service.
That's helpful, thanks for sharing. I just flew LH418 FRA-IAD last week and the service and food were terrible in J. No pre-departure drink and the food was the same as economy. Flew LX ZRH-JFK in July, however, and it was fantastic in all respects.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Same food as economy? Sounds strange.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
SAS is re-starting up its China service. Let's see how long it takes before SAS gets around to restarting up some more US service too.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF Platinum, SAS Diamond
Any news on when SAS is planning to reopen the Stockholm to Newark route?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
SAS is re-starting up its China service. Let's see how long it takes before SAS gets around to restarting up some more US service too.
Do you have some positive confirmation on this, is it the CPT-PVG or ARN-PEK, or both?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by plunet
Do you have some positive confirmation on this, is it the CPT-PVG or ARN-PEK, or both?
I'll let someone who knows more answer re: restarting, but there is no flight ARN-PEK - the China flights are all ex CPH unless something has changed in recent months.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:43 am
Suspended

SAS is restarting flights to Shanghai, as they have now gotten Chinese government approval to fly to Shanghai again. SAS has greater business travel and cargo demand for Shanghai than for Beijing. And IIRC demand for travel to China has been greater from/via CPH than from/via ARN. Put all of that together and the flight route being restarted would be presumed by me to be CPH-PVG.

SAS bailed out of all service to China at the end of January.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Here´s the press announcement: https://www.sasgroup.net/newsroom/pr...o-china-again/

It´s CH-PVG.

Svantevit
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:13 am
Suspended

At least the SAS routes of greatest relevance to me seem to currently have very good transatlantic award space availability in business class using partner airline program miles.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Did SAS kill the Miami route completely? I can't seem to find any scheduled flights...
Old Dec 12, 2020, 10:30 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by swgsword
Sorry to bump an old post, but did you receive a pre-departure beverage? I am flying EWR-CPH soon so I'd like to know.

https://check-in.dk/sas-er-langsomt-...-mod-normalen/

From the pic, it does look like the mains and starters are back to normal but are served on one tray.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.