Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

COVID19: Courtesy extension of MC FlyPremium Level

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite

In case of interest: I’ve e-mailed EBG costumer service to request a courtesy extension of my current MasterCard Fly Premieum +200.000 points level due to significant spending reductions in the last couple of months due to COVID19. Here’s the response I got:

“Har du været i kontakt med MasterCard, det er dem som skal afgøre hvad de vil gøre i forhold til dette.

Vi har ikke fået besked endnu.

Måske det er på trapperne.”

[Have you contacted MasterCard, they are the ones who will decide on the matter. We have not been notified yet. Maybe it’s in the pipeline]

I’ve e-mailed SEB Card in DK accordingly.
Old May 1, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
I've asked them essentially the same and got an answer today saying that they won't credit any points for cancelled flights (even in a situation where SK did that).

They then make reference to the 12 month extension but mention nothing about my Fly Premium benefit that I will struggle to maintain.
Old May 3, 2020, 12:11 am
Original Poster

I spoke to SEB Card who said they didn’t understand why EB was referring me to them since it’s EB’s decision to extend FlyPremium levels and EB has informed SEB that there are no plans to do so. They mentioned the extension of EB levels which doesn’t do anything for me because I’m LTG.

In the end I got a negative reply from SEB via e-mail that I’ve forwarded to EB. So far no response from EB.
Old May 3, 2020, 4:47 am

I have spoken with both SAS and SEB. None wants to take a decision. SAS says IT IS SEB who has to take the decision. SEB says it is SAs but in the same sentence says, it wont happen!
Go figure...
I can only recommend that all sends SEB a message through the secure message, when logged into your account. SEB needs to know that there is an issue!
Old May 3, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
I have spoken with both SAS and SEB. None wants to take a decision. SAS says IT IS SEB who has to take the decision. SEB says it is SAs but in the same sentence says, it wont happen!
Go figure...
I can only recommend that all sends SEB a message through the secure message, when logged into your account. SEB needs to know that there is an issue!
The problem here is that SEB has zero reason to extend benefits. They know that most people will stick with them for the basic points, extra points, and cheaper award tickets. Why should they extend? I know that my charges are mostly unchanged, but that is because 95% of my charges are private. So for me it isn't a worry. If you are using your cards for business travel then you will definitely use them less. But since there is no credible alternative if you want the EuroBonus-related benefits, they would be foolish to extend. They may lose goodwill, but they won't lose many customers. At least I figure that is what their bean-counters are betting on.

Regarding who makes the decision - it must be SEB. SAS / EB isn't picking up the bill for cheaper award tickets - that is a perk that SEB is paying for.
Old May 4, 2020, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

E-mail from EB:

“Jeg beklager, men så kan vi ikke gøre noget herfra.

Det kan være SEB og SAS i samarbejde kommer frem til noget på et senere tidspunkt.”
Old May 4, 2020, 11:59 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by Hafnia
E-mail from EB:

“Jeg beklager, men så kan vi ikke gøre noget herfra.

Det kan være SEB og SAS i samarbejde kommer frem til noget på et senere tidspunkt.”
Just a quick translation for the non-Danish speakers; EB can't do anýthing about it, but maybe SEB and SAS will come up with a solution in the future, That was about as non-committal as they come

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.