Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anybody received a refund?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, did get the refund. Cancelled the tickets in June, got back the EuroBonus points same day. Refund for taxes+fees was credited back to my card end of October.
Thanks for the response. Looks like I need to call them again.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 1:36 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Update

Originally Posted by PJLukasik
I finally received my refund on the 27th of November from an itinerary (TOS-OSL-CDG) that was cancelled over the phone on 23 April.
My other itinerary that was cancelled on the 28th of April (EDI-OSL-TOS) is still pending according to the website.
Back in January when checking on the status of my remaining refund, I noticed that the website no longer lists my PNR as being in the refund queue. I used the chat feature and I was told:
"I will escalate this to our accounting department, I am sorry.
Yes, there is some technical issue with this one - I am writing the department now."

I phoned the US call centre this afternoon and it is apparently being considered by the refund department, though they assured me I was entitled to a refund. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:13 am

Update: I was considering calling the Swedish customer service number that montone59 provided, but the DoT complaint worked. I was contacted by SAS a few days later, and finally got the refund back on my card. Yay!!!
nacho likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Back in January when checking on the status of my remaining refund, I noticed that the website no longer lists my PNR as being in the refund queue. I used the chat feature and I was told:
Yes, there is some technical issue with this one - I am writing the department now."

I phoned the US call centre this afternoon and it is apparently being considered by the refund department, though they assured me I was entitled to a refund. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Great tip with the chat service. I asked them yesterday about my missing EB points (an award was refunded but only the taxes showed up) and the agent said he would forward it to EB. Today I see 18000 points appeared on my account dated yesterday. Top service!
nacho, FlyingMoose and SK2751 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:40 am
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
49 Weeks later, give or take a few days, I have my refund

Happy to finally close this loop; last week I finally received my refund for my second itinerary as promised. I couldn't say what caused such a mess, as this is the one time I have ever done business with SAS, but I am happy to finally have it resolved. (Contrast with my KL itinerary booked via the DL website, where I had my money back within about 30 hours.)

To summarize:
  • 1 Feb 2020: Bought two one way tickets: EDI-OSL-TOS departing 3 May, and TOS-OSL-CDG departing 6 May
  • 23 April 2020: EDI-OSL-TOS itinerary is cancelled via phone with the call centre in NJ. (I recall the agent said it looked like I was automatically rebooked onto a flight that was also cancelled, which may be part of the issue)
  • 28 April 2020: TOS-OSL-CDG itinerary is cancelled, and I requested a refund via the online form
  • 27 November 2020: Refund for TOS-OSL-CDG hits credit card
  • January 2021: PNR for EDI-OSL-TOS is no longer listed in the refund tool as being available for a refund
  • February 2021: After phone calls and live chats they concede that there is a technical problem with this itinerary and promise resolution
  • 31 March 2021, Final refund hits credit card

Last edited by PJLukasik; Apr 7, 2021 at 11:41 am Reason: Extra bullet got added
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: United, Alaska, SAS, Virgin Atlantic, Air France
Still waiting for my refund. Any hints?

I have a case number for my refund. It's been in process for about 4 months. Every time I call I am told I am due a refund and the agent escalates or re-escalates the refund to the Refunds department. The agent then tells me to watch for the refund at my credit card account.

Nothing happens and I call again.

Today I asked if there was anyone (like a supervisor) I could talk to and I was told "no." The agent was in Cyprus. Is this at a third party contractor to SAS and not actually SAS employees?

Any ideas on how to actually get the refund escalated?

I think it's too late to go back to the credit card company.

Thanks for any hints!
Old Apr 16, 2021, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by drennman
Any ideas on how to actually get the refund escalated?
If you were supposed to travel to or from an airport in Denmark: Complain to Trafikstyrelsen. They require the applicant to have a NemID but from my reading of the law they are required to accept applications from all passengers including those who are not eligible to obtain a NemID.

If you were supposed to travel to or from an airport in Norway: I think you're supposed to complain here?

If you were supposed to travel to or from an airport in Sweden: Complain to Allmänna reklamationsnämnden.

You can maybe also complain in a country through which you were only transiting, but this hasn't been tested in the European Court of Justice.

When you complain, also remember to request statutory late payment interest because SAS failed to refund you within seven days.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 5:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Have you tried the chat service? They got my case resolved. The call center is outsourced.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 5:16 pm

Programs: United, Alaska, SAS, Virgin Atlantic, Air France
Thank you both! I will try both routes!
Old May 8, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
One flight on my planned trip this month was cancelled and replaced with one that arrived 2 hours after my connection was due to depart..... I phoned the call centre to cancel the whole itinerary and was dealt with in 10 minutes with the refund back to my credit card within 48 hours.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:31 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Anyone having issues with SK refund processing these days? I cancelled a couple of refundable tickets a few weeks ago, got the refund confirmation right away, but no sign of the refunds on my credit card. The website shows as no longer in the refund queue.

Current wait time for the online chat is estimated at 3 hours, 42 minutes, with 206 people ahead in the queue.

I'm not really hurting for the cash, but would like to just have this resolved so I don't have to keep track of it. Anyone seen these things sort themselves out more than a couple weeks after cancelling, or now that it has gone on this long, is this going to require intervention one way or another? (SAS actually pushing through the refund, chargeback, etc)
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Anyone having issues with SK refund processing these days? I cancelled a couple of refundable tickets a few weeks ago, got the refund confirmation right away, but no sign of the refunds on my credit card. The website shows as no longer in the refund queue.

Current wait time for the online chat is estimated at 3 hours, 42 minutes, with 206 people ahead in the queue.

I'm not really hurting for the cash, but would like to just have this resolved so I don't have to keep track of it. Anyone seen these things sort themselves out more than a couple weeks after cancelling, or now that it has gone on this long, is this going to require intervention one way or another? (SAS actually pushing through the refund, chargeback, etc)
SK is dealing with a lot of customers who were affected by the strike, ourselves included. I was stranded at YYZ on the 14th July and had to wait over 4:30 to get to talk to someone to tell me that my rebooking was a no-show and that I should find a safe place to stay at YYZ and find my way home to Denmark on my own dime. They are filing for Chapter 11 and if they are not paying you the best would be to file a charge back with your CC issuer. If I were you I'd send the confirmation of the refunds (proving that you are entitled to them) to your CC issuer, and explain to them that they are impossible to get a hold of.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:50 pm

Will SAS be issuing a full refund for a round trip flight when only the return flights were cancelled? Or will it be a partial refund?

They were able to get us from SFO -> OSLO ( automatically rebooked ) but our flights back home (SFO -> OSLO) were cancelled and we weren't rebooked - effectively stranding us at OSLO. Tried calling their support line to no available (2+ hours) so I ended up a booking my own flight to get home.

Is there a specific time frame when SAS will have to send the refund back? (Need the amount being refunded so I can file a claim with travel insurance - filed a case with SAS but pretty sure that will be a dung-show).
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
My flight on July 14 was cancelled and the rebooking they suggested was not acceptable so I took the cancel option. Received an email confirmation saying I would receive refund within 7 days (bought directly from SAS). Over two weeks later and nothing, and when I enter confirmation number in their website it does not appear so I just filed dispute with Amex.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by cpworld
My flight on July 14 was cancelled and the rebooking they suggested was not acceptable so I took the cancel option. Received an email confirmation saying I would receive refund within 7 days (bought directly from SAS). Over two weeks later and nothing, and when I enter confirmation number in their website it does not appear so I just filed dispute with Amex.
For SAS flights to and from the US, per DOT - they are are required to refund within 7 days when paid via credit card. But it seems they are skirting around this with their bankruptcy filing? So working with AMEX for a charge back is probably the better choice. I wonder if getting a chargeback for the original flights will cause problems for claims filed with SAS (e.q. trip interruption caused but they cancellations as a lot of people got stuck / stranded without any help from SAS and had to book cars, hotels, and flights to get back home).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.