Has anybody received a refund?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: Infinity
Requested refund April 26.
Received total amount August 19.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold
Got the refund for one-way flight (requested on April 19th) on August 18th posted to original form of payment.

No notification from SAS, but I am glad to have the refund.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
After waiting over 5 months, I have finally received my refund from SK.

March 18: Refund requested
August 29: Received an email stating my refund had been processed
August 31: Refund posted to my Canadian credit card

The only refund I'm waiting on now is my refund from OS for a flight cancelled in May.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Are the refunds moving again? I'm stil waiting on a refund submitted about 5 1/2 months ago...
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:09 am

I think they are processing the refunds and are about 6 months behind. So your refund should be up the quite soon. At least that was CS told me when I asked a few days ago.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So I guess the one refund of an April 9 request on July 30 I got was a fluke
Old Sep 14, 2020, 10:43 am

Still waiting on a refund request made on Jun 30th for a July 18th flight, but based on this thread and SAS's twitter feed, it looks like I may hav to wait several more months.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:32 pm

Hello, can someone please help me?
My flight 15 April flight to Tokyo was canceled on 8 April. Now, it's almost 18000 NOK, and it's been nearly half a year. I have been calling them almost every month, and they've been promising me that money will be soon, that I'm in the queue for a refund, etc. etc. But, I see that you guys have received some emails about them confirming your requests for a refund. Now, I haven't filled out any request, when I try to, they just lead me to a page saying no flight found. In fact, I have only the cancellation email. Not reassuring. How did you guys send requests for a refund? How on earth did you receive emails from them, when there is no email address provided to contact them with? and the last question, is claiming compensation will delete my claim for a refund? Thank you!
Old Sep 19, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I called on July 6th to request a refund for a rescheduled flight. I called again today to inquire about the status. The SAS agent said to expect 12-15 weeks from the date of request.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Dont send anything - you need to call and speak to an agent.
Don't worry about no emails being received; this has been reported numerus times in this thread. Rest assured that at some stage you will get your refund; but you need to be very patient though.

There is no compensation claim for cancellation of flight due to Covid-19. A waste of time and energy to go that path.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: EBG, LCAH Gold, HH Gold, IHG RC GE
February 28th: Booked CPH -> ABZ round-trip
May 18th: Flight cancelled, applied for refund
July 31st: Received refund (to SAS DK EuroBonus Mastercard)
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:36 am

Received email this morning saying my tickets have been refunded and wait a few days to see this reflected on my credit card. (It's about time! This is for 2 RT business class seats, so it's several thousand dollars.)

June 30th - flight was cancelled, applied for refund
Sept 24th - received email saying tickets are being refunded.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 7:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by WryMartini
Received email this morning saying my tickets have been refunded and wait a few days to see this reflected on my credit card. (It's about time! This is for 2 RT business class seats, so it's several thousand dollars.)

June 30th - flight was cancelled, applied for refund
Sept 24th - received email saying tickets are being refunded.
You're lucky. For me I cancelled my tickets back in May, and until today nothing. Already complained to customer service, and the only answer from them is please wait a few more days....
If I don't get anything back early next week I'm going to call in to ask.

Cheers!
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:22 am

Refund

In the cancellation email, you had to look hard for refunds instead a travel voucher for a future flight. You then get an email confirming that you want a refund. I have received more emails asking if I want to switch to credit. Flight was cancelled June 1 and I’m told I’m “in the queue”.

Originally Posted by Indre Jann
Hello, can someone please help me?
My flight 15 April flight to Tokyo was canceled on 8 April. Now, it's almost 18000 NOK, and it's been nearly half a year. I have been calling them almost every month, and they've been promising me that money will be soon, that I'm in the queue for a refund, etc. etc. But, I see that you guys have received some emails about them confirming your requests for a refund. Now, I haven't filled out any request, when I try to, they just lead me to a page saying no flight found. In fact, I have only the cancellation email. Not reassuring. How did you guys send requests for a refund? How on earth did you receive emails from them, when there is no email address provided to contact them with? and the last question, is claiming compensation will delete my claim for a refund? Thank you!
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:20 am

refund

Flight 6th of april cancelled, applied immediately for a refund and we are still waiting for the 615 euro. I spoke several times with the call center and wrote emails as well. Still the same reply: I am in the queue. Now customer service says the case is 'too old' and they cannot access it anymore. They can only send an email to the refund department for me. (Of course they can't connect me directly with the department) Is that supposed to fill me with confidence I am in the queue? I have the feeling my case is stuck in limbo.
Is there some kind of passenger ombuds where all complaints can be gathered in one case to press SAS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.