Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS closes CPH-HKG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DABUE
Do you think they might agree to rebook HKG-SIN-CPH-OSL?
SK has a joint venture with SQ.
With beeing rebooked via PEK, I will arrive at OSL 13 hours later as planned.
For convenience purposes I would suggest trying for HKG-BKK-OSL on TG to cut out one transit and make it less of a detour. Depends on which routes are operating at the time of course.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SK has a joint venture with SQ.
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
For convenience purposes I would suggest trying for HKG-BKK-OSL on TG to cut out one transit and make it less of a detour. Depends on which routes are operating at the time of course.
SAS cannot just rebook you onto a random *A partner, they will not accept such rebookings. The rebookings needs to be done with the reprotection partners. The only option I see there is if SAS has a codeshare flight with TG/SQ on the segments from HKG and SIN/BKK to OSL.

The rebooking on *A (without endorsement by the receiving carrier) and IATA partners (adavnce endorsement required) only works for short notice irregs, not for schedule changes...!
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
SAS cannot just rebook you onto a random *A partner, they will not accept such rebookings. The rebookings needs to be done with the reprotection partners. The only option I see there is if SAS has a codeshare flight with TG/SQ on the segments from HKG and SIN/BKK to OSL.

The rebooking on *A (without endorsement by the receiving carrier) and IATA partners (adavnce endorsement required) only works for short notice irregs, not for schedule changes...!
SIN-CPH is a codeshare flight with SK
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:40 am

unfortunately HKG-SIN is not, I don't think - SK's website does not sell HKG-SIN-CPH on SQ.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
But I doubt very much HKG SIN is.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
But I doubt very much HKG SIN is.
Unfortunately, you`re right
Old Apr 24, 2020, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Forget it, zero chance.

Unless you accept to be rebooked via PVG/PEK there will be no other alternative than to cancel/refund (and G knows when you will receive a refund these days).
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
I checked my booking today on the sas site and it has been cancelled, with the option to take a voucher or request refund. I got no email notifying me of any of this

I requested a refund, taking screenshots along the way. I will report back once it hits my CC. I did get an email confirming my refund request, where it states that it might take a while
Old May 2, 2020, 10:31 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
I requested a refund, taking screenshots along the way. I will report back once it hits my CC. I did get an email confirming my refund request, where it states that it might take a while
I have already received this onto my CC. It hit on the 30th April, within ~48 hours after requesting the refund. I’m impressed
hkgg likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
On a completely subjective note I find the closure of HKG really sad. It’s a place I really enjoy and hope to visit again. I also enjoyed Japan and it’s also on my list as a place to come back to. I did not enjoy China (too polluted), and even though I have enjoyed my visits to the US the current mood of the populace and the CBP situation puts me off going there again for the foreseeable future. Hence SK will be a an even less relevant carrier for my longhaul travels.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: Confirmed
Sad news. Transferring at CPH and ARN from Asia are so efficient and there are so many choices for Intra Europe connection options.

FRA is too big to navigate. ZRH is a bit boring.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by SKRan
Sad news. Transferring at CPH and ARN from Asia are so efficient and there are so many choices for Intra Europe connection options.

FRA is too big to navigate. ZRH is a bit boring.
Nevermind. I answered thinking ZRH was MUC. Mondays...
Old May 4, 2020, 12:59 pm

Do agree to CPH being well connected, ARN not so much. Pretty sad connections for a capital airport.

FRA is too big to navigate.
once you have figured out FRA, it is not that hard and actually over the years I kind of became a FRA-fan. The layout is actually quite functional and just the amount of connections in and out of FRA makes it THE hub in Europe. And for sure much more enjoyable than CDG or LHR to that regards.

ZRH is a bit boring.
Not sure what constitutes boring for you but if we count:

- short distances between the gates, even if you have to use the Heidi-train
- very clean and well maintained
- seldom overcrowded
- friendly and courteous board police and security staff
- nice lounges and even the restaurant in the public areas are quite enjoyable
- higher end shopping, if you have the money for it. At least, visually more appealing as all the cheap travel gadget shops in some other airports. The Lindt & Sprüngli shops are kind of unique.
- good hotel directly connected to the terminals, decent priced 2 tier hotels with reliable free shuttle transfer around in short distance (10-15mins)
- easy drop-off and pick-up by car in front of the terminals
- parking garage including rental car stations in the airport and not offsite with a long shuttle or train to go there.
- train station with direct connections to all major and minor cities in CH in the airport

then yes... a boring airport

Next to MUC, ZRH is my favorite airport in continental Europe to connect.
Dover2Golf and JR67 like this.
Old May 5, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by fassy
Do agree to CPH being well connected, ARN not so much. Pretty sad connections for a capital airport.

once you have figured out FRA, it is not that hard and actually over the years I kind of became a FRA-fan. The layout is actually quite functional and just the amount of connections in and out of FRA makes it THE hub in Europe. And for sure much more enjoyable than CDG or LHR to that regards.

Not sure what constitutes boring for you but if we count:

- short distances between the gates, even if you have to use the Heidi-train
-- I love the mooooo sound effect. XD

- very clean and well maintained
-- agree. but so is ARN.

- seldom overcrowded
-- agree. CPH can be a bit crowded but in a good way.

- friendly and courteous board police and security staff
-- really? I find Germanic European security staff not so friendly. AMS and CPH border security people are lovely.

- nice lounges and even the restaurant in the public areas are quite enjoyable
-- Sprueingli is good. But Joe & Juice is so much fun.

- higher end shopping, if you have the money for it. At least, visually more appealing as all the cheap travel gadget shops in some other airports. The Lindt & Sprüngli shops are kind of unique.
-- Wood Wood is a good shop in CPH. and so much more variety for every budget. I don't have the money to buy a watch every time I travel.

- good hotel directly connected to the terminals, decent priced 2 tier hotels with reliable free shuttle transfer around in short distance (10-15mins)
- easy drop-off and pick-up by car in front of the terminals
- parking garage including rental car stations in the airport and not offsite with a long shuttle or train to go there.
- train station with direct connections to all major and minor cities in CH in the airport

then yes... a boring airport

Next to MUC, ZRH is my favorite airport in continental Europe to connect.
-- I'd say CPH, MUC, ZRH, ARN
Old May 5, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: *G
ZRH has also had some of the worst security staff I've encountered. One decided to take an open backpack, turn it upside down and shake it so everything fell out, for no reason...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.