Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Changing SAS award return to one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG (SK*G), HH Diamond

Anyone have experience with changing a return award ticket to one-way?
Current situation is that I have a return ticket booked CPH-LAX / ORD-CPH and considering booking a (backup award ticket) one-way CPH-ORD. Current plan is that I will go to LAX first and then onwards to family in Chicago but in case corona-situation develops, I might not be able to do the LAX trip.

Hence, anyone have experiencing in changing a return award ticket to one-way, in this case, get rid of the LAX leg? Of course I could change the CPH-LAX leg directly to CPH-ORD, but I am still undecided (and probably will be due to uncertain situation in next 2 months), so good to understand options and have a backup.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:53 am

Yes, should be possible to drop the CPH-LAX segment. Have done so before without issues. Of curse they reprise the points to a one-way award and not refund full 50%.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, should be possible to drop the CPH-LAX segment. Have done so before without issues. Of curse they reprise the points to a one-way award and not refund full 50%.
Great, thanks! And yes, 72k vs 60k for the trip, but worth the flexibility. I guess it's not possible to combine the two separate bookings into a return?
Old Apr 16, 2020, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by SecretGuy
I guess it's not possible to combine the two separate bookings into a return?
Not that easy, it would be a rebooking and needs additional award space on the end you want to attach.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
Not that easy, it would be a rebooking and needs additional award space on the end you want to attach.
Thought so, but might still be a viable option depending on whether award space is open at that point.. thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2020, 6:17 am

If award space is available, rebooking won't be an issue. So, yes... keep an eye out for that. Not sure what class of travel you have booked but assuming J, you can also mix in Go or Plus with reduced pricing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.