Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Sas put majority of operations on hold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sas put majority of operations on hold

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2020, 3:56 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by grischtu
That is my undersstanding too and so far I was able, even though SK tries to avoid it, to reebook within *A with SK when they cancelled flights. This time, the lady said no way. Maybe she was just an unwilling agent and I should have tried another one...
This is really weird. Rebooking on their own codeshare should be no issue at all and isn't the same as rebooking onto a different *A flight.
Maybe their CS is zeroed out?

Try calling again.

on the 28th only LX1255 operates:
LX1255:
J7C7D7Z3 Y9B9M9U9H9Q9V9
SK3511 (the same flight but with the SK CS number):
C4D4 E4M4H4

Really shouldn't have been an issue.

on the 29th we have LX1249 with a very similar availability, slightly less actually. Weird.
LX125X
J7C7D7 Y9B9M9U9H9Q9V5
SK3509:
C4D4 E4M4H4

Last edited by Nick Art; Jun 10, 2020 at 4:04 am
Old Jun 10, 2020, 4:06 am

I think a lot of the agents are just confused and overloaded. They got the clear message from above "do not - under no circumstances - book on another carrier" while the memo didn't spell out a different handling for codeshares.

Best option is to ask for the codeshare flight using the SK flight number. If you call and say "book me on the LX flight" the agent (and the computer) will say "No" without looking at it.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: EB Silver, Bonvoy Gold
Thanks will remember the valuable hint with mentioning the SK codeshare number next time. This time it is probably too late or do you think I can retry to get booked on the LX flight on June 28?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by grischtu
That is my undersstanding too and so far I was able, even though SK tries to avoid it, to reebook within *A with SK when they cancelled flights. This time, the lady said no way. Maybe she was just an unwilling agent and I should have tried another one...
They can only rebook onto *A without endorsement if there is cancellation >24 h before departure. Longer term schedule changes don't have such leeway, the receiving airline will not accept your ticket for transportation and SAS has to call the new airline and ask for permission via an endorsement.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:38 am

Thanks oliver2002. I fear that with my new flight the same will happen again (I cannot see it in the schedule any more). So basically I have no possibility with sas to be rebooked on another flight other than sas when they cancel >24h, even though EU regulations say that I have the option/right to be rebooked?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The airline has to offer you an alternative. They cannot say that there is no other SAS flight if the flight is cancelled less than 14 days in advance. If the other airline operating doesn't accept your existing ticket, SAS has to buy you an alternative from their pocket. People do the same thing to Ryanair and Norwegian. If they refuse, you buy your own and send them the bill.
grischtu likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 8:30 am

Just an update from my little sas story: My already rebooked flight for June 29 (from June 27) got cancelled today too/again. And to add, yesterday I asked on their fb page whether SK605 will operate on June 29 and they confirmed that it will…

As I already assumed that this will happen I booked in the meantime a flight with LX, their schedule seems much more stable to me. Not the best performance from sas and I think I will face long waiting times for my refund. :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.