Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by Superrman
Are we seriously arguing that one can not be an airline elite without living in a home country of the airline? Guess I am not actually an AY Gold member then, and just bragging about it online for some reason.
No we are arguing whether the post FFlash posted is genuine or just another poster bad mouthing an airline he doesn't like. His claim of being SK gold is part of the argument. But that should be easy to see if you had read all the posts in this subtread.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
Sometimes I wonder what your problem is....
Well. I do the same about you sometimes.

Nop. The EB team cannot access all booking at other airlines. E.g. LH group will give SK no access to PNRs in their system if SK does not operate any leg of the itinerary (*). Adding the EB Number changes nothing. Just a few weeks back SK wasn't even able to get information from UA on some UA segments on a ticket booked by SK themselves for me.

(*) btw the reason, LH itineraries won't show up anymore in checkmytrip or the EuroBonus app as well...
Well I wonder how I manage to get my LH trips in the SK APP then, incl. trips with only LH legs. All I do is adding the EB number during booking. I also wonder how SK manage to credit me the EB points when they don't show up automatically and the online retro claim doesn't work.
Of course from time to time a system can be down, which prevent them from the access, but in general they still have the access, although sometime the online access doesn't work.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by highupinthesky

Well I wonder how I manage to get my LH trips in the SK APP then, incl. trips with only LH legs. All I do is adding the EB number during booking. I also wonder how SK manage to credit me the EB points when they don't show up automatically and the online retro claim doesn't work.
Of course from time to time a system can be down, which prevent them from the access, but in general they still have the access, although sometime the online access doesn't work.
I do wonder too, since my LH flights never show up on the SK APP. Though admittedly I only have very few cases per year to test with.

The points and points claim goes through a Star Alliance database rather than being the FFP accessing the PNR data directly. Operating carrier reports to the database, FFP gets the data.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I do wonder too, since my LH flights never show up on the SK APP. Though admittedly I only have very few cases per year to test with.
I can't use the SK APP for the check-in etc. but I do get the LH flight in the list of my future flights. The last LH flight were my flights to Prague for new year. Here I had 2 LH flights and 2 Brussel Air flights on the same ticket.

The points and points claim goes through a Star Alliance database rather than being the FFP accessing the PNR data directly. Operating carrier reports to the database, FFP gets the data.
And in this case we are discussing whether SK have access to the PNR's so the can credit the *A flights to EB in case someone has a canceled *A flight which would bring him above the threshold for retaining same or gaining next status level.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I can't use the SK APP for the check-in etc. but I do get the LH flight in the list of my future flights. The last LH flight were my flights to Prague for new year. Here I had 2 LH flights and 2 Brussel Air flights on the same ticket.

And in this case we are discussing whether SK have access to the PNR's so the can credit the *A flights to EB in case someone has a canceled *A flight which would bring him above the threshold for retaining same or gaining next status level.

I guess the nuance of the question bolded in the second post was lost was lost on me.

It goes through Star Alliance systems, or in worst case EB have to reach out to the operating carrier to get confirmation if the *A systems have no record of the passenger flying. I have been in that situation, and it can take a while for that to happen. (which is why I like paper boarding passes, they are good evidence in the few cases where it is needed)

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Mar 25, 2020 at 4:43 pm
Old Mar 25, 2020, 5:42 pm

Probably SN makes the flights available. If you have an exclusive LH itinerary on LH ticket stock, YouTube cannot see the flights in the SAS app or CheckMyTrip.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:25 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This case-by-case policy works well, I think, for folks loosing status now. But if your extension period is May/June/July, you probably have not booked the flights yet, and thus cannot have them cancelled. I am now starting to have doubts whether the international travel will take off fast enough to let this people to re-qualify. I expect that the opening of borders will happen relatively later than the opening of schools, shops, and cafes, because not all countries will declare themselves clean at the same time. From the airline's perspective, it would be more cost-neutral to just shift the re-qualification periods by the amount of weeks that they have not been operating, instead of giving 12 months of extension. This would incidentally also account for the problem of those with later re-qualification dates.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Superrman
Are we seriously arguing that one can not be an airline elite without living in a home country of the airline? Guess I am not actually an AY Gold member then, and just bragging about it online for some reason.
Correct. Aegean doesn't have any elite members that live outside of Greece. That's a well-known fact here on Flyertalk.

Probably SN makes the flights available. If you have an exclusive LH itinerary on LH ticket stock, YouTube cannot see the flights in the SAS app or CheckMyTrip.
I've seen several SAS and Lufthansa flights on Youtube ...
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
​​​​​​
They must be the single exception that confirms the rule
Or the example that should be followed. While I have no hopes of seeing any innovation from SAS, especially not before every other airline in Europe does it, I do not understand why such simple yet greatly appreciated concepts do not exist here. Do European airlines outside of Corona value their quarterly or yearly revenue really over consistent multi-year or decade long loyalty.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Ooooppsss, what did I do here to create this posting avalanche

no worrieswhighupinthesky , can I share you an afternoon tea to clear things if I offended you? I can show at the same time all my cards
Well yes I dont care to update all profile info so it is a bit dated...I used to be Diamond but in fact I am based nowadays in TKU and I do still possess SK Gold and fly them, albeit flying a bunch with other star.
So we can close the personal discussion about me and no hard feelings from my side thanks fassy for support anyway
Old Mar 27, 2020, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Ooooppsss, what did I do here to create this posting avalanche

no worrieswhighupinthesky , can I share you an afternoon tea to clear things if I offended you? I can show at the same time all my cards
Well yes I dont care to update all profile info so it is a bit dated...I used to be Diamond but in fact I am based nowadays in TKU and I do still possess SK Gold and fly them, albeit flying a bunch with other star.
So we can close the personal discussion about me and no hard feelings from my side thanks fassy for support anyway
Well. What p..... me of was the whole tone in you post and the below qoute.
I dont have proof left of cancelled flights. Too many of them.
It clearly showed you didn't care about the gold status at all, and if you don't care about it, why should SK?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:48 am

What was wrong about the post?

Good for you.
I will lose my Gold end of March and would really like SAS did the same as all others, Hilton the latest news, to extend status.
I dont have proof left of cancelled flights. Too many of them.

Huge loss they take on goodwill compared to others if they stay put.
That p**** you off? Really? The only one here who acted inappropriately offensive to a totally innocent post was you. You just assumed he couldn't be Gold since he is living in Finland, you assumed he is made it all up because he didn't had the status recorded in his profile and now you assume he didn't had any reason to complain because it might be hard for him to prove SK he did a couple of flights booked? MAYBE, that was done through a corporate TA and after they cancelled all the flights, there is no evidence left? I usually do not bother downloading all the receipts from my TA if someone else picks up the bill.

If you do not have anything to say to help people, you might just say anything at all, no?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Well. What p..... me of was the whole tone in you post and the below qoute.

It clearly showed you didn't care about the gold status at all, and if you don't care about it, why should SK?
Oh I did not want it sound like that, but my words means my responsibility. To straigthen things out, I can always offer you afternoon tea and a cake too to show that I care about FT spirit!
SK2751 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 12:33 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Oh I did not want it sound like that, but my words means my responsibility. To straigthen things out, I can always offer you afternoon tea and a cake too to show that I care about FT spirit!
Sign me up for that cake. In these times we all could use some cake.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Sign me up for that cake. In these times we all could use some cake.
Cake over Zoom?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.