Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by JR67
But... You can have a video meeting without pants. Try that in a face-to-face... (Of course I don't know your business - might work for you... ;-) )
It's just so annoying when the camera tips over.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I guess your clients could still learn to adapt as well. Is there anywhere significant left where it is still allowed from an entry regulation perspective and possible from a flight perspective to travel to at the moment? Once that becomes possible again, far more clients may have realised that things can actually work by doing everything over skype.​​​​​
A lot of meetings do work over skype, and we have been doing them over skype for years. It's been years since I did a one day trip the last time. Flights less than 6 hours is always minimum with 1 hotel night and normally 2 or 3 and last possible flight back. For flights over 6 hours it's normally minimum 3 hotel nights, but often 5-10.

Workshops we haven't been able to do online. The same goes for negotiations, presentation of proposals etc. With some of our clients we have been doing monthly status meetings online, but most clients asked during the survey to have minimum 1 of those meetings with us physically at their location once every quarter. So it's not like we didn't try already.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
A lot of meetings do work over skype, and we have been doing them over skype for years. It's been years since I did a one day trip the last time. Flights less than 6 hours is always minimum with 1 hotel night and normally 2 or 3 and last possible flight back. For flights over 6 hours it's normally minimum 3 hotel nights, but often 5-10.

Workshops we haven't been able to do online. The same goes for negotiations, presentation of proposals etc. With some of our clients we have been doing monthly status meetings online, but most clients asked during the survey to have minimum 1 of those meetings with us physically at their location once every quarter. So it's not like we didn't try already.
I do recognise that there are a lot of things that don't work as well remotely as it does face to face. But I have not always been convinced that the balance between the two have been correctly set, and the current situation might help fine tune that balance. Sometimes I think clients are too demanding in what they want done face to face. But hey, they are paying for it so they get to decide....
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I do recognise that there are a lot of things that don't work as well remotely as it does face to face. But I have not always been convinced that the balance between the two have been correctly set, and the current situation might help fine tune that balance. Sometimes I think clients are too demanding in what they want done face to face. But hey, they are paying for it so they get to decide....
I agree that there are a lot of companies who could do more online meetings, but the company I work for has really pushed online meetings so hard that we IMHO, and apparently also in the clients opinion, have gone to far. Generally my rule of thumps is that I need to, as minimum, have the same hours of meeting as travel time when I go on a business trip. If it's less, there has to be other reasons justifying the trip.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:47 am

According to inside flyer, SK has come out with some waivers for people who have canceled flights in March and April. For once they don't slam SK, but as usual it's hard to follow their rambling.

As far as I understand. You might be able to get both EB points and legs credited for flights which were canceled in March and April, if bookings were made before March 1 and the flights are critical to maintaining your status or reach next status level. Critical means your qualification period ends no later than April 30 and you wont maintain current status or reach next status level without the flights. This applies to all flights with a *A partner, which you planned to credit to EB.
Flights you canceled yourselves due to government travel advice or restrictions should also qualify.
Contrailer198 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 5:06 pm

Hi All,

I can confirm the following:
I am a Eurobonus Gold Member with SAS. My qualification period ends 31st March 2020. I contacted SAS via their Gold Member email and explained my cancelled flights in March would mean i would not qualify for my Gold membership due to my cancelled flights. They responded by asking me to reply email with the cancelled tickets (booking references) to see IF they had operated the flights that i would had qualified for Gold Membership. Today i received an email stating they had extended my Gold membership by 12 months because my cancelled flights would have put me over the 45,000 miles required. If your qualification period ends in either March or April and your booked cancelled flights would have allowed you to meet the qualification criteria they are willing to extend you by 12-months - but you need to send them proof.
Hope this gives any input.
highupinthesky and SkOrdBgo like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:42 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Contrailer198
Hi All,

I am a Eurobonus Gold Member with SAS. My qualification period ends 31st March 2020. I contacted SAS via their Gold Member email and explained my cancelled flights in March would mean i would not qualify for my Gold membership due to my cancelled flights. They responded by asking me to reply email with the cancelled tickets (booking references) to see IF they had operated the flights that i would had qualified for Gold Membership. Today i received an email stating they had extended my Gold membership by 12 months because my cancelled flights would have put me over the 45,000 miles required. If your qualification period ends in either March or April and your booked cancelled flights would have allowed you to meet the qualification criteria they are willing to extend you by 12-months - but you need to send them proof.
This seems like a very sensible approach to it, in my opinion. And encouraging to see that they actually evaluate on a case by case basis, rather than dishing out cards left, right and centre
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:20 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Hi All,

Thanks for the insight on this - I also updated https://bit.ly/loyalty-response-covid19 accordingly
Seems like airlines are stepping up extensions
Contrailer198 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Hi All,

Good for you.
I will lose my Gold end of March and would really like SAS did the same as all others, Hilton the latest news, to extend status.
I dont have proof left of cancelled flights. Too many of them.

Huge loss they take on goodwill compared to others if they stay put.
Superrman likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
Good for you.
I will lose my Gold end of March and would really like SAS did the same as all others, Hilton the latest news, to extend status.
I dont have proof left of cancelled flights. Too many of them.

Huge loss they take on goodwill compared to others if they stay put.
A quick look at your profile shows "Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven ", so I wonder how you can lose gold at the end of March, and with a location of HEL, I strongly doubt you are doing many flights on SK.
Please don't be an a.. and slam an airline for something which never happened

Beside that. As I wrote in an earlier post. You don't need to have proof of the cancellation. You only need to have proof of the booking in the first place. A receipt, booking code or similar is enough. And all *A airlines counts.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:24 pm

A quick look at your profile shows "Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven ", so I wonder how you can lose gold at the end of March,
Not all of us keep status of all their programs in the profile

and with a location of HEL, I strongly doubt you are doing many flights on SK.
Please don't be an a.. and slam an airline for something which never happened
FFlash has been a SK Forum regular for a long time. And a lot of HEL based colleagues are SK Elites. So why do you doubt he is making up a story about being SK*G?

Beside that. As I wrote in an earlier post. You don't need to have proof of the cancellation. You only need to have proof of the booking in the first place. A receipt, booking code or similar is enough. And all *A airlines counts.
Well, that is true. Just send them the PNRs of the flights which would have pushed you over to Gold. Preferable on SK, as SK cannot under all circumstances see bookings in other systems.
SK2751 and East_and_West like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
Not all of us keep status of all their programs in the profile
FFlash has been a SK Forum regular for a long time. And a lot of HEL based colleagues are SK Elites. So why do you doubt he is making up a story about being SK*G?
Well he can easily have been a regular poster in this forum for years without having done a single flight on SK metal. On top of that, I still doubt there are many SK Elites in FI compared to DK, NO and SE. Together with the tone of the post I'll still put my money on him doing a fake post.

Originally Posted by fassy
as SK cannot under all circumstances see bookings in other systems.
If you at some point in time have added your EB number to your booking, it would have been transferred to the SK systems. Otherwise you will not be able to see it in the SK app. Despite that. The EB team have access to all bookings at other airlines. Some is manual offline access, but most are online.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:02 pm

Well he can easily have been a regular poster in this forum for years without having done a single flight on SK metal. On top of that, I still doubt there are many SK Elites in FI compared to DK, NO and SE. Together with the tone of the post I'll still put my money on him doing a fake post.
Sometimes I wonder what your problem is....

If you at some point in time have added your EB number to your booking, it would have been transferred to the SK systems. Otherwise you will not be able to see it in the SK app. Despite that. The EB team have access to all bookings at other airlines. Some is manual offline access, but most are online.
Nop. The EB team cannot access all booking at other airlines. E.g. LH group will give SK no access to PNRs in their system if SK does not operate any leg of the itinerary (*). Adding the EB Number changes nothing. Just a few weeks back SK wasn't even able to get information from UA on some UA segments on a ticket booked by SK themselves for me.

(*) btw the reason, LH itineraries won't show up anymore in checkmytrip or the EuroBonus app as well...

Last edited by fassy; Mar 25, 2020 at 3:08 pm
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:06 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Well he can easily have been a regular poster in this forum for years without having done a single flight on SK metal. On top of that, I still doubt there are many SK Elites in FI compared to DK, NO and SE. Together with the tone of the post I'll still put my money on him doing a fake post...
Are we seriously arguing that one can not be an airline elite without living in a home country of the airline? Guess I am not actually an AY Gold member then, and just bragging about it online for some reason.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Hi All,
I am a Eurobonus Gold Member with SAS. My qualification period ends 31st March 2020. I contacted SAS via their Gold Member email...
Thanks! What is their Gold Member email address? I have an EBG and have never heard of this before...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.