Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by ung1
The card could probably be useful to have, [...] Earn SK points on my mastercard at the same rate as the AMEX, and Amex is often not accepted.
Not sure about Norway, as I don't travel do NO much but at least for my regular use here in Sweden and most places I go (US, PL, CH, DE, AT, UK) the AMEX acceptance has increased dramatically over the last few years. I almost exclusively pay by AMEX. I have the Master Card as a fall back but looking at the payment history, rarely have more than 3 to 5 charges a month on the card. Usually the taxis in PL or AT and the odd shop here in Sweden like Byggmax.

Even in the past having 1x 2-4-1 it has usually expired without being used
Well, that is too bad. So far I was able to use MOST of them, but had also expire one of them at the time when the expiration dates were a bit more messy. In the worst case, I use them for a quick trip home to Germany. Not a great use of points and the voucher but at least it won't go to waste.

So would rather wait and see if/when travel gets back to pre-corona levels before signing up for one - so now I have submitted the form for canceling it
Well, should you decide to get it again at some point, I wouldn't mind getting the referral points...

btw, using a referrer both (new customer and referring customer) will get the extra points.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: Eurobonus gold, Finnair silver
Darn - I just missed the qualifying window (I requalified for Gold end of March). I actually had a load of travel that was meant to be happening now that would have allowed me to requalify for gold 2021-2022. Wouldn't it have been easier just to give everyone an extra year?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
Originally Posted by barbro66
Darn - I just missed the qualifying window (I requalified for Gold end of March). I actually had a load of travel that was meant to be happening now that would have allowed me to requalify for gold 2021-2022. Wouldn't it have been easier just to give everyone an extra year?
If it was booked I think you can get the points credited my mailing the Gold address.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:36 am

Thanks - I tried and they said wait until the end of your membership year (2021) and they will consider it then.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 12:03 pm

Thanks - I tried and they said wait until the end of your membership year (2021) and they will consider it then.
I was told to do it before 15 May. Requires a booking that they or another * airline has cancelled.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
Originally Posted by SASegments
I was told to do it before 15 May. Requires a booking that they or another * airline has cancelled.
That's what the FAQs say (at least for now)
Old Apr 24, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
They did give everyone an extra year, when they say your status expiring Mar 20 to Feb 21 will be extended. AFAIK EB status only expires at the end of each month. If your expiry was end Feb and you did not qualify, well that was not because of corona. But if it was 31 Mar, then your gold status is extended by a year.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
Not sure about Norway, as I don't travel do NO much but at least for my regular use here in Sweden and most places I go (US, PL, CH, DE, AT, UK) the AMEX acceptance has increased dramatically over the last few years. I almost exclusively pay by AMEX. I have the Master Card as a fall back but looking at the payment history, rarely have more than 3 to 5 charges a month on the card. Usually the taxis in PL or AT and the odd shop here in Sweden like Byggmax.

Well, that is too bad. So far I was able to use MOST of them, but had also expire one of them at the time when the expiration dates were a bit more messy. In the worst case, I use them for a quick trip home to Germany. Not a great use of points and the voucher but at least it won't go to waste.

Well, should you decide to get it again at some point, I wouldn't mind getting the referral points...

btw, using a referrer both (new customer and referring customer) will get the extra points.
Cool, hopefully using the angrerett now does not disqualify me from earning points/referral bonus in the future. And then I wonder whether the non-SK branded card where you can earn MR points is better... for the moment even my MC has just a few transactions, from the supermarket.

And yeah, could have used the Amex 2-4-1 on a domestic trip but then always thought would wait to plan something that is better use of the points, which never materializes because availability is challenging to come by. Ended up using it last year on a one way SQ redemption from China to Australia.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:55 am

Has anyone actually had their LTG extended? Mine still appears as not qualified for the current year.

Also, I cannot find my expiry date anywhere on the SAS site (contrary to what the FAQ claims).
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:02 am

Has anyone actually had their LTG extended? Mine still appears as not qualified for the current year.

Also, I cannot find my expiry date anywhere on the SAS site (contrary to what the FAQ claims).
I've also been looking for expiry date and I cannot find it. Just infos regarding my qualification period.

About LTG, will they only extend status once you reach the end of your qualifying period? Or maybe they're just struggling to update everyone's status immediatly?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by miles_collector
I've also been looking for expiry date and I cannot find it. Just infos regarding my qualification period.

About LTG, will they only extend status once you reach the end of your qualifying period? Or maybe they're just struggling to update everyone's status immediatly?
I have been informed by Gold service that they no longer credit flights (points and segments) because of the extension. I understand that the need to do that is different but for those that have already started their qualification year or those that would like to reach EBD in their current year it makes quite a difference.

I was also told that the extension (and LTG update) will take place (automatically) on the first day of the new qualification period meaning that it is not possible to see on the site now.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:23 am

Thanks for the explanation
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I have been informed by Gold service that they no longer credit flights (points and segments) because of the extension. I understand that the need to do that is different but for those that have already started their qualification year or those that would like to reach EBD in their current year it makes quite a difference.

I was also told that the extension (and LTG update) will take place (automatically) on the first day of the new qualification period meaning that it is not possible to see on the site now.

so people just have to trust SAS 😂😂

well lets hope all the issues are handled well 👍
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:16 am

They did give everyone an extra year, when they say your status expiring Mar 20 to Feb 21 will be extended. AFAIK EB status only expires at the end of each month. If your expiry was end Feb and you did not qualify, well that was not because of corona. But if it was 31 Mar, then your gold status is extended by a year.
Yes I am gold for this year - I qualified again March 31. So that means I now have gold until March 2022?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Yes I am gold for this year - I qualified again March 31. So that means I now have gold until March 2022?
Not yet. If your qualification year ends March 31st 2021, you are not included. Only qualifying periods up until February 28th 2021 was extended. With further extentions to be evaluated later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.