Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Old Apr 20, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Great news! Looking forward to receiving similar news for my cancelled LH trips.
How long did it take for the rep to come back to you and how long did it take from first contact to the points being credited?
I'd just like a reference to know what I have to expect.

Cheers!
I sent them an e-mail (to the Gold address) on Wednesday and received the answer and the points (credited to all five accounts in the booking) today, Monday. So pretty quick I'd say. The was no other contact and no questions asked. Just asked for the points and mentioned the EB numbers. I attached pdfs of the booking and the cancellation confirmation.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:00 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
Originally Posted by SASegments
I sent them an e-mail (to the Gold address) on Wednesday and received the answer and the points (credited to all five accounts in the booking) today, Monday. So pretty quick I'd say. The was no other contact and no questions asked. Just asked for the points and mentioned the EB numbers. I attached pdfs of the booking and the cancellation confirmation.
My experience is very similar. I sent an e-mail to SAS customer service with my booking confirmation (a roundtrip booked with TG, no segment with SAS, that I had planned to late march/beginning of april) and asked to credit the corresponding points. They sent me an e-mail to confirm my EB number and credited the points the following day. Overall, very easy proces, it took 5 days (weekend in between) and I've reached EBG. Points just count towards status and cannot be used otherwise.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:02 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Similar experience here: Wrote an email on thursday and received the answer along with the points this morning.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:16 am

Well its official, here is the 12 month status extension info:

This benefit will be applied automatically to active Silver, Gold and Diamond EuroBonus accounts with qualification period expiry date 31 March 2020 until 28 February 2021 where member has achieved his/her current member status on own merits, either by earning qualifying points or qualifying flights.

https://www.sas.no/traffic-informati...ona-eurobonus/
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by view
Well its official, here is the 12 month status extension info:

This benefit will be applied automatically to active Silver, Gold and Diamond EuroBonus accounts with qualification period expiry date 31 March 2020 until 28 February 2021 where member has achieved his/her current member status on own merits, either by earning qualifying points or qualifying flights.

https://www.sas.no/traffic-informati...ona-eurobonus/
Well, finally. Was about time. Will be interesting how they account this for Life Time Gold. Did I just qualify? Had just the 10th qualification missing
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
Originally Posted by fassy
Well, finally. Was about time. Will be interesting how they account this for Life Time Gold. Did I just qualify? Had just the 10th qualification missing
Accordingly to the FAQs, it will count so congrats
SK2751 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by miles_collector
Accordingly to the FAQs, it will count so congrats
Oh, right. Yay!

Didn't see there was a section for that, here it goes:

How will my Lifetime Gold status be affected if I am renewed by the membership level extension benefit?

If your current membership level is Gold or above and you are eligible for the membership level extension benefit, then your extended membership level year will raise your counter for consecutive Life time gold year according to EuroBonus program rules for Life time gold.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:13 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Oh, right. Yay!

Didn't see there was a section for that, here it goes:
Congrats!

Has any of your accounts already been updated with the new expiration dates?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
SAS just extended all statuses (stati?) by 12 months. Check their Facebok page!

OK - I see that this was already posted, but the info is clear on their FB page.
SK2751 likes this.

Last edited by JR67; Apr 22, 2020 at 11:36 am
Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Has any of your accounts already been updated with the new expiration dates?
Never found a way to show status expiration dates after they launched the new website. It used to be on the digital membership card, but also disappeared. The Life Time Gold website is not updated yet:

Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:57 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
too bad this was not done earlier 😁 so softlanded gold wont be extended as I read it. but glad to see SAS finally folding to the pressure!
Old Apr 22, 2020, 1:06 pm

The Life Time Gold website is not updated yet:
That photo looks like it has been updated? It says that 2019-2020 is qualified. Or did you already qualify?

My LTG page still says that the current year is not qualified.

Also, I don't seem to be able to find where I can see extension on the normal Eurobonus page?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 1:25 pm

That photo looks like it has been updated? It says that 2019-2020 is qualified. Or did you already qualify?
My current year runs Oct 2019 - Sept 2020 and already qualified by miles. So, the 10th would be 2020-2021
Old Apr 22, 2020, 1:33 pm

My current year runs Oct 2019 - Sept 2020 and already qualified by miles. So, the 10th would be 2020-2021
If I read it correctly then you still need to qualify next year. I understand this to be a help to those members that are unable to qualify in their current year as they can't travel. They are considered qualified even if they wouldn't have qualified meaning that this year counts towards LTG and that the following year they'll be EBG. I'd be great if they'd count next year towards LTG but I don't think they will as it would be granting two years of "free" LTG accural. If fligths resume soon then they'll probably think that you have time to qualify.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 3:01 pm

If I read it correctly then you still need to qualify next year. I understand this to be a help to those members that are unable to qualify in their current year as they can't travel. They are considered qualified even if they wouldn't have qualified meaning that this year counts towards LTG and that the following year they'll be EBG. I'd be great if they'd count next year towards LTG but I don't think they will as it would be granting two years of "free" LTG accural. If fligths resume soon then they'll probably think that you have time to qualify.
Not sure if follow your logic. This year wouldnt be a free year of LTG qualification. I did qualify this year. So, if they extend my status by 12 months, they would give me one free LTG year. Not two.

Anyhow,... lets analyze:

Due to the extraordinary circumstances, SAS has decided to offer EuroBonus members a 12-month extension on their current membership level.

This benefit will be applied automatically to active Silver, Gold and Diamond EuroBonus accounts

[x] check, Im EBD

with qualification period expiry date 31 March 2020 until 28 February 2021

[x] check, expiry date September 2020

where member has achieved his/her current member status on own merits, either by earning qualifying points or qualifying flights.

[x] check, got my current EBD by qualifying points in 2018-2019 and collected 65k points in 2019-2020 for EBG in the next period.

That means if you are a Gold member with a qualification period expiry date 30 April 2020 and membership level expiry date 31 July 2020 then your Gold membership level will be extended to 31 July 2021.

[ ] Well, this one reads funny. As I qualified in 2019-2020 only for Gold until now, not for Diamond yet, my current EBD status expires January 2021. So, I thought they should extend my current membership level by 12 months, which would be my EBD Level which should be extended until January 2022.

I would be out of luck, if they say I have to live with EBG for the next year. I cannot fly right now to achieve EBD. So why should that be different from someone who is Silver and cannot get to Gold?

Anyway, assuming 2021 the world will be ok again, I would qualify for at least Gold anyway.

But it would be mean to give people who havent qualified in the current year for any status an extra year, while those who did qualify for Gold but cant get Diamond renewed will get nothing.

Last edited by fassy; Apr 22, 2020 at 3:12 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.