Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Declares Scandinavia is not Scandinavian

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Declares Scandinavia is not Scandinavian

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mainstream media are still having a field day!

SAS spat us in the face

As are trade publications in the marketing and communications field:

here and here

Johan

Last edited by johan rebel; Feb 17, 2020 at 7:56 am
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Unless the ad and discussion about it results in any material loss of business for SAS, the hyperbolic criticisms of the ad strike as hollow in a polarized environment where grabbing attention seems to be the popular order of the day. Maybe the next thing SAS should do is have a swimsuit ad of its FAs. That would probably excite about a lot of this ad’s most voluble critics so far and generate a different base of critics of SAS ads.

SAS has bigger fish to fry than this ad: their Asian-related business is hurting it, even as it would be worse if the hit was during busier times of the year.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 17, 2020 at 10:36 am
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Some things are apparently truly Scandinavian according to SK themselves.... LOL

Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
SAS has put up an online ad which says Scandinavia starts at take-off ..... for those being marketed to outside of Scandinavia.

The JP add is not in Japanese, even as it’s in English? Either way, that makes English Scandinavian?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
SAS has put up an online ad which says Scandinavia starts at take-off ..... for those being marketed to outside of Scandinavia.

The JP add is not in Japanese, even as it’s in English? Either way, that makes English Scandinavian?
They have it written in Japanese as well. I guess the base language of the device I am using may be the deciding factor on when I get the one or the other....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.