Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Removing miles from one program and moving to another

Old Feb 6, 20, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

I recently flew on a SAS flight to the US and mistakenly put my MileagePlus number instead of Eurobonus. I realized this when the miles were credit to my MileagePlus account. Is there a way I can retroactively get the points in my Eurobonus account instead of MileagePlus, including perhaps removing them from MileagePlus to help facilitate this? I'm making a run for Eurobonus Gold before the end of my qualification period, hence the importance of this.
Old Feb 6, 20, 5:54 pm

No, sorry. No way.
Old Feb 6, 20, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Some airlines are willing to reverse the posting when they have made a mistake, which would open up for making a retro claim on another airline. It would be down to the service mindedness of United whether they are willing (and able) to do that for you. The flight would go back to the Star Alliance system as uncredited, and you could do a retro claim to SK.

It is not just a long shot to make it happen, it is most likely an uphill struggle of dimensions.
Old Feb 6, 20, 7:10 pm

Neither MileagePlus, nor EuroBonus even consider this. Once credited, you are out of luck.

Even if they did a mistake. But if the pax had entered the wrong FFP? Again, no way.
Old Feb 6, 20, 7:21 pm

Programs: More than one
I have in the past been able to move the points from one program to another through the retro claim process, but it's +10 years ago, so not sure it still works. Back then all I did was to claim the flight through the retro process and it was automatically removed from the other program. But again it's at least +10 years ago, and A LOT has changes since and not all to the better, so not sure it will work today.
Old Feb 7, 20, 10:37 am

Programs: Free agent
Maybe SK will not help, but AY told me that I must have AA remove the miles and then show proof to AY and they'll credit it.
Old Feb 7, 20, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
Maybe SK will not help, but AY told me that I must have AA remove the miles and then show proof to AY and they'll credit it.
I know AA does it, which is why I suggested tslk to UA. What can it hurt to ask
nacho and SK2751 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: