Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Silver member Gold lounge access on Saturdays ?

Old Feb 1, 20, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus- Silver

Hi

I was on SAS website when i saw

SAS EUROBONUS DIAMOND OR GOLD

As a EuroBonus Diamond or Gold member traveling on SAS, Wideroe or a Star Alliance operated flight you have access to any SAS Lounges on departure.

SAS EUROBONUS SILVER

As a EuroBonus Silver member traveling with SAS you have access to any SAS Lounges on departure during selected days and periods.

My understanding of this is that silver members ( I) would get access to the gold lounge on saturdays ? I remember they used to specify " except gold lounges" for silver members.

Could anyone confirm whether that's the case or not ?

Thanks
Old Feb 1, 20, 5:05 am

Silver only get access to the business lounges, not the Gold lounges. But not to worry, the differences are marginal...

And at some airports there is only one lounge, e.g. GOT, EWR or ORD. Then Silver has access as well.

Last edited by fassy; Feb 1, 20 at 5:10 am
Old Feb 1, 20, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus- Silver
I would not want to be that guy second guessing the answers he gets to his questions, but I also thought like you, and then I saw that on their websites they do not mention that gold lounges aren't included.
They use the same wording twice "any" and "any". And they clearly removed the "except the gold lounge".

Sorry if i insist too much..
Old Feb 1, 20, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Based on the text in Danish, certainly Gold Lounges on Saturdays are included. Though not for the summer period.
  • Du kan slappe af, arbejde og nyde mad og drikke i SAS Lounges i Norden (undtagen SAS Guld Lounge) i løbet af sommerferien (6. juli – 9. august 2020), når du flyver med SAS.
  • Tag en ven eller op til fire nære familiemedlemmer (ægtefælle/partner/forældre og dine egne børn), som også flyver med SAS, med i loungen.
  • Bemærk venligst: EuroBonus-nummeret skal være registreret på rejsen for at få adgang til SAS Fast Track og Lounge i kampagneperioden.
  • KAMPAGNE

Du får også adgangtil vores loungerpå lørdage i Norden i perioden 18. januar – 4. juli 2020, når du flyver med SAS. Ikke gyldig, når du rejser med Widerøe. Kampagnen gælder ikke for SAS Lounges i Chicago, New York og Paris
https://www.sas.dk/eurobonus/medlemsniveauer/
Old Feb 1, 20, 7:54 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
As if the lounges were not crowded enough! Silver is the easiest thing on earth to attain and allowing lounge access is just plain ridiculous. Saturdays or not, lounges are places meant for frequent travellers to be away from the crowds, not to invite everyone who has set foot on a plane twice in..
ung1 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 20, 9:11 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
In general the lounge load on Saturdays is very low. Also it is not a travel intense day for business people. So why not redirect some load and attract silver members to be more loyal with SAS?

The costs for SAS are almost exactly the same ( as the lounge is manned anyway) and it is a nice perk for not so frequent flyers such as silver members.

I remember that I would have appreciated this feature when I was still silver ( meanwhile I am EBD)
Tango Alpha and Superrman like this.
Old Feb 1, 20, 1:49 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by SKT-DK View Post
As if the lounges were not crowded enough! Silver is the easiest thing on earth to attain and allowing lounge access is just plain ridiculous. Saturdays or not, lounges are places meant for frequent travellers to be away from the crowds, not to invite everyone who has set foot on a plane twice in..
As Herwig wrote. The lounge in the Nordics are deserted on Saturdays, so I don't see any issues in inviting silver members to the lounges in the Nordics on Saturdays. For the lounges in US it's a different story, so I'm happy Silver don't have access here on Saturdays.
Old Feb 1, 20, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Based on the text in Danish, certainly Gold Lounges on Saturdays are included. Though not for the summer period.
  • Du kan slappe af, arbejde og nyde mad og drikke i SAS Lounges i Norden (undtagen SAS Guld Lounge) i løbet af sommerferien (6. juli – 9. august 2020), når du flyver med SAS.
  • Tag en ven eller op til fire nære familiemedlemmer (ægtefælle/partner/forældre og dine egne børn), som også flyver med SAS, med i loungen.
  • Bemærk venligst: EuroBonus-nummeret skal være registreret på rejsen for at få adgang til SAS Fast Track og Lounge i kampagneperioden.
  • KAMPAGNE

Du får også adgangtil vores loungerpå lørdage i Norden i perioden 18. januar – 4. juli 2020, når du flyver med SAS. Ikke gyldig, når du rejser med Widerøe. Kampagnen gælder ikke for SAS Lounges i Chicago, New York og Paris
https://www.sas.dk/eurobonus/medlemsniveauer/
Well, my Danish is rusty... but doesn't "undtagen SAS Guld Lounge" means "excpet SAS Gold Lounges"? I guess they missed to paste that into the campaign section but I would think it applies there as well.
Old Feb 1, 20, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fassy View Post
Well, my Danish is rusty... but doesn't "undtagen SAS Guld Lounge" means "excpet SAS Gold Lounges"? I guess they missed to paste that into the campaign section but I would think it applies there as well.
Excluding, indeed.

The published policy for Nordic country SAS Gold lounge access in the summer are different than the rules for Saturday access to Nordic country SAS Gold lounges, but from what I have seen at CPH it felt like at times they may be letting in more SAS elites and their guests into the SAS Gold lounge than the policy suggests.
Old Feb 1, 20, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by fassy View Post
It does but there are two periods, one running from July 6th which is the summer campaign, here there is a limitation for the Gold Lounge, then there is a campaign running from January to July 4th which is the Saturday access. Here the exclusion of the Gold Lounges does not appear.

SK may have forgotten to write that, but as the two periods generally come with different conditions assuming the Gold Lounge exclusion to carry over from one to the next is a quite far stretch.

SK put themselves in a spot here. Though it should be a quick fix if it is juts a mistake

The English text has the same omission.
  • Relax, work and enjoy food and beverages in SAS Lounges in the Nordics (except the SAS Gold Lounge) during the summer holidays (6 July–9 August 2020) when flying on a SAS flight.
  • Bring a friend or up to 4 immediate family members (spouse/partner/parents and your own children) who also fly on a SAS flight into the lounge.
  • Please note: the EuroBonus number must be registered on the trip to access SAS Fast Track and Lounge during campaign periods.
  • CAMPAIGN!

You also have access to our SAS Lounges on Saturdays in the Nordics during the period 18 January–4 July 2020 when flying on a SAS flight. Not valid when you travel with Wideroe. Campaign not valid on SAS Lounges in Chicago, New York and Paris
Superrman likes this.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Feb 1, 20 at 3:54 pm
Old Feb 1, 20, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Excluding, indeed.

The published policy for Nordic country SAS Gold lounge access in the summer are different than the rules for Saturday access to Nordic country SAS Gold lounges, but from what I have seen at CPH it felt like at times they may be letting in more SAS elites and their guests into the SAS Gold lounge than the policy suggests.
Well. As long as we are talking Saturday access, it doesn't really matter. Both the gold and business lounge in the Nordics have plenty of space on Saturdays. They could easily close one of the lounges in CPH, on Saturdays, without the other being crowded. In fact the gold lounge is often the least used on Saturdays.
Old Feb 1, 20, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
Well. As long as we are talking Saturday access, it doesn't really matter. Both the gold and business lounge in the Nordics have plenty of space on Saturdays. They could easily close one of the lounges in CPH, on Saturdays, without the other being crowded. In fact the gold lounge is often the least used on Saturdays.
Yes. But maybe some people don’t want as many kids sticking their fingers into and onto anything in and around the buffet set up as happens under cover of this SAS policy as it’s run in practice. And maybe the same people or others prefer a less busy lounge rather than a more busy lounge being encouraged by SAS.
Old Feb 1, 20, 7:36 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
I have been several times in the SAS lounge in Copenhagen on Saturdays. With the exceptions of the early mornings the lounge is maybe 10% full. If there are too few people around, it actually creates - for me at least - a quite eerie feeling in the vast lounge area. Also the service becomes minimal ( no fresh food). I don't want to speak overcrowding a word either but Saturday access for silver members is not at all triggering that.
highupinthesky and Superrman like this.
Old Feb 2, 20, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Yes. But maybe some people don’t want as many kids sticking their fingers into and onto anything in and around the buffet set up as happens under cover of this SAS policy as it’s run in practice. And maybe the same people or others prefer a less busy lounge rather than a more busy lounge being encouraged by SAS.
My god. If I didn't know better, I would guess you were writing for insideflyer.dk. I really doubt there are many who see it the same way as you. Personally I have zero problems with letting EBS members into either SK lounges in the Nordics on Saturdays year round. I wouldn't have a problem if they did it on Sundays too.
Old Feb 2, 20, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
It does but there are two periods, one running from July 6th which is the summer campaign, here there is a limitation for the Gold Lounge, then there is a campaign running from January to July 4th which is the Saturday access. Here the exclusion of the Gold Lounges does not appear.
I think you're reading too much into that simple omission. I find that the omission is because it is already well-known that silvers only get access to the lowest level of the SAS lounges, and it's already stated higher up on the same page.

And. no, there isn't a summer campaign. The lounge benefit in the summer is an advertised, regular benefit of silver which is valid during all summers. A campaign is a short period with unusual and extra benefits on top of the regular benefits. The Saturday spring campaign is a campaign, because it only appears during this spring.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: