SAS Plus Seat Selection

Old Nov 27, 19, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold (OWS) / EK Silver / EY Gold / SPG
SAS Plus Seat Selection

Hi all,

I am booking a ticket in SAS Plus from DUB - ARN. I am booking the Plus fare due to the additional baggage, don't really care about any of the other benefits.

At present, Plus is only available in row 1, and there is only one middle seat remaining. I don't want to pay more than anyone else on the plane to then get stuck in a middle seat, but it won't let me pick a seat anywhere else. I have no problem taking a seat elsewhere.

Anybody have any experience of this, or any advice?
Old Nov 27, 19, 6:42 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
If that is the case, the rest of the plane is likely to be equally packed and seat choice in Go may not be much better. That said, the extra leg-room in row 1 (even in the middle seat) makes it preferable to most other seats excl. emergency exit rows.

You cannot buy a Plus ticket and pre-assign in Go, as this is a separate cabin.
There are two options available for you: 1. ask at check-in/gate downgrade yourself or buy the Go ticket and pay for excess luggage.
Old Nov 27, 19, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK View Post
That said, the extra leg-room in row 1 (even in the middle seat) makes it preferable to most other seats excl. emergency exit rows.
Na, there is more leg-space in the emergency exit rows than in row 1.

But hardly an option for OP anyway. SK wonít seat OP in the GO section unless the FA agrees to move after boarding is completed.

Since there is no curtain or anything really different in Plus, I would appreciate SK making the exit row a Plus row. How hard can it be to roll down the cart to e.g. row 11/12 and then serve the GO section row 10 to 6?

OP, when is your flight? Hardly ever I saw a fight leaving with just one row in Plus. So, if there is just one free seat, which will be taken by you and they still sell Plus in that flight... then Iím pretty sure they will make more rows available. Just keep checking.
Old Nov 27, 19, 7:18 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by fassy View Post
Na, there is more leg-space in the emergency exit rows than in row 1.
Hence why I said excl the exit rows

I have been on plenty of flights with only one row of Plus - hated every one of them...
SK2751 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 19, 7:18 am

Programs: EBG
I am sure this can only happen in SAS, the plus section is no better than the economy section for seating so the OP wants to keep the other advantages but move to the economy section....

I have seen just one row in plus, but I have also seen almost the entire plane being plus as well.
Old Nov 27, 19, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Diamond, Marriott Ambassador and LT Plat, Radisson Platinum
OP, if you can let us know the flight number and the day, we could check the load and seat map in ExpertFlyer for you (or you can do it yourself, if you have an account).
Old Nov 27, 19, 3:26 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
One of my flights this year had an almost empty Plus section ending just before the exit row, and the exit row starting the Go section. Fortunately for me, that’s exactly where I was seated as a Go pax.
Old Nov 27, 19, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold (OWS) / EK Silver / EY Gold / SPG
Thanks everyone, I found a creative way (or thought I had) to change the seat, I started booking one ticket and selected the middle seat in row 1, which was the only seat available. I then started a different booking and all of a sudden, row 2 had come into the plus section, so I selected 2A.

However, after booking I went in to have a look, and they had put me back in 1B! By that time, however, 1F had opened up for some reason, so all ended ok in the end.

I get that they are two difference classes of service, but to book the most expensive ticket and end up with a middle seat being the only choice, seems unfair. I checked EF and seats are wide open for the Go section.
w0r1dtrave1er likes this.
Old Nov 28, 19, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by jah718 View Post
Thanks everyone, I found a creative way (or thought I had) to change the seat, I started booking one ticket and selected the middle seat in row 1, which was the only seat available. I then started a different booking and all of a sudden, row 2 had come into the plus section, so I selected 2A.

clever!
Old Nov 28, 19, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Diamond, Marriott Ambassador and LT Plat, Radisson Platinum
I would be careful with that approach - they can and do push the “curtain” forward if they want to sell more Go seats and the flight is getting full. It’s happened to me that there were, say, 6 rows of Plus, with the flight relatively empty when booking a month or so out. At the time of booking, I chose an aisle seat in row 5, and then when checking in, suddenly noticed that they had pushed the divider to row 3 and placed me in a middle seat. Fortunately I was able to get the last window seat.

Not really sure what the lesson here is, other than making sure to check the seat reservation once in a while...
Old Nov 29, 19, 6:43 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
I have seen both, the curtain moved forward and backwards, depending on how packed the GO cabin is. My tactics is to take the best available aisle seat (I am an aisle sitter) as close as possible to row 2 (I hate row 1, because of all the luggage policing, and that your luggage lands too far behind you typically - never understood why almost all airlines have this problem). Then at check-in I move to a better sit if available. At this time the move of the curtain typically has happened, and only rarely things change again. I do check the seat map once again when I arrive at the airport.

Despite this, it did happen to me that at the airport I have been moved into a middle seat, but then just before they close check-in sometimes seats open (cancellations and mis-connects, I guess). I have not been in a middle seat for a long time on SK now. But on LH, SN, and LO, that is a different story ...

Oliver will likely tell us that this is the theoretical seating in action (and he is likely right...)
Old Nov 29, 19, 1:19 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by jah718 View Post

However, after booking I went in to have a look, and they had put me back in 1B! By that time, however, 1F had opened up for some reason, so all ended ok in the end.

I get that they are two difference classes of service, but to book the most expensive ticket and end up with a middle seat being the only choice, seems unfair. I checked EF and seats are wide open for the Go section.
I don't pay to much attention to the seat at booking time as the number of PLUS rows often changes when check-in opens, and sometimes as late as 1 hour before boarding.
Old Nov 29, 19, 11:51 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
I have experienced a couple of times that only a middle seat has been available when booking, but when checking my reservation a couple of minutes later (after ticketing): more Plus seats have opened up. Official SAS policy appears to be that any free seats should be in Plus on short haul.

Due to moving of class divider it is probably prudent not to book a seat too close to the divider in any class.
Old Dec 15, 19, 9:15 am

Just tagging onto this thread with a SAS Plus seating question for a forthcoming flight:

My flight is being operated by an A321 and is showing 'SAS Plus' up to row 12. Seats 10E & 10F (exit row) are showing as the only two block of two seats instead of three. This would be ideal for my partner and I however on seatguru.com they show the SAS A321 as having three seats - 10D E F.

Which is correct?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 15, 19, 11:19 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by 108912 View Post
Just tagging onto this thread with a SAS Plus seating question for a forthcoming flight:

My flight is being operated by an A321 and is showing 'SAS Plus' up to row 12. Seats 10E & 10F (exit row) are showing as the only two block of two seats instead of three. This would be ideal for my partner and I however on seatguru.com they show the SAS A321 as having three seats - 10D E F.

Which is correct?

Thanks in advance.
Both and none.

One of the exit rows on the A321's only have 2 seats (A&B), but they are misaligned so they are more or less in the middle of the row. At the other side (E&F) they have the jump seat for one of the stewardesses next to it as seat D.
108912 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: