Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Great opportunity to earn tons of EB - points

Old Oct 9, 19, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Silver, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold

For FT readers in the Norwegian market.
A possibility to earn quite decent amount of EB-extra points with AMEX.
If you sign up by October 16th 2019, you could earn 30K extra EB-points by churning 60K NOK on your card within 3 months.
The card is offered for 3 months free of charge !

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 10, 19 at 10:06 am Reason: Removed blog link
Old Oct 10, 19, 9:48 am

Programs: EBG
Extra points are not useful, basic points is what you need and the best for that seems to be a mastercard that will give you 12000 basic points per year.
Old Oct 10, 19, 4:35 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nussle View Post
Extra points are not useful, basic points is what you need and the best for that seems to be a mastercard that will give you 12000 basic points per year.
You never redeem flights? Extra points are rather useful for that....
Old Oct 11, 19, 3:31 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
You never redeem flights? Extra points are rather useful for that....
Don't forget upgrades... :-)
Old Oct 11, 19, 3:42 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JR67 View Post
Don't forget upgrades... :-)
i

Indeed, that too.
Old Oct 11, 19, 5:36 am

Programs: EBG
Pretty much all my flying is inside the EU with a little bit outside. I dont see any point to upgrade to plus for internal EU or short hop flights as explained many times. Offering me free flights for my points is kinda like offering chocolate to a guy who works in a chocolate factory all day long.

Nope, status is about all I am interested in for fast ttack and lounge.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 5:55 am

Pretty much all my flying is inside the EU with a little bit outside. I dont see any point to upgrade to plus for internal EU or short hop flights as explained many times. Offering me free flights for my points is kinda like offering chocolate to a guy who works in a chocolate factory all day long.

I work in a chocolate factory too, to use your metaphor, but some factories make even nicer chocolates than the one I work for. I do enjoy the F shaped chocolates my points allow me to buy.
JR67 and RoyalSwazi like this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 8:37 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others

Instead of just letting your points expire, feel free to donate them to me. I'm saving for a second vacation to Australia, and I wouldn't mind doing the +24 hour flights in F again.
Daner and JR67 like this.
Old Oct 12, 19, 9:13 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I work in a chocolate factory too, to use your metaphor, but some factories make even nicer chocolates than the one I work for. I do enjoy the F shaped chocolates my points allow me to buy.

They go particularly well with the Dom Perignon.

Burning points in European SH makes no real sense, but unless you are burned out with flying within work then there are loads of opportunities to see the wider world in class with those little points. Add them to an Amex 2-4-1 and you have a nice trip!
Old Oct 12, 19, 11:03 am

Actually the chocolates offered on evening flights within Europe in sas plus are also pretty Nice. ;-)
Daner likes this.
Old Oct 12, 19, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by JR67 View Post
Burning points in European SH makes no real sense,
using EB points for European SH makes a lot of sense.... I often need to go back to Germany on very short notice and then I use EB points to book CPH-HAJ or CPH-HAM for 20k points + 50€ taxes instead of 500€ to 700€ for the revenue ticket... and usually never have issues with availability.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 6:48 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by fassy View Post
using EB points for European SH makes a lot of sense.... I often need to go back to Germany on very short notice and then I use EB points to book CPH-HAJ or CPH-HAM for 20k points + 50€ taxes instead of 500€ to 700€ for the revenue ticket... and usually never have issues with availability.
IMHO: there are two good uses for points short haul Europe: (1) tickets on short notice, as fassy says and (2) upgrades for status (You effectively pay 3250 status points to gain 1750 points basic points, at least so far; so especially for folks that value status over award flights this is, so far, a very good avenue to maintain status without flying more; the return in basic points is better then on long haul typically; and I do hate hate hate MRs).
Old Yesterday, 7:10 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
IMHO: there are two good uses for points short haul Europe: (1) tickets on short notice, as fassy says and (2) upgrades for status (You effectively pay 3250 status points to gain 1750 points basic points, at least so far; so especially for folks that value status over award flights this is, so far, a very good avenue to maintain status without flying more; the return in basic points is better then on long haul typically; and I do hate hate hate MRs).
I agree with both options. Specially because if you want to buy the basic points, you have to pay 10K extra points for 1K basic points.
Unfortunately it looks like the second option will go away soon.

Search this Thread