Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New SAS livery to be revealed next week

New SAS livery to be revealed next week

Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It could be worse, and certainly doesn't rub my eyes the wrong way as much as some other airline's changed livery has previously.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It could be worse, and certainly doesn't rub my eyes the wrong way as much as some other airline's changed livery has previously.
Is there a *right* way to rub one's eyes?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
I might be the only one but I think this new livery is horrible and a big step backwards from the current one.

SAS in big letters once on each side of the plane is enough, twice says they were unimaginative and boring.
I agree, it is boring! I miss the colourful engines and most of all the ‘Scandinavian Airlines’ on the fuselage.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I also think it is less terrible than expected. I think it will be fine. But I agree the old design looked much more professional (with the subtle Scandinavian Airlines on the fuselage and the red engines). This design looks a bit like made by an intern in the marketing department. I would probably preferred if they combined the new tail design with the old fuselage and engines. But it could have been much worse. I won't be ashamed boarding this though.
Gnopps likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: KA "The Elite"
The old livery was a pain to paint with over 5 different colours to apply. Plus the colour combination made the aircraft look like a cheap hooker. Still, while expensive and time consuming to apply, it had a least the advantage to leave some kind of impression on the passengers. The new livery is just... bland, souless and the perfect fit to an airline that leaves travellers indiferent. The 1980's stripes and national shields was so much more personal and stylish....
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by longliveKA
The old livery was a pain to paint with over 5 different colours to apply. Plus the colour combination made the aircraft look like a cheap hooker.
If anything the new livery is more complex to paint than the old one, so I find this argument strange.

Originally Posted by longliveKA
Still, while expensive and time consuming to apply, it had a least the advantage to leave some kind of impression on the passengers. The new livery is just... bland, souless and the perfect fit to an airline that leaves travellers indiferent. The 1980's stripes and national shields was so much more personal and stylish....
I honestly don't see that much difference between the old and new livery. The biggest change in my view is the change from red to blue on the engines and the blue tail.
Unless you put 2 birds next to each other, I think most pax's will have a hard time telling you what is old and what is new on the livery.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Unless you put 2 birds next to each other, I think most pax's will have a hard time telling you what is old and what is new on the livery.
Which is think is positive. It is one possible way to change your look: keep the old look & feel, but become more modern imperceptibly. LO did this a few years back with very (IMHO) good result. Most pax did not notice but the outcome looks much more modern. (they also had a few planes painted in a bold, completely disruptive, style of folk paper cut-outs, which, I thouth, were really cool. These design did not seem to stick though).
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:44 pm

Looks like this one could be the first A320 delivered in the new livery. It hasn't been in the air yet, and there are 3 other A320 in XFW in the old livery which hasn't been in the air yet either.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jK8uwpAOR...092dbce2_k.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6mtrDqu5m...b90b52a2_b.jpg

Alternatively this one in TLS which has been in the air (test flight and ferried to CHR for paint), but is still not painted.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WJZ3fHU0t...4174e287_h.jpg
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Looks like this one could be the first A320 delivered in the new livery. It hasn't been in the air yet, and there are 3 other A320 in XFW in the old livery which hasn't been in the air yet either.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jK8uwpAOR...092dbce2_k.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6mtrDqu5m...b90b52a2_b.jpg

Alternatively this one in TLS which has been in the air (test flight and ferried to CHR for paint), but is still not painted.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WJZ3fHU0t...4174e287_h.jpg
Is it a fixed feature of the A320NEO to have the black mask around the cockpit windows like the A350? It. Does look good on the A320 though.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Is it a fixed feature of the A320NEO to have the black mask around the cockpit windows like the A350? It. Does look good on the A320 though.
Must be a special (or new) option, none of the older A320NEOs I have seen elsewhere do have it.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I haven't noticed that before, but I agree it looks good. It dosen't look to be leftovers from the preparation for painting, so it's probably part of the new livery.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I doubt they will repaint new A320s even if they haven't been delivered yet.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Iberia Neos wear the mask but I haven't seen it anywhere else.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:16 am

Reminds me off:
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Air Canada has the mask on all aircraft types:
SK2751 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.