FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Logic in upgrade bids (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1985243-logic-upgrade-bids.html)

Yreal Aug 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Logic in upgrade bids

This is something that bugs me. Done allot of ams-cph, but my upgrade bid is never accepted. Happens.

but yesterday, I flew out on the 7.00 flight with 41 empty seats in go. My offer was 7000sek. What the actual hell do I have to do to get upgraded on this flight ?

fassy Aug 30, 2019 2:23 pm

The logic is to reduce the need for operational upgrades. The more empty seats in Go, the less likely (and not expensive) the upgrade is. But 7.000 kr is really insane. Must be a bug in the algorithm.

SK AAR Aug 30, 2019 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Yreal (Post 31474558)
This is something that bugs me. Done allot of ams-cph, but my upgrade bid is never accepted. Happens.

but yesterday, I flew out on the 7.00 flight with 41 empty seats in go. My offer was 7000sek. What the actual hell do I have to do to get upgraded on this flight ?

?? Why would anyone offer SEK 7000 for an upgrade AMS-CPH? You could easily have bought 2 SAS Plus tickets for this amount

Yreal Aug 30, 2019 6:28 pm

Sorry, I meant my offer was 700 sek.

but still, plus had 5/48 taken, go was like 40% full. I mean, those salad boxes ain't costing them 700 sek...

highupinthesky Aug 31, 2019 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Yreal (Post 31475134)
Sorry, I meant my offer was 700 sek.

but still, plus had 5/48 taken, go was like 40% full. I mean, those salad boxes ain't costing them 700 sek...

No but dependent on your original ticket, you will get up to 15 times the amount of EB points with the upgrade, plus if you are not *G you will get fast track and lounge access in CPH, and maybe also AMS.

I don't know why your bids hasn't been accepted. I have never had a bid being rejected and I've always bid minimum. Most of my flights have been fairly full, but never to the level where upgrades had to happen.

SK AAR Aug 31, 2019 11:38 pm

Well, for your flight there is was clearly no need to move pax from Economy to Plus and apparently SK didn't feel it was worth your SEK 700 to put you in Plus and give you the Plus experience; SK would like you to purchase a Plus ticket next time rather than bidding for upgrades.

My bids for intra-Scandinvian flights have also been accepted. I don't use if that often, so my data point hardly say anything about the chances of bids being accepted in general.

SK2751 Sep 1, 2019 1:58 pm

My acceptance rate is close to 90% for short haul bids out of CPH. Never tried AMS though. I bid the lowest possible amount, but I use point bids much more often than cash bids.

nick5000 Sep 3, 2019 3:19 pm

My long haul minimum bid upgrades are always accepted when there is a lot of space in business and always denied when business is nearly full.
Kind of makes sense

JR67 Sep 4, 2019 11:06 am

Originally Posted by nick5000 (Post 31487182)
My long haul minimum bid upgrades are always accepted when there is a lot of space in business and always denied when business is nearly full.
Kind of makes sense

The most irritating part for me is when my bids are denied, but there is availability at the gate. Costs more with no added earnings...