Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Booking Multi-City Tickets & Origin-Open-Jaws on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g

Hi,

If I book a SAS award CPH-PVG//HKG-CPH, does that price as a round trip or two one way flights? Presumably I have to do it over the phone?

Many thanks

J
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Just try it out at https://www.flysas.com/gb-en/

Hint: use "Other Trip" and select "Points"
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
Thank you so much! (the answer is 'yes' by the way) :-)
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: More than one
Is there any price difference whether it's prices as a round trip or 2 one way trips?
Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Is there any price difference whether it's prices as a round trip or 2 one way trips?
one way awards costs 60% of the return price with EuroBonus, so yes. But Open Jaws can be booked at the price of a return ticket. Double open jaw can IME also be booked for the price of a return, but have to be done via phone.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by studentCPH
one way awards costs 60% of the return price with EuroBonus, so yes. But Open Jaws can be booked at the price of a return ticket. Double open jaw can IME also be booked for the price of a return, but have to be done via phone.
Last time I talked to an EuroBonus agent she told me only one Open Jaw is allowed per rules, so either XXX-YYY-ZZZ or XXX-YYY//ZZZ-XXX.

anyway, for the OP is will work but need to call in.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by fassy

Last time I talked to an EuroBonus agent she told me only one Open Jaw is allowed per rules, so either XXX-YYY-ZZZ or XXX-YYY//ZZZ-XXX.

anyway, for the OP is will work but need to call in.
You're right, it was a brainfart. I was thinking of XXX-YYY-ZZZ booking I did, which has nothing to do with a double open jaw. Completely irrelevant of course.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Í just want to share my experience. Two years ago I booked an award flight two times open-jar from Oslo to Beijing (via CPH) in Plus and return from Shanghai to Munich ( via CPH) in business for 90.000 points plus 76 EUR taxes via the eurobonus telephone agent. Not sure, whether this is still possible, does anybody know the exact rules? In the FAQ it even states that one stopovers is allowed for intercontinental flights in each direction.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:11 am

As far as I know, the routing rules are not formally defined on the website or in the T&Cs. I asked last time if I could do CPH-MUC-JFK//BOS-FRA-ARN and was told only one open jaw allowed. Did went for CPH-MUC-JFK//BOS-FRA-CPH and pegged a bought a revenue ticket for CPH-ARN.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: SK*Gold
Is it still possible to book an open jaw award ticket? I'm trying to book OSL-CPH & HEL-OSL and every time I choose a different return, the point option disappears and I can only book for money.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Amexpat
Is it still possible to book an open jaw award ticket? I'm trying to book OSL-CPH & HEL-OSL and every time I choose a different return, the point option disappears and I can only book for money.
Sadly it's impossible. Another great feature of EB...​​​​​
Old May 23, 2022, 7:42 am

You should be able to do it by calling in. I think you'll be able to make them waive the fee if you insist it isn't bookeable on the website.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:21 am

It is still possible to book open jaw award trips via the phone service. But they won't waive the fee unless you are EBD.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA, AE
Booking Origin Open Jaw on SAS

Want to book origin open jaw on SAS but the website does not appear to offer that option. Need ability to select other than minimum fare.

Ok, found some OTAs that allow that. Mod can delete this thread.

Last edited by rawilliam; Apr 7, 2023 at 3:29 pm
Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:21 pm

OTA is the way to go. If you want to book it via SAS, you can call in and they will book it +$40 booking fee. I’ve ponied up the $40 to have the booking via SAS which makes changing/rebooking a bit easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.