Booking open jaw SAS award?

Old Aug 30, 19, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
Booking open jaw SAS award?

Hi,

If I book a SAS award CPH-PVG//HKG-CPH, does that price as a round trip or two one way flights? Presumably I have to do it over the phone?

Many thanks

J
Old Aug 30, 19, 12:26 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Just try it out at https://www.flysas.com/gb-en/

Hint: use "Other Trip" and select "Points"
Old Aug 30, 19, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
Thank you so much! (the answer is 'yes' by the way) :-)
Old Aug 30, 19, 1:56 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Is there any price difference whether it's prices as a round trip or 2 one way trips?
Old Aug 31, 19, 2:57 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
Is there any price difference whether it's prices as a round trip or 2 one way trips?
one way awards costs 60% of the return price with EuroBonus, so yes. But Open Jaws can be booked at the price of a return ticket. Double open jaw can IME also be booked for the price of a return, but have to be done via phone.
Old Aug 31, 19, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by studentCPH View Post
one way awards costs 60% of the return price with EuroBonus, so yes. But Open Jaws can be booked at the price of a return ticket. Double open jaw can IME also be booked for the price of a return, but have to be done via phone.
Last time I talked to an EuroBonus agent she told me only one Open Jaw is allowed per rules, so either XXX-YYY-ZZZ or XXX-YYY//ZZZ-XXX.

anyway, for the OP is will work but need to call in.
Old Sep 2, 19, 1:23 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by fassy View Post

Last time I talked to an EuroBonus agent she told me only one Open Jaw is allowed per rules, so either XXX-YYY-ZZZ or XXX-YYY//ZZZ-XXX.

anyway, for the OP is will work but need to call in.
You're right, it was a brainfart. I was thinking of XXX-YYY-ZZZ booking I did, which has nothing to do with a double open jaw. Completely irrelevant of course.
Old Sep 2, 19, 3:57 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
just want to share my experience. Two years ago I booked an award flight two times open-jar from Oslo to Beijing (via CPH) in Plus and return from Shanghai to Munich ( via CPH) in business for 90.000 points plus 76 EUR taxes via the eurobonus telephone agent. Not sure, whether this is still possible, does anybody know the exact rules? In the FAQ it even states that one stopovers is allowed for intercontinental flights in each direction.
Old Sep 3, 19, 3:11 am

As far as I know, the routing rules are not formally defined on the website or in the T&Cs. I asked last time if I could do CPH-MUC-JFK//BOS-FRA-ARN and was told only one open jaw allowed. Did went for CPH-MUC-JFK//BOS-FRA-CPH and pegged a bought a revenue ticket for CPH-ARN.

Search this Thread