Search

IT glitch or early upgrade or?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD

This booking (flight is 2 weeks away) looks strange. Haven’t seen it before.

We are booked in Go, but now – so it seems - we are seated in the Plus c

abin. IT glitch or early, courtesy upgrade? The latter sound unrealistic to me.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: More than one
No. Looks quit normal to me. It's a short haul flight. There is no business class on them and for the domestic flights it's quite normal that only the first few rows are reserved for Plus. You should be able to scroll up, so you can see where the blocked plus rows starts. I've seen inter Europa flights where only the first row were blocked for Plus.

Edit: It's been a while since I last used the SK site for seat selection, so checked my next flight and indeed they have changed the layout, so there no longer is a scroll bar. But still 15 rows reserved for Plus on a CPH-BGO flight. That sounds like a lot and early courtesy upgrade on a short haul is probably to good to be true. Beside. I've never heard about courtesy upgrades on short haul at all on SK.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Aug 19, 2019 at 7:00 am
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:28 am

I guess equipment got changed and not all seat allocations have been updated.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
No. Looks quit normal to me. It's a short haul flight. There is no business class on them and for the domestic flights it's quite normal that only the first few rows are reserved for Plus. You should be able to scroll up, so you can see where the blocked plus rows starts. I've seen inter Europa flights where only the first row were blocked for Plus.

Edit: It's been a while since I last used the SK site for seat selection, so checked my next flight and indeed they have changed the layout, so there no longer is a scroll bar. But still 15 rows reserved for Plus on a CPH-BGO flight. That sounds like a lot and early courtesy upgrade on a short haul is probably to good to be true. Beside. I've never heard about courtesy upgrades on short haul at all on SK.
It's not normal that the allocated seats aren't visible. I can't scroll further forward. And it's the same in the app (the screendump is from a PC).
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
I guess equipment got changed and not all seat allocations have been updated.
Could be. But it lookd the same one week ago.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
It's not normal that the allocated seats aren't visible. I can't scroll further forward. And it's the same in the app (the screendump is from a PC).
As I wrote in the edit. There used to be a scroll bar, and sometimes you had to scroll to get the selected seats in the view and in the odd cases I had to refresh the page to get it to load all the available seats. But that scroll bar is gone.

Equipment change or not. 15 rows reserved for Plus sound like a lot to me on a CPH.BGO flight but I've never been on the flight so do know how many business travelers there are on that route.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Looks like a glitch. But if nobody notices, the glitch becomes an upgrade
Tango Alpha likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:49 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
If you give me the flight date and flight number I can look up the cabin allocation (ie what seats are classified as Business and what rows are classified as Economy).

While Short haul upgrades on SK are rare they do exist!
And for the topic of how many rows Business is on SK flights to BGO, I've so far never had a flight where there were less than ten rows in J, usually with only around 5 pax seated in the front. Just on my last BGO-ARN flight half the cabin (up to around row 15?) was classieifed as Business, but apart from me there were only a few others seated there.
Chiller3333 and Tango Alpha like this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nick Art
If you give me the flight date and flight number I can look up the cabin allocation (ie what seats are classified as Business and what rows are classified as Economy).

While Short haul upgrades on SK are rare they do exist!
SK 2872 Fri 06 Sep.
Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
SAS Plus is supposed be rows 1 to 15.
So the way it is displayed seems to be correct.
Could indeed be an early upgrade.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:22 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
SK 2872 Fri 06 Sep.
Thanks.
Economy indeed only starts with row 16 and Business is up to row 15, however, the seats you have shown in your booking are not actually allocated and show as empty on the seat map... The only taken seats in the Plus cabin are 2DEF, 3A, 4C and 10F.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Economy indeed only starts with row 16 and Business is up to row 15, however, the seats you have shown in your booking are not actually allocated and show as empty on the seat map... The only taken seats in the Plus cabin are 2DEF, 3A, 4C and 10F.
Thanks. Still a little strange. Also, I didn't choose those two seats myself, as I placed myself in the same row as Mrs. Tango.

Well, no issue. Wil find out.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:49 am

also show empty when you do a dummy booking:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.