SAS GO as *A Gold?

Old Aug 8, 19, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, AA, DL, Sixt, HH, SW & Red Roof Inn!
SAS GO as *A Gold?

Hello. I'm considering an IAD-CPH flight at the end of August 2019 for about a week trip. O/W fares are running about $400 in SAS GO. Was wondering what I should expect when booking as a UAPlatinum/*AGold? Specifically regarding seat selection, mileage earning, baggage limits and lounge access? I haven't been to CPH since 2008.
Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 19, 11:04 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by onocoffee View Post
Hello. I'm considering an IAD-CPH flight at the end of August 2019 for about a week trip. O/W fares are running about $400 in SAS GO. Was wondering what I should expect when booking as a UAPlatinum/*AGold? Specifically regarding seat selection, mileage earning, baggage limits and lounge access? I haven't been to CPH since 2008.
Thanks!
It will depend a bit whether that is Go or Go light. You will have lounge access for both. Your luggage allowance will depend on it, Go Light nothing is included and status does not get you any luggage, for Go you get one piece of 23kg for free and Gold will get you an extra bag of 23kg. Mileage earnings for United Mileage Plus I don't know, but for Eurobonus the earnings for Go Light is about 10% (fixed numbers though) and Go varies from about 50% to 100% (also fixed numbers)
Old Aug 9, 19, 12:50 am

Programs: NZ *G
And any preferential seating will be a favour from SAS..there is no *G entitlement.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 19, 12:52 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Mileage earnings you should check on the UA website. It is very unlikely though that they distinguish GO and GOLIGHT from United (SK does distinguish internally for earning). So if you fly with hand baggage only there should not be any reason to pay for GO over GO LIGHT.

Cabinn service is very simple. You get a meal and a drink. I don't think there are meal choices anymore, and drinks are only served with the meal. You can buy a drink or snack in between meals. I find the prices very reasonable (given that this is a Scandinavian company, and that I have seen many airports in "cheap countries" that charge more for drinks, etc.).
Old Aug 9, 19, 12:53 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
And any preferential seating will be a favour from SAS..there is no *G entitlement.
Right. This is important for UA members: there is no chance of getting a PLUS seat (barring a super unlikely op-up). SK PLUS is a distinct service class (unlike on UA) - you need to buy a PLUS ticket or an upgrade to get there.
SK AAR likes this.
Old Aug 9, 19, 4:06 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
Mileage earnings you should check on the UA website. It is very unlikely though that they distinguish GO and GOLIGHT from United (SK does distinguish internally for earning). So if you fly with hand baggage only there should not be any reason to pay for GO over GO LIGHT.
I'm pretty sure there is a difference in the points you earn on Go and Go light no matter which program you charge the points too. At least that's the case when you fly SK metal on Swiss code share and use the EB program. The Swiss code shares can be booked in eco or eco light which maps into go or go light both regarding luggage and points earning.
Old Aug 9, 19, 4:37 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a difference in the points you earn on Go and Go light no matter which program you charge the points too. At least that's the case when you fly SK metal on Swiss code share and use the EB program. The Swiss code shares can be booked in eco or eco light which maps into go or go light both regarding luggage and points earning.
If you fly Swiss codeshare on SK it is the underlying SK fare class that decides the earning, and if you credit that to SK it will make no difference to booking SK and crediting it to SK.

If you look at the UA earning table the lowest level is 50%, also for the fare classes used for Go Light. So United does not distinguish between Go and Go Light fares when you credit to Mileage Plus

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...lines-sas.html
Old Aug 11, 19, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, AA, DL, Sixt, HH, SW & Red Roof Inn!
Thank you everyone for the guidance. It is very much appreciated!

Search this Thread