Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
SAS has its own lounge at Newark (EWR), which is located in Terminal B3, near Gate 60

- SAS Lounge (access for EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First Class, *A Business Class, SAS Business, SAS Plus)

In addition to the SAS lounge there are also other lounges located in Terminal B3 at EWR:

- Lufthansa Senator Lounge (right across the SAS Lounge, access for *G, including EBP, EBD, EBG, *A First)
- Lufthansa Business Lounge (right across the SAS Lounge, access for *A Business, including SAS Businesss)
The Lufthansa lounges are often overcrowded and they will turn away all non-LHG pax if the lounges are too crowded. Usually after the early departure wave approx. 17:00, the situation improves.

In addition to the above lounges in Terminal B3, there are also other lounges located in the other terminals at EWR, a selection of which is provided below:

- United Polaris Lounge (Terminal C, right after security, access only for intercontinental *A Business, including SAS Business)
- United Clubs (Terminal C, several different locations available, access to *A First (intercontinental), *A Business (interncontinental) and *G)
- AMEX Centurion lounge (Terminal A3, access for AMEX Centurion and AMEX Platinum)

There is a transfer Bus located at Gate 70 to transfer from Terminal C to Terminal A and B
Print Wikipost

SAS Lounge Newark (EWR)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Eurobonus
SAS Lounge Newark (EWR)

I'm coming in to Newark by SAS on Sunday afternoon, travelling onwards by train. I was wondering if there is any *A arrivals lounge with shower or other facility I could use to freshen up before continuing? I am Eurobonus Gold.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 1:39 am

To my best knowledge - No. Due to immigration (and security) all lounges are located in such a way that they are not accessible for arriving pax. I am not even sure there are showers at the SK lounge in EWR??
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Eurobonus
Ouch.
I was afraid of that, thanks anyway for the info!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
I agree - getting a shower really does make a difference. You might want to check whether one of the airport hotels has a day-pass option for its fitness center.

I don't know about EWR, but I have visited the fitness center at the ORD Hilton; I don't recall the price, but it wouldn't have been stupidly expensive.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:47 am

Way back when the late night flight from CPH was still running, I used to stay at the Mariott Newark, a short walk acorss the parking lott (although it was not the official way, it was by far the fastest). The have a fitness centre, and I am sure they sell a daypass. Try this:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel...port-marriott/
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:45 pm

SAS Lounge in Newark (EWR)

I am flying SAS and have a 4 hour layover in Newark. Are there any options for me to access a private lounge?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Marriott Platinum
SAS has a Scandinavian Lounge right at the gates. I haven't used it for the last couple of years, but, when I did, it would fill up to capacity as the departure time approached. I'd head there asap to get a decent seat. You need to meet the usual requirements to get in, of course.

On a related note, I am flying LAX-ARN for the first time in a couple of weeks and have not seen any comments on the options at LAX yet. I know that there is neither an SAS nor an Amex Centurion lounge. Anyone know the best options near the gates with Star Alliance Gold or Priority Pass? I am hoping for a decent United Club like the one at SFO(?)
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:47 pm

Not sure if you are arriving or departing on SAS. If you're arriving on SAS (Terminal B), then you have to clear immigration before any lounge etc.

Depending on the airline you are taking next, you could use their lounges - but given it costs ~$50 to buy a day pass, probably not worth it for what you get.

If your next flight is on UA (likely from Term C), I would suggest you just hang out in the terminal - they have redone the area and there are a bunch of very nice restaurants now - would rather spend the money there rather than the always crowded United lounges.

IaLTO
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by timrousbeastie
SAS has a Scandinavian Lounge right at the gates. I haven't used it for the last couple of years, but, when I did, it would fill up to capacity as the departure time approached. I'd head there asap to get a decent seat. You need to meet the usual requirements to get in, of course.

On a related note, I am flying LAX-ARN for the first time in a couple of weeks and have not seen any comments on the options at LAX yet. I know that there is neither an SAS nor an Amex Centurion lounge. Anyone know the best options near the gates with Star Alliance Gold or Priority Pass? I am hoping for a decent United Club like the one at SFO(?)
The Star Alliance Business Class lounge in TBIT. It is very nice, and even has an outdoor terrace.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The United Club at SFO is a total joke.

The Star Alliance lounge at LAX is actually very decent. Spacious, bar service, decent snacks, good seating, functional wifi and proper bathroom facilities. It also felt like there was a constant flow of passengers instead of the usual stockpiling an hour before departure. Probably one of the better lounges in the US when flying SK. I had previously only flown OW from LAX and this was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Apr 27, 2016 at 3:29 am
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:43 am

I can't say enough good things about the Star Alliance lounge at LAX international terminal (TBIT). It's a great lounge. I enjoy the outside patio, note that it faces east (and a bit north) so you can see planes coming in for descent but can't see the sunset.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:23 pm

Holy cow, just saw on Instagram that there's a brand new United Club in ORD international terminal near gate B18. Wonder if it's on par with the one in LHR T2B.

{edit}

Apparently there's already a thread...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-2016-a-5.html

And it's not in the International Terminal.. thanks StarAlliance instagram account...

{/edit}

Last edited by w0r1dtrave1er; Apr 27, 2016 at 2:28 pm Reason: whoops, didn't do my research before posting
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Right, International terminal gates start with "M".

The terminal 1+2 United lounges where both very mediocre, the pictures of the refurbished version look like an improvement.
Old May 1, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: More than one
When I fly out of EWR, I always goes to the LH lounge just opposite the SK lounge. It's much better, but fills quickly too.

Don't know about LAX. Never been through the international terminal there yet. The domestic UA club lounges are as bad as any other UA club lounge, including the one in the international terminal at SFO. No food. Just uneatable snacks and an undefinable substance they call soup. The best about the UA club lounges are that there are somewhere to sit and work, and free softdrinks and coffee. Any SK lounges are better than the UA club lounges.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:06 pm

I'm flying out of Newark - Terminal B - tomorrow night on TAP.

I'm trying to figure out which lounges I have access to.

Priority Pass has an landside club Art & Lounge - that I can access, but i'm wondering about any of the others.

I am gold AA and I also have a Prestige card - but I'm not flying One World ...

Do I have any other options than the PP club? Is it worth going to the other terminals?

thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.