Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Booking open legs flight with SAS website

Old Jul 25, 19, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Hello All,

I will be flying from SDF to ARN (Connecting via ORD) and return CHS in late September. Google flights is showing $1,032 for this trip, which includes the United leg from SDF to ORD.

I tried to book this flight via United website, but it jump up to $1350. I then return to SAS website, but I'm not able to enter my trip. it forces me to return to the same airport (SDF to ARN, ARN to SDF).

Anyway to book this fly without calling the airlines?
Old Jul 25, 19, 11:52 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
This route is not even bookable via SAS for Business (which only lists Charleston WV). I fear you must call in to book it via SAS phone service.
Old Jul 26, 19, 1:53 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Not everything on Google Flights is bookable for the given price.

Did you try Expedia to see if it is bookable for the price you see on Google Flights?
DiamondMile and SK2751 like this.
Old Jul 26, 19, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
Not everything on Google Flights is bookable for the given price.

Did you try Expedia to see if it is bookable for the price you see on Google Flights?
Expedia should be good, that's how I did mine with an open jaw plus different end destination. I was asked by a number of people how I did it and they all used the airline website and it's borked and can't even.
Old Jul 26, 19, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I tried Expedia yesterday and it works. I'm just not sure why it would not work on SAS website. I also have the same problem with Air France website too. It forces me to return to the same airport. Is that same as round-trip? lol
Old Jul 27, 19, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by lleung1980 View Post
Yes, I tried Expedia yesterday and it works. I'm just not sure why it would not work on SAS website. I also have the same problem with Air France website too. It forces me to return to the same airport. Is that same as round-trip? lol
You'll hear a lot of explaining from apologists for the airline but at its core it's likely a backend IT issue. A lot of it can be done over the phone directly into the guts of the system but the overlay that SK uses clearly doesn't have that skillset. TLDR: Airlines are dumb and cheap on their IT development.
SK2751 and w0r1dtrave1er like this.

Search this Thread