Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Free luggage lockers at SAS Lounge in Arlanda?

Old Jul 19, 19, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, TK Elite Plus, AZ Freccia Alata Plus

On an upcoming trip with SAS, I'll have a 10 hour daytime layover at Arlanda. Are there any complimentary luggage lockers at any of the SAS Lounges so that I could leave some of my cabin luggage at the lounge while spending the day in Stockholm?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Jul 19, 19, 7:44 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Not at the lounge as far as I remember, but there is a luggage service at the airport off airside, as far as I remember.
Old Jul 20, 19, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
There is luggage storage in the 'basement' of Arlanda. I seem to recall it was like 70kr a bag or something (as a per 24 hours rate - it may be less for shorter storage). We have used it plenty of times before - there is signage all over the place for how to get there. Its not a large airport, so even returning from your day in the city you will be able to pick up the luggage quite quickly and get to the checkin terminal.
Old Jul 20, 19, 4:48 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Originally Posted by sondra_finchley View Post
Its not a large airport
How do you define large? Walking from check-in at T2 to the SK check-in at T5 easily takes 30 min. CPH handle more PAX's than ARN but here it only takes 10 min. to walk from one check-in to the other.

IMHO. Based on number of PAX's ARN is mid size, but the stupid layout makes it a large airport physically
Old Jul 23, 19, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
Sure, its mid-sized, I mean its not large in terms of you are walking miles and miles to get from A to B (unless its a Scandi domestic flight or that horrid Terminal 5 all the way back to SK. Even then I would say its a rather pleasant straight-shot walk of 15 minutes and not even close to the hell of navigating through the depths of any large American airport or say trying to change terminals at CDG. You can do it in 10 in a run if you really need to.). Relative to trying to find things/manage an airport the size of LHR/ORD/LAX/SIN - ARN is a doddle. That is what I meant. Perhaps it would be better to say its a less complex airport.

I haven't been through CPH in some years, but I do remember it being more accessible (both getting to the airport and in the airport) than ARN, I will grant you that. ARN has its issues but for a transit airport compared to some of the biggies in Europe, yeah, its the one I put my 70 year old parents through last year when they were flying between the US and Ireland.

Search this Thread