Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:33 am
Original Poster

HKG check-in

Does anyone know what time the SAS check-in at Hong Kong opens? The flight leaves at 0100. I have arranged a late check-out at the hotel where I will be staying, and have lounge access at HKG.

Last edited by Vardomannen; Jul 2, 2019 at 4:34 am Reason: Spelling error
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
SAS offer railway station check in for their flights so you can turn up at Hong Kong (island) or Kowloon station at any time that day with your bags and at the latest 90 minutes before flight departure, drop your bags and either carry on to the airport or go back and do other things. Even if there's not an SAS sign up just ask any of the *A desks to do it for you.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Normally, 3 hours before the flight
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips. I am staying out near the airport as I am on a flight that lands after midnight, so the tip about asking another *A carrier to check me in is a good idea!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Vardomannen
so the tip about asking another *A carrier to check me in is a good idea!
Forget it. This doesn't work!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by fassy
Forget it. This doesn't work!
IME it does. There is usually a star catch-all desk open as well as ones where departures are a bit more imminent.

SQ have checked me in on LX and LH before now. It takes them a couple of minutes to log into a different part of the system but they always do it and are helpful.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:12 am
Original Poster

I can give SQ a go. If all else fails, I suppose I can take the airport express out to the first city station, check in luggage and myself there, and head back to the airport again!!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: More than one
The *A check in probably only works at the train stations. It has never worked for me at any airports unless there is an self service check-in with a baggage drop. I don't know if this is the case in HKG.

Have you checked whether your hotel has an airline check-in service?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:35 am
Original Poster

I am staying at the Regal HK Airport. They do have a check in service, but only for nine airlines. I have only been able to find a list of these nine airlines which is three years old, and SAS was not on that list. I can contact the hotel and find out. Hadn't thought of that, even though I remember seeing the check in terminals last year. Thanks for the reminder😊
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
SK is handled by SATS, so forget using LX, LH as they are handled by Jardine.

Anyway the counter opens 4 hours before departure, this was for my "supposed" flight in February - the check in people said Scandinavians complained that the counter opens too late (apparently 3 hours before departure is not good enough) so the check in staff have to work 1 hour longer.

Why don't you just tell the hotel to keep your bags while you are out? The hotel is less than 5 minutes walk from the lobby to SK check-in counter.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:22 am
Original Poster

In case anyone is still looking for the answer to this one: check in opened at 2058 this evening, meaning 4 hours prior to departure.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Vardomannen
In case anyone is still looking for the answer to this one: check in opened at 2058 this evening, meaning 4 hours prior to departure.
Isn't that 39 years late for a flight departing in 2019?
SK2751 and highupinthesky like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:32 am
Original Poster

For those among you who favour the am/pm system, that's 8.58pm. For all metric users 2058 is the same. Sometimes written 20.58, 20:58... Sorry, the prospect of 12 hours on something I didn't book has thrown my humour out of the window (see thread about LN-RKP).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.