International Rebooking

Old Jun 23, 19, 5:36 am
Original Poster

International Rebooking

Hi All,
I was looking for information on rebooking tickets on international travel tickets. We fly ORD to CPH - CPH-ORD yearly and are looking for the ability to possibly delay the return flight back to ORD beyond the date we booked. We have some flexibility at our work (workload dependent) that may allow us extended time off but we will not know until very near our departure date. I see the rebooking rules (cost of rebooking etc.) for travel within Europe, but have not seen it for international flights. Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 23, 19, 6:37 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
What booking class are you in? That will have a great impact on the answer.
Old Jun 23, 19, 6:40 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
On the SAS website, search for your flights, and select the class you want to fly in. Then extend the details at the bottom of the page and click on the fare you selected. There you can read the rules.

If you select your ticket type and class you should have the rules.

Old Jun 23, 19, 6:46 am
Original Poster

We fly out in T class and return in K class. It is SAS Go Smart.
Thanks much!
Old Jun 23, 19, 7:00 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
T and K are in the lower end of booking classes, apart from the fee you will have to pay for repricing to the booking class that is available when you want to do the rebooking. That is the main price tag you will see, but that will not be know until you try rebook.
Old Jun 23, 19, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks much for the reply. For sure the cost of a seat a few weeks out could be higher and the added cost would be adjusted. In looking in Jainzar's post it plainly stated a $300 cost if the whole trip was rebooked. Maybe I can assume that if only the return trip would be changed it would amount to $150 per ticket. I see in My Bookings one can rebook, so possibly simulate a booking change and better understand the fees. Thanks so much for you help.
Old Jun 23, 19, 7:39 am

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by Danemark1 View Post
Thanks much for the reply. For sure the cost of a seat a few weeks out could be higher and the added cost would be adjusted. In looking in Jainzar's post it plainly stated a $300 cost if the whole trip was rebooked. Maybe I can assume that if only the return trip would be changed it would amount to $150 per ticket. I see in My Bookings one can rebook, so possibly simulate a booking change and better understand the fees. Thanks so much for you help.
A 300 USD fee, plus the note that if you are upgrading to a higher fare class you have to pay the difference. It is unlikely that the lower booking classes will be available.
Old Jun 23, 19, 11:03 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
As CPH-Flyer write. The fee is per change, not per leg. But double check you ticket. There might be different rules on the outbound and return leg. I've even seen a flight where both legs were in the same booking class (U) and the rebooking and refund conditions were different for the 2 legs.
Old Jun 23, 19, 3:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBD (*G), BA Bronze, KLM Gold, Emirates Silver
Just don't expect anything cheap.....

Search this Thread