Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Surprised [poor customer service]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surprised [poor customer service]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Worst take off was from Narita in an SK 767, seems there was a lot turbulent air at runway level, we were shaken so badly before even taking off that the a lot of the overhead lockers spang open. Luckily nothing heavy fell out. I guess we were past the point of no return and had to get up. The pilot did come on the PA to comment on the take off roll once we had cleared a bit of altitude.
I've had a similar experience on a Thai B747, although not as bad, but the service cabinet in first did spring open and stuff fell out. The problem was not the weather, but the poor maintenance of the bird. They had to tape the service cabinet to keep it shut even in smooth weather. Every time the bird had to go around a corner on the way to the runway it was squeaking and complaining. Going down the runway it felt like all the wheels was square rather than round. During landing it felt like the bird had no breaks.
On the way back we were flying on an even older B747 with an older cabin design and interior, but it was way better maintained. No squeaking, nice round wheels and proper breaks.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Yes it is "almost everything available over the internet". Almost.
And I use the app (or the website) to check in, because I don't want to use airport services. I don't have time, I don't like it - it doesn't matter.

In regards of the phone on weekends, it is interesting that "Help" section of the app says that international line is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am. So I called them - at 10 am, 11 am etc. But I was connected to Swedish speaking answering machine. One thing was in English finally - "for English press 5". So I pressed 5 - and it connected me to the same answering machine.

When it comes to "bad landing" somebody has already said something about it here. And as I said - maybe I was lucky to land in good weather conditions? Four times in a row? I don't know. I'm not saying that "bad landing" is only when pilots are "bad". However, I guess, they are not all on the same level. Probably, like in every other profession, there are better ones and... not so good ones ;-)
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:15 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by pjck
Yes it is "almost everything available over the internet". Almost.
And I use the app (or the website) to check in, because I don't want to use airport services. I don't have time, I don't like it - it doesn't matter.

In regards of the phone on weekends, it is interesting that "Help" section of the app says that international line is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am. So I called them - at 10 am, 11 am etc. But I was connected to Swedish speaking answering machine. One thing was in English finally - "for English press 5". So I pressed 5 - and it connected me to the same answering machine.

When it comes to "bad landing" somebody has already said something about it here. And as I said - maybe I was lucky to land in good weather conditions? Four times in a row? I don't know. I'm not saying that "bad landing" is only when pilots are "bad". However, I guess, they are not all on the same level. Probably, like in every other profession, there are better ones and... not so good ones ;-)
But you still haven't divulged exactly what you needed the phone service for. The topic is difficult to discuss without having idea of that, and it will be a general rant about SAS phone service. And the only clear thing about that, ist that is very different for a general customer and a SK EB elite member, as many of us in this thread are.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Since this is now a thread to share bad landings on SK ....

About 15 years ago, and this was the last bad landing on SK I can remember, I experienced an aborted landing in AAL, on an SK MD-80 (can't remember which model exactly). I was seating in row 1, good times, when my Aalborg employer would still buy me C class tickets for domestic rides (now it is down to DY/D8 this week ...). I always had a hunch that with wings quite in the back on the MD-80 design, seating in row 1, changes of altitude and acceleration were more perceptible than on other machines, and when seating in the back.

That time, the landing approach was really steep down, quite a bit more than I usually experienced. I actually got stressed. Most people did, because the plane got really quiet. Not a whisper . Then not far from the airport lane, the pilot has pulled quite steeply up, and aborted the approach. We did a loop and landed again, smoothly this time. The cabin was dead quiet the entire maneuver. Only after we landed, the pilot cared to tell us that he basically started the first approach too late, and we had to retry. For the 10-15 minutes the whole thing took, he did not say a word. We had no idea, whether it is the weather, or if there is a tech problem. Nothing. You could feel the panic in the silence in the room

I fly SK a lot, but never had a similarly stressful experience again.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Since we are at it....
​​​​​​This is a hard landing. Yet still not really a bad landing.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4c93f411&opt=0
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Well. it doesn't actually matter what I needed the service for. Something that is crucial and not available on the website.
Would you like to asses if my problem was important enough? No, sorry.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: More than one
Well. it doesn't actually matter what I needed the service for. Something that is crucial and not available on the website.
Well. It's hard to tell, but maybe the info you need is available online or trough other means your are not aware off. But not know what the issue is we can't really help you and this board is for helping people and sharing experiances, not ranting about poor service etc.
ksu and SK2751 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Unfortunately that is how Scandinavia operates. Instead of being concerned about an unhappy customer that might leave a gap in revenue, they'd rather shame you into complaining or try to prove you wrong.

Vote with your wallet, unhappy? Fly another airline (that's what I do).
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:21 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Unfortunately that is how Scandinavia operates. Instead of being concerned about an unhappy customer that might leave a gap in revenue, they'd rather shame you into complaining or try to prove you wrong.
Exactly what are you trying to express here? Who are "they". SAS? Or do you mean that the community here are shaming the OP just by asking him/her to clarify his/her post?
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose

Vote with your wallet, unhappy? Fly another airline (that's what I do).
Yet here you are?
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by SK2751
Since this is now a thread to share bad landings on SK ....

About 15 years ago, and this was the last bad landing on SK I can remember, I experienced an aborted landing in AAL, on an SK MD-80 (can't remember which model exactly). I was seating in row 1, good times, when my Aalborg employer would still buy me C class tickets for domestic rides (now it is down to DY/D8 this week ...). I always had a hunch that with wings quite in the back on the MD-80 design, seating in row 1, changes of altitude and acceleration were more perceptible than on other machines, and when seating in the back.

That time, the landing approach was really steep down, quite a bit more than I usually experienced. I actually got stressed. Most people did, because the plane got really quiet. Not a whisper . Then not far from the airport lane, the pilot has pulled quite steeply up, and aborted the approach. We did a loop and landed again, smoothly this time. The cabin was dead quiet the entire maneuver. Only after we landed, the pilot cared to tell us that he basically started the first approach too late, and we had to retry. For the 10-15 minutes the whole thing took, he did not say a word. We had no idea, whether it is the weather, or if there is a tech problem. Nothing. You could feel the panic in the silence in the room

I fly SK a lot, but never had a similarly stressful experience again.
Aviate, navigate, communicate, that's how the pilot's mantra goes. Would you have preferred a cool, calming bit of chatter and lack of focus on the missed approach? While not that much of a binary (pilots should be capable of some information in moderately complex situations) it's usually the case that pilots are supposed to focus more on the keeping the aircraft aloft.

I will admit though that certain cultures and airlines are much better at the whole human touch part of the job. I've had both aborted takeoffs and missed approach due to other aircraft sliding into our path on Southwest and gotten a bit more explanation in those cases.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:56 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by fassy
Doesn't help the OP but SK has 24/7 phone service for their Elites (EBG/EBD) with a very nice working priority system. Never waited more than perhaps 30 seconds after entering my EBD number. Even during the strike action or a mass irops due to bad weather.
There is 24/7 phone service available to EBG? That's news to me! I always thought it's for EBD only. Would you mind telling me the number?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick Art
There is 24/7 phone service available to EBG? That's news to me! I always thought it's for EBD only. Would you mind telling me the number?
It is the same number, you just dial it and punch in your eurobonus number, if gold, diamond, or pandion, you'll be connected to an agent, otherwise you'll be asked to call back in opening hours.
SK2751, Nick Art and DiamondMile like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.