Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS plus ticket - earlier flight same day

SAS plus ticket - earlier flight same day

Old Jun 9, 19, 6:21 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Europe
Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Posts: 837
SAS plus ticket - earlier flight same day

Dear all,
I read on a different forum that if you had a SAS plus ticket (no matter which type), you were allowed to change SAS flight to an earlier one on the same day free of charge if you met up at the gate? Is this true? And is it also true if you want to take a later plane that day?

Sincerely,

SB
strikerbird is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 7:22 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Posts: 1,062
Yes. If there are available seats on an earlier same day flight and you have a SAS Plus ticket, you just show up at the gate, and they will change your boarding card and ticket to that flight.
IT doesn't work for later flights. Here you have to change your booking to the later flight, either in the online booking tool, at the SAS service counters at the airports or by calling SAS. Depending on your ticket, this might be free of charge too.
highupinthesky is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 7:34 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CPH, BRU
Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBD (*G), BA Bronze, KLM Gold, Emirates Silver
Posts: 693
Can it be done at check in? Just in case you have luggage.
tgj1974 is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 8:08 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: AGH
Posts: 4,747
No, not possible with checked luggage.

If if you change the flight at check-in, they will rebook it.
fassy is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 8:11 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Programs: *G
Posts: 395
Does this work at airports without SK staff, like the German ones?
studentCPH is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 8:21 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: AGH
Posts: 4,747
Sometimes. YMMV

I think it is not a published benefit, rather a common practice.
fassy is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 8:29 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Europe
Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Posts: 837
This is quite interesting. So to use this benefit, you need to fly 'Plus' ticket and flying with no check in luggage. In that case, isn't it always a benefit to book the last SAS flight out from the city if you are unsure when you will be finished with a meeting or appointment?

SB

Last edited by strikerbird; Jun 9, 19 at 8:36 am
strikerbird is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 8:31 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: AGH
Posts: 4,747
Originally Posted by strikerbird View Post
In that case, isn't it always a benefit to book the last SAS flight out from the city if you are unsure when you will be finished with a meeting or appointment?

SB
That is what I do

but it doesn’t work all the times. Like 85%. Some agents refuse to add you to the earlier flights, sometimes the earlier flight is full.
fassy is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 8:39 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Europe
Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Posts: 837
Maybe pushing it, does anyone have experience getting the same experience when flying with 'Go' restricted, but with a Gold or Diamond card?
strikerbird is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 8:50 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: AGH
Posts: 4,747
As EBD from a SK hub, it used to work sometimes. Very rarely...
fassy is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 9:43 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 5,490
Originally Posted by strikerbird View Post
Maybe pushing it, does anyone have experience getting the same experience when flying with 'Go' restricted, but with a Gold or Diamond card?
Forget it - you need to be in SAS Plus.
SK AAR is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 9:49 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Europe
Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Posts: 837
Thanks everyone !
strikerbird is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 4:28 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Posts: 1,062
Originally Posted by strikerbird View Post
This is quite interesting. So to use this benefit, you need to fly 'Plus' ticket and flying with no check in luggage. In that case, isn't it always a benefit to book the last SAS flight out from the city if you are unsure when you will be finished with a meeting or appointment?
As long as you don't mind not to be able to fly at peak times, yes. I used to fly between CPH and ARN weekly and always booked the last flight when I was allowed to book Plus. Often it was hard to get on flight between 7-9 in the morning and 4-8 in the evening.
highupinthesky is offline  
Old Jun 13, 19, 12:12 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Posts: 1,482
Standby or “Flat Tire” policy on SAS

I know standby is not really something that exists in Europe but will they let you get on an earlier intra-Scandinavia flight for free if you’re a *G? If one is either in Go or Plus
On the reverse...if you miss a flight by an hour due to traffic or something will they put *Gs on the next available flight or are you stuck with buying a new tix?
dparkinson is offline  
Old Jun 13, 19, 12:42 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 9,548
Originally Posted by dparkinson View Post
I know standby is not really something that exists in Europe but will they let you get on an earlier intra-Scandinavia flight for free if you’re a *G? If one is either in Go or Plus
On the reverse...if you miss a flight by an hour due to traffic or something will they put *Gs on the next available flight or are you stuck with buying a new tix?
Plus tickets allows to standby for an earlier flight for free, later flights requires rebooking under the rules of the ticket. Go tickets require rebooking under the rules of the ticket.

They may show some leniency for Eurobonus Diamond and Pandion members. Expect no such grace for *G
CPH-Flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread