SAS Plus (Smart) to US

Old Jun 8, 19, 5:25 am
Original Poster

SAS Plus (Smart) to US

Dear all,

I booked a flight SAS Plus Smart from HAM to LAX (HAM-CPH-ARN-LAX and LAX-ARN-HAM). According to my investigations, I should have lounge access at all airports, but my itenerary says I have to pay extra for loungs access at CPH and ARN, and that I don't have loungs access in HAM and LAX.

Can anyone clarify for me? Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Xandir
Old Jun 8, 19, 5:51 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Did you book through a OTA or directly through SK?
Old Jun 8, 19, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Directly through SK.
Old Jun 8, 19, 5:53 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
That is strange. SK normally have the correct statements on their itineraries. You should have lounge access in ARN and CPH. I'm not sure about HAM and LAX. I can't remember whether SK have any lounges there.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Jun 8, 19 at 6:00 am
Old Jun 8, 19, 5:58 am

You can see the lounge policy here https://www.flysas.com/gb-en/fly-wit...lounge-access/
Old Jun 8, 19, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Ok, thanks for your information.

There is no SK lounge in HAM. I've heard of people who had access to the LH business lounge with an SAS Plus intra Europe ticket, but that was a long time ago.
Old Jun 8, 19, 6:06 am

On Intra Europa the Plus tickets normally give you lounge access, but it's not guaranteed. On Intercontinental flights I'm not so sure but try go to one of the *A lounges at LAX and try your luck. If LH have a lounge there, you probably will have the best chance there. The UA lounge will probably have the lowest change.
Old Jun 8, 19, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Ok, thank you for your help.

Just out of curiosity: you initially asked if I booked through the SK website or an OTA. Would that make a difference??
Old Jun 8, 19, 7:49 am

Your welcome.

Some OTA's and TA's doesn't have the correct mapping of SAS Plus to the service classes, but booked directly through SAS should have the correct mapping, so it's weird they state you don't have lounge access in ARN and CPH. HAM and LAX I understand as SK don't have own or contract lounges there and SAS Plus as a premium economy product do guarantee lounge access to other than SK owned or contracted lounges, but sometimes do give access to other *A lounges too. ARN and CPH should have read that you have access to the business lounge. No doubt about that.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Jun 8, 19 at 7:56 am
Old Jun 8, 19, 8:29 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
That is strange. SK normally have the correct statements on their itineraries. You should have lounge access in ARN and CPH. I'm not sure about HAM and LAX. I can't remember whether SK have any lounges there.
OP will have lounge access is HAM, CPH, and ARN. No lounge access in LAX. For short haul, Plus gives access to any SK business lounge and any *G star alliance business class lounge. For long haul, it gives access to SK Business lounges.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jun 8, 19 at 8:55 am
Old Jun 8, 19, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
OP will have lounge access is HAM, CPH, and ARN. No lounge access in LAX. For short haul, Plus gives access to any SK business lounge and any *G lounge. For long haul, it gives access to SK Business lounges.
Thanks for your answer. Are you sure though that I will have access to a *G lounge in HAM (which would be the LH Senator lounge)? My guess is I can access any *A business lounge.
Old Jun 8, 19, 8:38 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by xandir247 View Post
Thanks for your answer. Are you sure though that I will have access to a *G lounge in HAM (which would be the LH Senator lounge)? My guess is I can access any *A business lounge.
Yes, I am sure. It will not be the Senator Lounge, but the Lufthansa Business Lounge. The Senator Lounge required a *G card. If you have a *G status, add LAX to the list as well.
​​​​​
Old Jun 8, 19, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
OP will have lounge access is HAM, CPH, and ARN. No lounge access in LAX. For short haul, Plus gives access to any SK business lounge and any *G lounge. For long haul, it gives access to SK Business lounges.
SAS Plus does not give you access to *G lounges. Only *G does that. But I agree that normally SAS plus will give you access to *A business lounges on short haul. This is in the meantime not guaranteed, and if you ask SK they will say that your access is dependent on the other *A airlines interpretation of the service classes on your boarding card.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Jun 8, 19 at 8:43 am
Old Jun 8, 19, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by xandir247 View Post
Both the LH business lounges and the Senator lounges are *G lounges, just as both the SK Business lounge and SK Gold lounge are *G lounges. Your ticket will only give you access to the business lounges. You need *G status to access the SK gold or LH senator lounges using your ticket.
Old Jun 8, 19, 8:51 am

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
SAS Plus does not give you access to *G lounges. Only *G does that. But I agree that normally SAS plus will give you access to *A business lounges on short haul. This is in the meantime not guaranteed, and if you ask SK they will say that your access is dependent on the other *A airlines interpretation of the service classes on your boarding card.
Indeed, I should not have written *G lounge, but *Business lounges. But if your read the link you provided, there is no ambiguity in the lounge access for Plus in Europe. Destination Europe and Scandinavia, Star Alliance lounges on outbound flight YES. As HAM to CPH for the OP is outbound to Scandinavia, no doubt access to the Lufthansa Business class lounge.

Search this Thread