FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Do you earn 1 or 2 qualifying flights if there is a stop without change of aircraft? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1971445-do-you-earn-1-2-qualifying-flights-if-there-stop-without-change-aircraft.html)

volatum May 27, 2019 5:10 am

Do you earn 1 or 2 qualifying flights if there is a stop without change of aircraft?

On a normal connection, e.g. CPH-ARN-ORD, you would be credited for 2 one-way flights for qualifying purposes. But what about flights with stops that have the same plane and same flight number on each leg, e.g. SK4576 TRD-BOO-TOS?

Moreover, assuming that flying both legs of such a flight would only earn 1 one-way flight credit, what if you bought two separate tickets for each of the legs separately? Would this allow you to earn 2 flights? Certainly you would have to deplane and reboard again, which I assume would not be a problem.

ksu May 27, 2019 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by volatum (Post 31142220)
On a normal connection, e.g. CPH-ARN-ORD, you would be credited for 2 one-way flights for qualifying purposes. But what about flights with stops that have the same plane and same flight number on each leg, e.g. SK4576 TRD-BOO-TOS?

You boarded once, you bought one ticket, had one boarding pass and all was on one flight number. Thus one one-way flight credit.

Moreover, assuming that flying both legs of such a flight would only earn 1 one-way flight credit, what if you bought two separate tickets for each of the legs separately? Would this allow you to earn 2 flights? Certainly you would have to deplane and reboard again, which I assume would not be a problem.
In that case you would get credit for two legs, but at nearly double the price. As long as you are checked in for the second leg, most of the airports where this might bed done do not separate arriving and departure passengers. OSL does at some gates, but just a detour, no need to reclear security. SVG, BGO; TRD, BOO and TOS lets arriving passengers enter the departure hall directly, and so do ALF AFAIR.

AES (for TRD-AES-BGO) might be difficult, as well as MOL/KSU (for WF flights BGO-MOL-KSU-BGO or TRD-AES-KSU-TRD), as you usually will have to reclear security - not set up for connecting passengers. A request to the ground staff explaining the situation, will usually allow being taken directly to departures.

But as I stated: an expensive way to get extra legs!

MSPeconomist May 27, 2019 12:57 pm

In most FF programs, what matters is whether there's a change of flight number or not, assuming that everything is on the same ticket/PNR. It doesn't matter whether or not you change planes, have one boarding pass, etc. The term is direct flight.

ksu Jun 1, 2019 9:18 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31143333)
In most FF programs, what matters is whether there's a change of flight number or not, assuming that everything is on the same ticket/PNR. It doesn't matter whether or not you change planes, have one boarding pass, etc. The term is direct flight.

This was a SAS question. AFAIK SAS does not have direct flights where there is a change of gauge, i.e. keeping the same flight number but change the physical plane at an intermediate stop.