SAS Plus Longhaul - Snacks Free?

Old May 25, 19, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ & A3 Gold, AZ Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG & Accor Plat
SAS Plus Longhaul - Snacks Free?

I just came off a flight from HKG-CPH in SAS Plus and asked for some chips/crisps during the flight from the menu and was told this was only possible for a fee and was not complementary... I mentioned I was surprised and asked the flight attendant if she was sure and she said yes.

I've been flying SAS Plus from Asia to Europe many times before and recall usually anything off the menu (i.e. the snacks and the sweets) is free (just like it is in SAS Plus intra-Europe) but I cannot find the exact rules on the SAS website!

Have I always been lucky or was this flight attendant just not aware? ;-) Thanks!
Old May 25, 19, 6:24 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
On SH and LH it is complimentary according to the menu, but someone in the management decided that SK charges for chips in Plus on LH. It is ridiculous when you think about the price tag of those chips. Well, I would likely just buy them and ask for a refund from CS, referring to the menu.
Old May 25, 19, 9:37 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
On SH and LH it is complimentary according to the menu, but someone in the management decided that SK charges for chips in Plus on LH. It is ridiculous when you think about the price tag of those chips. Well, I would likely just buy them and ask for a refund from CS, referring to the menu.
The menues are different on SH and LH, and you can't use what's stated in the menu on a SH flight as justification for a LH flight.
Old May 26, 19, 1:21 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
The menues are different on SH and LH, and you can't use what's stated in the menu on a SH flight as justification for a LH flight.
The topic is actually quite old, 1 1/2 or 2 years. So maybe they have fixed the issue lately and it is not written in the LH menu anymore that the items are complimentary in Plus. At least it was stated in the LH menu for a long period despite a different policy.
Old May 26, 19, 1:25 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
The topic is actually quite old, 1 1/2 or 2 years. So maybe they have fixed the issue lately and it is not written in the LH menu anymore that the items are complimentary in Plus. At least it was stated in the LH menu for a long period despite a different policy.
??? This tread was stated yesterday. Answering with 1-2 your old knowledge is kind of stupid IMHO.
Old May 27, 19, 2:54 am
aju

Programs: SK Diamond *G
I'm a bit surprised about this. I get the opposite view from this:
  • Nyt en treretters middag om bord på SAS-flygninger. Dette inkluderer noe å drikke samt snacks før middag, forrett, hovedrett (to valg), dessert og te eller kaffe. Før landing får du en nydelig frokost eller et lett måltid. Du kan også nyte juice, vann og snacks mellom måltidene.
Old May 27, 19, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by aju View Post
I'm a bit surprised about this. I get the opposite view from this:
Isn't what you quoted for business? OP's post is related to plus on LH
Old May 27, 19, 3:51 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Only two choices for the main that should be Plus. Busines has 3 or 4 options usually.
Old May 27, 19, 5:49 am
aju

No, the text I quoted is for SAS Plus on longhaul (https://www.sas.no/fly-med-oss/reiseklasser/), consistent with the title of this thread, "SAS Plus on Longhaul"
Old May 27, 19, 11:23 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by aju View Post
No, the text I quoted is for SAS Plus on longhaul (https://www.sas.no/fly-med-oss/reiseklasser/), consistent with the title of this thread, "SAS Plus on Longhaul"
Similar information can be found also on their Swedish website (bolding mine):

Njut av en trerätters middag på flygningar som utförs av SAS. Den omfattar en drink och snacks före maten, förrätt, huvudrätt (två alternativ) samt dessert med kaffe eller te. Före landningen erbjuder vi en utsökt frukost eller lätt måltid. Du har dessutom tillgång till juice, vatten och snacks mellan måltiderna.
Although there may exists different definitions of what a "snack" is, I am pretty confident that chips is one of the items falling in the intersection of these definitions...
SK2751 likes this.
Old May 29, 19, 6:35 am
aju

I sent an e-mail to SAS, and thei replied:
Jag har nu fått svar på det här ärendet att det som står på hemsidan ska gälla.Så om det står att man ska få snacks där så ska det stämma.
Old May 29, 19, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ & A3 Gold, AZ Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG & Accor Plat
Interesting - although it doesn't really confirm the snacks so much! Seems like there is indeed some room for interpretation by the cabin crew..
Old May 31, 19, 4:23 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by Bobdh13 View Post
Interesting - although it doesn't really confirm the snacks so much! Seems like there is indeed some room for interpretation by the cabin crew..
You will either be asked to pay or be proactively be offered chips with your drink, the latter was the case on my ARN-ORD about two months ago.

Search this Thread