SK 2762 this morning [WAW-CPH 21NAY19]

Old May 21, 19, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
SK 2762 this morning [WAW-CPH 21NAY19]

It's been quite an ordeal this morning in WAW as SK 2762 appeared to have no crew (overheard gate staff talking), then "operational delay" has been announced, and pax were gossiping about tech (I have not heard anything definite about it though). Does anybody has access to some system that can tell me what has happened (SK 2762 MAY 21, from WAW)?

Of course, there was no priority line (typical WAW) and the line was quite a zoo, with lots of irritated folks on TATL connections. The gate staff behaved as if the flight was effectively cancelled (although technically this was a delay of unknown duration). They rebooked about 70% of PAX on later flights and alternative connections (super effectively) only to suddenly announce that they are boarding and departing with the remaining 30% pax after 130 minutes of delay. Freaking annoying - I was one of the rebooked ones and there was no way to make it back to SK 2762 when boarding was announed. They would not be able to reload checked luggage. One time a year I have a checked bag and IRROPS happen, grrrr... I envy another fellow EBD who only had a cabin bag and was smoothly rebooked to LO and is reliably already in CPH (I wouldn't make it because retrieving my bag from the delayed SK flight was too slow).

Now I have 2 hours of waiting to cure my helplessness in the lounge, while thinking about my flight happily flying to my destination without me
Old May 21, 19, 1:02 am

Sorry to hear.... irops at WAW are one of the worst experiences you can have. Not sure what is broken with the LOT staff but I always had the most miserable experience there. So bad, I do not even bother waiting for talking to them. Always call SK and deal with the phone agent for rebookings and if I need an accommodation for the night, Iíll just go over to the Courtyard or Renaissance and send in the invoice later with my claim. Never had a problem.

You can call SK and ask them about the reason for the delay. Might need to HUCA but Inhaber got some decent answers before.
Old May 21, 19, 1:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
It's been quite an ordeal this morning in WAW as SK 2762 appeared to have no crew (overheard gate staff talking), then "operational delay" has been announced, and pax were gossiping about tech (I have not heard anything definite about it though). Does anybody has access to some system that can tell me what has happened (SK 2762 MAY 21, from WAW)?

Code:
DOSK2762
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO *            SK2762    0 TU 21MAY19   
CITY INFO                                       HOUR (LOCAL)    
WAW  ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE                0900            
     DELAY AIRCRAFT DEFECTS                     0000            
     LEFT THE GATE                              0829            
     TOOK OFF                                   0853            
     ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  0947     CPH    

*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              SK2762    0 TU 21MAY19    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL  
WAW          0605  TU CDZJRYSBPA/M  E/G   CR9         1:20      
                      MHQVWUKLTOG/G                             
                      N/G                                       
CPH 0725  TU                                                1:20

COMMENTS-
 1.WAW CPH   - AIRCRAFT OWNER CITYJET                           
 2.WAW CPH   - OPERATED BY CITYJET                              
 3.WAW CPH   - ARRIVES TERMINAL 3                               
 4.WAW CPH   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                    
 5.WAW CPH   -  CO2/PAX* 101.43 KG ECO, 101.43 KG PRE           
 (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
[code]

DHSK2762
SK 2762 /21MAY19
1.0342Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW NEXT INFO WILL BE AT 0605
2.0342Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW PLANE IS LATE (IN HOURS MINUTES)
3.0412Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0750 CPH
4.0412Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 0630
5.0412Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW DELAY TD
6.0413Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW NEXT INFO WILL BE AT 0700
7.0413Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW PLANE IS LATE (IN HOURS MINUTES)
8.0423Z X MADWWIB 2WAW NEXT INFO WILL BE AT 0720
9.0500Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0850 CPH
10.0500Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 0730
11.0500Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW DELAY TD
12.0500Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW NEXT INFO WILL BE AT 0730
13.0500Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW PLANE IS LATE (IN HOURS MINUTES)
14.0505Z X MADWWIB 2WAW NEXT INFO WILL BE AT 0800
15.0505Z X MADWWIB 2WAW PLANE IS LATE (IN HOURS MINUTES) 0000
16.0512Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0935 CPH
17.0512Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 0815
18.0512Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW DELAY TD
19.0513Z X MADWWIB 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0935 CPH
20.0513Z X MADWWIB 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 0815
21.0513Z X MADWWIB 2WAW DELAY TD
22.0533Z X 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0930 CPH
23.0627Z X MADWWIB 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 1020 CPH
24.0627Z MADWWIB 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 0900
25.0627Z MADWWIB 2WAW DELAY TD
26.0654Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0947 CPH
27.0654Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW LEFT THE GATE 0829
TOOK OFF 0853
28.0654Z X WAWOOXH 2WAW PLANE IS LATE (IN HOURS MINUTES) 0210
PLANE IS LATE (IN HOURS MINUTES) 0014
29.0654Z CPHBOSK 2WAW ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0947 CPH
30.0654Z CPHBOSK 2WAW LEFT THE GATE 0829
TOOK OFF 0853
[code]
Old May 21, 19, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Dah. Looks like tech (as far as I can read the gibberish). Half a day wasted, and not even a comp
Old May 21, 19, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by fassy View Post
irops at WAW are one of the worst experiences you can have. Not sure what is broken with the LOT staff but I always had the most miserable experience there.
Quite the opposite if you ask me (despite LOT's hopeless operational records): small airport, relatively easy to talk to a member of staff (e.g. customer services' desk near gate 26/ING internet point, lounge staff normally very approachable etc.). It was quite a mess yesterday because of the usual thunderstorms - I got rebooked and was handed my new boarding passes in less than 5 minutes (my itinerary had a Croatia segment in it so not the most straight-forward). Just an example of course but that's more-or-less what I've always experienced in donkey's years of flying in and out of Warsaw on a weekly basis

G
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old May 21, 19, 2:31 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others

Of course, there was no priority line (typical WAW) and the line was quite a zoo, with lots of irritated folks on TATL connections. The gate staff behaved as if the flight was effectively cancelled (although technically this was a delay of unknown duration). They rebooked about 70% of PAX on later flights and alternative connections (super effectively) only to suddenly announce that they are boarding and departing with the remaining 30% pax after 130 minutes of delay. Freaking annoying - I was one of the rebooked ones and there was no way to make it back to SK 2762 when boarding was announed. They would not be able to reload checked luggage. One time a year I have a checked bag and IRROPS happen, grrrr... I envy another fellow EBD who only had a cabin bag and was smoothly rebooked to LO and is reliably already in CPH (I wouldn't make it because retrieving my bag from the delayed SK flight was too slow).

Now I have 2 hours of waiting to cure my helplessness in the lounge, while thinking about my flight happily flying to my destination without me
Sorry to hear.... irops at WAW are one of the worst experiences you can have. Not sure what is broken with the LOT staff but I always had the most miserable experience there. So bad, I do not even bother waiting for talking to them. Always call SK and deal with the phone agent for rebookings and if I need an accommodation for the night, I’ll just go over to the Courtyard or Renaissance and send in the invoice later with my claim. Never had a problem.

You can call SK and ask them about the reason for the delay. Might need to HUCA but Inhaber got some decent answers before.

Dah. Looks like tech (as far as I can read the gibberish). Half a day wasted, and not even a comp
I'm not sure it's the LOT staf which is the issues. IRROPS with SK wetlease seems to be handled by the wetlease airline and not SK. Had a bad experience in PRG about a year ago. Flight scheduled to be operated by a CRJ1000 from Air Nostume. The plane has been late since early morning, and the delay just become longer and longer. When scheduled departure had passed I called SK and asked what happens since the flight was still listed as on time and the plane haven't even left CPH yet. The lady I talked to said the flight was ontime, but couldn't explain why it can be listed as ontime when it still haven't departed and we were now 30 min. past scheduled departure time and boarding hasn't stated either. She couldn't see it still haven't left CPH
First time I checked the status of the plane was about 6 hours before scheduled departure. The picture was the same for all the legs. They were all listed as being on time right till the moment of actual departure. Once departed the leg was announced delayed. It was the same no matter whether the departure was from CPH or an out station.
Old May 21, 19, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
Quite the opposite if you ask me (despite LOT's hopeless operational records): small airport, relatively easy to talk to a member of staff (e.g. customer services' desk near gate 26/ING internet point, lounge staff normally very approachable etc.). It was quite a mess yesterday because of the usual thunderstorms - I got rebooked and was handed my new boarding passes in less than 5 minutes (my itinerary had a Croatia segment in it so not the most straight-forward). Just an example of course but that's more-or-less what I've always experienced in donkey's years of flying in and out of Warsaw on a weekly basis
Lucky you. For me WAW (and actually the whole city of Warsaw) seems to be my personal service hell. Rude, un-attentive and unwilling are the three words coming to my mind. Be it LOT staff, the airport security guys, taxi drivers, hotel staff or restaurant personal. Perhaps it is me. But Warsaw is the one city I would gladly strike from my regular travel but can't since we have an office there and I need to drop by my staff at least every second week.

In every single instance of IROPS in WAW the procedure was the same: Got barked at by the agent at the gate to move out to the ticket counters (not the service desk next to gate 26), find a huge queue which obviously no priority handling whatever. I waited one time for them to clear the queue. By then actually 3 alternative flights left. Finally getting to the head of the queue they refused to book me on LO or LH and I was put up a some hotel dump half an hour from the airport. NEVER AGAIN.

By the way, never had any bad experience and only good memory about GDN, WRO or KRK (and the cities...) and always looking forward to go there.

Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
I'm not sure it's the LOT staf which is the issues. IRROPS with SK wetlease seems to be handled by the wetlease airline and not SK.
I don't think so, I think the flights are handled by the same company which handles the SK flights. In WAW this is LOT (or used to be, never really cared to check in the last few years as I never drop bags or need any assistance on ground). Why should a wet-lease operator even have ground handling? They lease out their plane and crew to the airline and operates behalf of the airline but used the airlines services, including the ground services.

Had a bad experience in PRG about a year ago. Flight scheduled to be operated by a CRJ1000 from Air Nostume. The plane has been late since early morning, and the delay just become longer and longer. When scheduled departure had passed I called SK and asked what happens since the flight was still listed as on time and the plane haven't even left CPH yet. The lady I talked to said the flight was ontime, but couldn't explain why it can be listed as ontime when it still haven't departed and we were now 30 min. past scheduled departure time and boarding hasn't stated either. She couldn't see it still haven't left CPH
First time I checked the status of the plane was about 6 hours before scheduled departure. The picture was the same for all the legs. They were all listed as being on time right till the moment of actual departure. Once departed the leg was announced delayed. It was the same no matter whether the departure was from CPH or an out station.
These things happen. I had similar things also with SK operated flights.
Old May 21, 19, 10:18 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
I don't think so, I think the flights are handled by the same company which handles the SK flights. In WAW this is LOT (or used to be, never really cared to check in the last few years as I never drop bags or need any assistance on ground). Why should a wet-lease operator even have ground handling? They lease out their plane and crew to the airline and operates behalf of the airline but used the airlines services, including the ground services.
Most of the work related to IRROPS are not handled by the ground handling company, but by a back office. If a plane goes tech it's the back office who decide whether it should be canceled, delayed, replaced or what ever. The same if crew is delayed, sick etc. The only work the ground handling company does is helping with passenger information and rebooking if this is the decision from the back office.
To me it looks like each aircraft operation company are handling the back office part them self. Which is probably why we seldom see a switch of operator in case of IRROPS.
The back office part is really what makes or breaks IRROPS handling.
Old May 21, 19, 10:28 am

The only work the ground handling company does is helping with passenger information and rebooking if this is the decision from the back office.
But that is exactly the point. I couldn't care less what is done in the background/back office. For me, the pax, the experience at the airport is the one thing which makes the difference. Remember, not all people use the SK app or have their cell phone registered and actually need to queue up a service counter to get rebooked or get information they have been rebooked. And this is done by LOT staff in WAW (or has been the case for some year), and at least for me, a very bad experience... every single time. Until I found out I calling the EBD line will be the easy way out.
Old May 21, 19, 11:29 am
Original Poster

SK in WAW is handled by SK's own staff (and I think also some ground handling company as support, but not LO - the airport one). In any case, they were fast, and they always say that EBD can approach the counter ignoring the queue (I just feel uncomfortable doing that, given how many people are miserable and I travel on a direct short stretch). A simple paper sign would make it for me. Today it was SK backoffice that was undecided how much the flight is delayed, or perhaps cancelled.

The local team at the gate worked very fast to rebook most of the pax on spot (we did not have to go anywhere else).

On the positive side: the first time ever I have seen a priority boarding sign at SK gate in WAW today, and a separate queue.
Old May 21, 19, 12:14 pm

SK in WAW is handled by SK's own staff (and I think also some ground handling company as support, but not LO - the airport one). In any case, they were fast, and they always say that EBD can approach the counter ignoring the queue
Really? Then they must have changed that. Like I said, my unpleasant experiences were some years back, since then its always the phone.
Old May 21, 19, 12:48 pm

In any case, they were fast, and they always say that EBD can approach the counter ignoring the queue (I just feel uncomfortable doing that, given how many people are miserable and I travel on a direct short stretch). A simple paper sign would make it for me.
It's quite strange they don't have a priority sign for *A at least.

Today it was SK backoffice that was undecided how much the flight is delayed, or perhaps cancelled.
I think the backoffice in this case was Cityjet. The flight was scheduled to be on a CRJ900 as far as I could see.
Old May 21, 19, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

It's quite strange they don't have a priority sign for *A at least.

I think the backoffice in this case was Cityjet. The flight was scheduled to be on a CRJ900 as far as I could see.
That's quite possible. I have no idea how IRROPs backoffice is arranged between CityJet and SK. The gate staff (so the front office) are (obviously) the same folks for both.

Really? Then they must have changed that. Like I said, my unpleasant experiences were some years back, since then its always the phone.
I have experienced this several times: in the past I passed by the queue, waited until the current pax is served, and cut in for the front of the queue stating that I am EB gold or diamond. Worked several times. I just hate doing that. Not sure if it works for other *G.

Today, I did not cut the line, I just waited (and another EBD behind me in the queue). I was instructed by the gate agent that I shouldn't have waited, but should've cut the queue. Still hate doing that .

I also do the calling trick, but at least once I had a problem with calling - I think when the flight is not cancelled officially, only delayed, the hotline only rebooks on SK flights, while the airport can do more. I have to say that every single time since I have status, the rebooking options with SK from WAW were super flexible. They easily rebook on other *A partners, even if I just save an hour on the rebooking (with respect to the next SK flight), or if I don't really earn anything but lower a risk of accumulating delay.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 22, 19 at 1:42 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old May 21, 19, 1:46 pm

I was instructed by the gate agent that I shouldn't have waited, but should've cut the queue. Still hate doing that .
Also would hate to do that. And I would hate it, if other would do it while I wait in the line. Having a dedicated line for status and J/Plus pax is a much better and not so socially awkward setup.

I also do the calling trick, but at least once I had a problem with calling - I think when the flight is not cancelled officially, only delayed, the hotline only rebooks on SK flights, while the airport can do more. I have to say that every single time since I have status, the rebooking options with SK from WAW were super flexible. They easily rebook on other *A partners, even if I just save an hour on the rebooking (with respect to the next SK flight), or if I don't really earn anything but lower a risk of accumulating delay.
Just once had a problem calling in. Funny enough it was also in WAW, like last year. The agent on the phone couldn't see the flight being cancelled in her system but after some sweet-talking and convincing her it is really canceled, she rebooked me without any trouble on LH over FRA back home.
Old May 21, 19, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Also would hate to do that. And I would hate it, if other would do it while I wait in the line. Having a dedicated line for status and J/Plus pax is a much better and not so socially awkward setup.
Perhaps I should have a chat with the nice lady doing the rebooking to explain to her how Scandinavians feel about such socially awkward situations (this is very much unlike many Poles). Perhaps this will help Fortunately, I don't expect to experience an IRROP there any time soon. It used to be a problem every 5-10 trips, especially in the winter. But recently I experience an IRROP every 100 trips or so. Overall I am quite happy about the reliability and also about handling by SAS.
highupinthesky likes this.

Search this Thread