Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Retroclaim issue - Is there anyone I can talk to?

Old May 2, 19, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB LTPE+C2000, EK Gold, TK *S, SPG PP+Amb+LTPP, IHG Platinum, Accorhotels Gold

Good afternoon all,

I am new to SAS Eurobonus and I am getting a little lost with the retroclaim process, that seems to take ages. I took a flight with TK in Business from IST to RUH on February 25th and my points did not post to EuroBonus.
I used the retroclaim form, and received an email more than a week later asking me to send my ticket and boarding pass, which I did immediately, and then nothing. I waited for another 2 weeks and re-sent an e-mail to the address provided, and got a reply back asking for my BP and ticket which I re-sent again, and then nothing. It has been more than 2 months now, and it seems that no one wants to look into that matter.

Is there anyone I can talk to to get that resolved?

Thanks in advance for your valuable help!
olivedel
Old May 2, 19, 8:48 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Which e-mail have you been communicating with?
The retro claim team do sometime take a long time to solve a claim and can be unresponsive for a long time. This also happens to diamond members. Besides. All communication with them has to be in English.

If you are at Diamond level, use the diamond mail addr. they can often help with everything
Old May 2, 19, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB LTPE+C2000, EK Gold, TK *S, SPG PP+Amb+LTPP, IHG Platinum, Accorhotels Gold
Originally Posted by highupinthesky View Post
Which e-mail have you been communicating with?
[email protected]

The retro claim team do sometime take a long time to solve a claim and can be unresponsive for a long time. This also happens to diamond members. Besides. All communication with them has to be in English.
I was indeed communicating in English, and, unfortunately, I am not yet at Diamond Level.

I tried social servicing through Facebook, but they are extremely busy with the current strike, which I understand of course!
Old May 2, 19, 9:49 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Originally Posted by olivedel View Post
[email protected]
I was indeed communicating in English, and, unfortunately, I am not yet at Diamond Level.
I tried social servicing through Facebook, but they are extremely busy with the current strike, which I understand of course!
It's the same mail adr. I use, so I suggest you wait till a couple of days after the strike and try facebook again.
Old May 7, 19, 8:32 am
Original Poster

It's the same mail adr. I use, so I suggest you wait till a couple of days after the strike and try facebook again.
Will do that, thanks for the advice. However, as of now, all contacts through messenger seem to be blocked.
Old May 7, 19, 9:52 am

I had points posted within days, but also sometimes it took close to 3 months... (as EBG/D). If you do not need the points urgently to book an award, just wait. But even if, I don't think there is a way to expedite the process.
Old May 7, 19, 4:06 pm

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
That's slow - I just did a SK flight credit to my TK account and it's instant.
Old May 7, 19, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by nacho View Post
That's slow - I just did a SK flight credit to my TK account and it's instant.
Often enough it works instantly using the online system. Almost always with SK flights, for *A flights my quote is 50/50 that the online system works. But if that fails and some human needs to manually follow up, it can take forever.

I guess at the moment the case load is very high due to all the reroutings caused by the strike action. So, it probably takes much longer than in normal times.
Old May 8, 19, 1:54 pm

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Originally Posted by fassy View Post

Often enough it works instantly using the online system. Almost always with SK flights, for *A flights my quote is 50/50 that the online system works. But if that fails and some human needs to manually follow up, it can take forever.

I guess at the moment the case load is very high due to all the reroutings caused by the strike action. So, it probably takes much longer than in normal times.
That's getting to LH's standard - I tried to retroclaim my kids miles to their jetfriends programme and it took 4 emails to explain and re-sent boarding passes more than twice just to get 500 miles into their account! I wanted to give up but since I started the process I can't just cancel it.
Old May 8, 19, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by nacho View Post
That's getting to LH's standard - I tried to retroclaim my kids miles to their jetfriends programme and it took 4 emails to explain and re-sent boarding passes more than twice just to get 500 miles into their account! I wanted to give up but since I started the process I can't just cancel it.
Well. You can always just not reply to their e-mail's. They wont chase you.

Despite that. I wonder how you are supposed to send a copy of the boarding pass if you uses the app for check-in and don't have a physical copy of the boarding pass. In the LH app, they are stored for a couple of months, but in the SAS app and a lot of other app's they are deleted automatically 24 hours after the plane has landed.
Old May 8, 19, 4:22 pm

I store all boarding passes in the iPhone wallet... going back since the airlines added that option...

I think the boarding pass is not required for a retro claim, it is good enough to provide the booking reference and say, sorry lost the boarding pass. They can look up you were on the flight.

Actually one time - with Sk - I had an issue that my flight did not credit and they told me via the retro claim team that I didnít board the flight... even though I did send in the boarding pass.

Seems the agent messed up the boarding procedure and the FAs didnít do their head count...

anyway, after pointing out that I took the return just 18 hours later and that there would be no way to get to HEL some other way they just credited the points without any comment.
Old May 8, 19, 7:37 pm

Actually one time - with Sk - I had an issue that my flight did not credit and they told me via the retro claim team that I didnít board the flight... even though I did send in the boarding pass.
Seems the agent messed up the boarding procedure and the FAs didnít do their head count...
It's probably more likely that the data transfer between the boarding system and the EB system messed up. Specially on some of the old SK systems data verification wasn't a focus area. Often the receiving system would simply drop data lines which wasn't 100% correct, and in come cases it wouldn't throw an error or notification for manual followup. Errors could be as simple as if you have a long name or a middle name, you name on the boarding card would in some cases be truncated, but once the boarding data was passed to the EB system, it dropped the data because the name didn't match anymore.
Old May 9, 19, 3:06 am

Well, I don't think it was a issue between EuroBonus and the boarding system since after check-in the boarding records they insisted I did not board the flight. (btw, I do not have a middle name, my first name is 4 letters and my last name 6 letters... without any special characters or hyphen, hardly a problem). It was a regional flight in Sweden (AGH-ARN), and I think the agent just screwed up the boarding procedure when the cattle started rolling in.
Old May 9, 19, 6:52 am

Well, I don't think it was a issue between EuroBonus and the boarding system since after check-in the boarding records they insisted I did not board the flight. (btw, I do not have a middle name, my first name is 4 letters and my last name 6 letters... without any special characters or hyphen, hardly a problem). It was a regional flight in Sweden (AGH-ARN), and I think the agent just screwed up the boarding procedure when the cattle started rolling in.
I'm still more inclined to believe it was a system bug. Until some years ago, the retro claim team did not have direct access to the actual boarding records. The only had direct access to a copy, and this copy wasn't always an exact copy. You are not the first to be told you weren't on the flight, but after a check in the real boarding record they changed their mind.
If the agent would have screwed up, it would also mean that the flight crew should have screwed up (not counting the passenger) and the captain, for not comparing the numbers he get from the gate and from the crew. At least 4 people would have had to screw up for the boarding record to be wrong.
The name error was just one of many. I mentioned it because it's one which happened so unbelievable often that it was one of the first which was added to the manual check list. Some of the rear ones would not show up anywhere. They wouldn't be discovered until the PAX complained and the agent did a manual check of the actual boarding record and their local copy.
Old May 13, 19, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Quick update: After a quick call to a very helpful EuroBonus agent, we were able to retroclaim these mails through the website. TK changed my ticket number only for one leg (no idea why) and I did find this ticket number in an e-mail I received from them.
I insist on the fact that the agent was very patient, and took into account that I was a seasoned traveler in the way he handled my case. Very impressed!

Search this Thread