Upgrade at airport

Old Apr 30, 19, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade at airport

Quick question (and I feel a bit silly for asking this as I know things you read online are often inaccurate) I read somewhere that SAS often sells upgrades at the airport for cheaper than the upgrade bids - does anyone have experience with this and when do you ask? At the check in counter or the gate?

Last edited by quoo; Apr 30, 19 at 2:49 pm
Old Apr 30, 19, 2:51 pm

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
It all depends on the seat availability. Sometime it's sold at the check-in and at the lounge and others at the gate. It's been a while since I used the airport upgrade last so I don't know the current prices but last time I think it was $300 SFO-CPH. But you won't get any additional EB points/miles on the airport upgrade. You only get that on the bidding upgrade.
quoo and jerjeffr like this.
Old Apr 30, 19, 4:42 pm

I checked last week from SFO-CPH it was 499$ for sas plus and 799$ for sas business. Far higher than the minimum bid you could do i think. I asked at check in
Old Apr 30, 19, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Anubis13 View Post
I checked last week from SFO-CPH it was 499$ for sas plus and 799$ for sas business. Far higher than the minimum bid you could do i think. I asked at check in
yeah, got the same experience here. The days of $150 upgrades to Plus and $300 to Business are over
Old Apr 30, 19, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Ah! Glad I asked then! Maybe Iíll put one in then. Are they good about keeping families together?
Old May 1, 19, 12:14 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
They for sure will not move other paying pax to accommodate upgrades. You will basically have a choice from whichever seats that have not been allocated.

Search this Thread