Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

First A350 for SK is now being built [merged A350 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First A350 for SK is now being built [merged A350 thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Enjoy the launch event.

SAS's marketing material and talk won't mean as much as experiencing as a passenger whatever it is that SK offers for passengers in the main on these planes by actually flying in the back of the SK A350 flying buses. Maybe SK should launch included lifetime chiropractor visits for anyone who flies SAS Go/economy class long-haul on the SK A350s at least 12 times within 12 days? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to be part of the SK launch event, but it may well be needed by those who do that even within 24 days.
The main part will be what pitch is SK going for, and what type of seats are they going for. If those two are the same as the renewed A340 cabins except the one more seat per row, there is little to worry about. Unless of course you feel that the current A340 seats are in dire need of improvement. A launch event without an actual plane present, should still be able to give good answers to those points.

And anyone doing 12 long haul flights in 12 days deserves a prize oneway or another
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Enjoy the launch event.

SAS's marketing material and talk won't mean as much as experiencing as a passenger whatever it is that SK offers for passengers in the main on these planes by actually flying in the back of the SK A350 flying buses. Maybe SK should launch included lifetime chiropractor visits for anyone who flies SAS Go/economy class long-haul on the SK A350s at least 12 times within 12 days? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to be part of the SK launch event, but it may well be needed by those who do that even within 24 days.
The event was not super exciting, but not bad. It was a good networking opportunity in the Scandinavian community in town. There was very little specific information on the planes or Haneda for that matter.

I did get to ask about seats in the A350, and the answer was the same pitch and seats as A340 in Y just one seat more per row as it is a wider cabin. J same seats as well, though a bit bigger again due to the wider cabin. Let's see what reality is though....
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The event was not super exciting, but not bad. It was a good networking opportunity in the Scandinavian community in town. There was very little specific information on the planes or Haneda for that matter.

I did get to ask about seats in the A350, and the answer was the same pitch and seats as A340 in Y just one seat more per row as it is a wider cabin. J same seats as well, though a bit bigger again due to the wider cabin. Let's see what reality is though....
That's what SAS has talked about before about the seats, but I trust the talk about that only in so much as I can verify it.

I hope they fed you well.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
On its way now: https://www.flightradar24.com/SASA350/2303045e
Old Nov 29, 2019, 5:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The interiors of the A350 will be very similar if not the same as for the A330E and the refurb A330/340. remember they made the seating and interior decsions at the same time as ordering the A330E and A350.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:36 am

Landed at CPH!
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:55 am
Suspended

I saw it fly already today on approach to land. And saw it better than Sarah Palin when she claimed to be looking at the neighboring country from her backyard.

Fortunately, I won't have to be a guinea pig on it in the back of the flying bus until mid-way into Q1 2020.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
I saw it fly already today on approach to land. And saw it better than Sarah Palin when she claimed to be looking at the neighboring country from her backyard.

Fortunately, I won't have to be a guinea pig on it in the back of the flying bus until mid-way into Q1 2020.
You are free to choose where in the plane, you want to sit when buying the ticket.
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
You are free to choose where in the plane, you want to sit when buying the ticket.
And I’m at least as free to make my assessment about how it is to be in the back of the flying bus on the SK A350 after doing so.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess I will have to wait until June 2020 minimum. That's when they hinted that we would see it in Tokyo. .Narita or Haneda,
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: More than one
The SK#2 A350 has been painted and have the engines installed. The picture is from the 28/11

The SK#3 A350 has also been painted, but it looks like it was painted before the SK#2 A350. The picture is from 1/12, but it's taken outside the paint booth, while the picture of the SK#2 is taken while it was still in the paint boot.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:07 am

Does anyone know whether the go-around when SE-RSA arrived at CPH on it's first ferry flight were intentional or a missed aproach?
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...e-rsa#2303045e

Last edited by highupinthesky; Dec 3, 2019 at 3:12 am
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:30 am
Suspended

I repeatedly see those kind of approaches to land at CPH even when I am on the planes doing that. And it seems so normal to me those times that I wouldn’t generally attribute it to an accidental/missed approach. It’s more typical of a holding pattern when it comes to my flights doing this thing.

More than a few times a year when headed to land at CPH, I can see my homes once or even twice because of this exact kind of full loop.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:42 am

I repeatedly see those kind of approaches to land at CPH even when I am on the planes doing that. And it seems so normal to me those times that I wouldn’t generally attribute it to an accidental/missed approach. It’s more typical of a holding pattern when it comes to my flights doing this thing.

More than a few times a year when headed to land at CPH, I can see my homes once or even twice because of this exact kind of full loop.
So far I've only experienced one go around in my life, and that was on a Swiss flight.

SE-RSA was landing on the cross runway, and not the normal parallel runways. The cross runway were only used for a couple of hours around SE-RSA's arrival, so I wonder whether this were planned, sort of like the touch and go at CPH for LN-RPG on it's last revenue flight.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
So far I've only experienced one go around in my life, and that was on a Swiss flight.

SE-RSA was landing on the cross runway, and not the normal parallel runways. The cross runway were only used for a couple of hours around SE-RSA's arrival, so I wonder whether this were planned, sort of like the touch and go at CPH for LN-RPG on it's last revenue flight.
It definitely wasn’t an emergency.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.