Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS pilots on strike in April 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS pilots on strike in April 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:07 pm

Just booked CPH-WAW-CPH, outbound Sunday, inbound Tuesday. According to the website the flights should operate even if the strike action will happen.

Seems the CR9 fleet is not affected as the are operated by cityjet.

Guess same is true for the ATRs
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
Just booked CPH-WAW-CPH, outbound Sunday, inbound Tuesday. According to the website the flights should operate even if the strike action will happen.

Seems the CR9 fleet is not affected as the are operated by cityjet.

Guess same is true for the ATRs
All wetlease flights are business as usual like SAIL(SAS Ireland), CityJet, FlyBe, Nordica etc..
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I have a nonrefundable business EWR-ARN/ARN-EWR-MSY and a separate refundable business ARN-GOT-ARN ticket (as my meeting destination changed after I booked my ticket to stockholm). Wrinkle - as the flysas website can't book a multi destination ticket, the overwater flight was booked on priceline. ARN-GOT-ARN on flysas.

EWR-ARN saturday 4/27, ARN-GOT sunday 4/28. Return GOT-ARN and ARN-EWR-MSY on 5/2.

1) When will I know if my flights operate as scheduled?
2) Will they rebook me on another airline for my originally scheduled dates?
3) If I'm rebooked on another airline, will they rebook me in business?
4) Will they rebook me to GOT if I ask?
5) If not, and the SAS ARN-GOT flights aren't operating, how is the train ride?

If it was feasible I would cancel and rebook but at this late stage that would almost triple my ticket price.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by oopsz
I have a nonrefundable business EWR-ARN/ARN-EWR-MSY and a separate refundable business ARN-GOT-ARN ticket (as my meeting destination changed after I booked my ticket to stockholm). Wrinkle - as the flysas website can't book a multi destination ticket, the overwater flight was booked on priceline. ARN-GOT-ARN on flysas.

EWR-ARN saturday 4/27, ARN-GOT sunday 4/28. Return GOT-ARN and ARN-EWR-MSY on 5/2.

1) When will I know if my flights operate as scheduled?
2) Will they rebook me on another airline for my originally scheduled dates?
3) If I'm rebooked on another airline, will they rebook me in business?
4) Will they rebook me to GOT if I ask?
5) If not, and the SAS ARN-GOT flights aren't operating, how is the train ride?

If it was feasible I would cancel and rebook but at this late stage that would almost triple my ticket price.
1) probably the day before, maybe just at day if departure.
2) yes, most likely on UA or LH via LHR, FRA or MUC
3) yes
4) doesn’t hurt to ask but I wouldn’t count on it. For sure not with the automatic rebooking happening by the system when the fight gets cancelled.
If they do, make sure they also adjust the ARN-GOT-ARN flight so it doesn’t auto cancel when you are not in the ARN-GOT flight. (Assuming that one operates)
5) the trains between Stockholm and Gothenburg are quite decent. Only issue is that you need to get to downtown central station in Stockholm to take it. I don’t think there is a ARN to GOT train, only Stockholm Central to Gothenburg Central service. I think the ride takes about 3 hours.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:55 pm

Yeah, domestic train is the best way to avoid the strike in Sweden. Book on www.sj.se or https://mtrexpress.travel/
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by criced
Yeah, domestic train is the best way to avoid the strike in Sweden. Book on www.sj.se or https://mtrexpress.travel/
On weekends/holiday periods, there is an increased likelihood of the train services having some kind of disruption due to track/station work.

SJ, MTRExpress and the Oresundstag trains (amongst other rail options) can help provide some workarounds, but the workarounds aren't always all that convenient. And the trains can be sold out (or otherwise not have available reservation space) from time to time.

Flying Norwegian or BRA may work for some.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
On weekends/holiday periods, there is an increased likelihood of the train services having some kind of disruption due to track/station work.

SJ, MTRExpress and the Oresundstag trains (amongst other rail options) can help provide some workarounds, but the workarounds aren't always all that convenient. And the trains can be sold out (or otherwise not have available reservation space) from time to time.

Flying Norwegian or BRA may work for some.
Flights will be fully booked due to end of easter holidays in schools. I often travel Sweden by bus also, eg Flixbus even gets you Eurobonus when booked via SAS Online Shopping website
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Flights will be fully booked due to end of easter holidays in schools. I often travel Sweden by bus also, eg Flixbus even gets you Eurobonus when booked via SAS Online Shopping website
I was under the impression that way more Swedish schools were closed all of last week than were closed for this current week.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I was under the impression that way more Swedish schools were closed all of last week than were closed for this current week.
Most had v.16 but some citys have v. 17.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:31 pm

Swedish and norwegian pilots now officially strikes. ARN-flights cancelled all day day.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:34 pm

Swedish and norwegian pilots now officially strikes. ARN-flights cancelled all day day.
Danish now also! Massive cancelations are waiting.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/penge/dans...gaar-i-strejke
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Most had v.16 but some citys have v. 17.
So between most larger cities' schools having been closed all last week for Easter vacation and that most family trips during Easter don't seem to involve flying SAS, it sounds like only a minority of Swedish school kids' Easter vacations are affected by this strike.

Next month, Air France might have employees going on strike too. Hopefully, this SAS strike will be history by that point.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:32 am

Rumors that SAS refuses to rebook tickets on canceled flights if you have booked with Eurobonus. Have anyone heard of it?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EB tickets on 117 stock are definitely included.

(Updated 05:50 CET 26APR19)

Traffic disruptions due to pilot strike in Denmark, Norway and Sweden

We’re sorry if you’ve been affected by the ongoing pilot strike that has led to delays and canceled flights.

We’re doing everything we can to help everyone.

Flights operated by SAS’ partners will not be affected by the strike.

SAS is striving to reach a solution as quickly as possible to prevent additional inconveniences for travelers.
Refund
If you have a reservation on a flight operated by SAS 26-28APR19 still not cancelled, and prefer not to travel, you can get your ticket fully refunded
Check your flight status
Before traveling to the airport, please check your Flight status or My bookings.
Flights not affected by the Pilot strike
Flights operated by our partners are not affected by the strike. See if your flight is affected here
SAS is offering voluntary rebooking free of charge, for those passengers who are being worried about their travel arrangements being affected by the pilot strike starting on 26APRIL19.The offer is valid for SAS operated flights. Flights operated by our partners are not affected by the strike and are not subject for voluntary rebooking free of charge.We are offering our customers to voluntary change their reservation free of charge on My Bookings, even if the flight hasn’t yet been affected or canceled as long as the following criteria are met: · Your flight is with SAS

· Flight is not cancelled

· The departure date of your flight are between 26-29 April 2019

· Your ticket number starts with 117

· Your ticket is issued on/before 24 April 2019

· The ticket is purchased on SAS web, SAS App or SAS Call Center.

· If you booked via a travel agent or a tour operator, please contact them directly.You can rebook to a SAS flight on another date to the same destination if the same service class as the original ticket is available. The new date of travel may not be earlier than 06May until 30 September 2019.Please note that you cannot rebook your trip online if you are travelling with an infant, ordered a special meal, are travelling as an unaccompanied minor, have requested transportation of a wheelchair or pet.SAS will not reimburse travelers for costs such as, but not limited to, accommodations, meals or surface or air transport related for voluntary rebookings. Did you book your ticket via a travel agent or a tour operator? Please contact your travel agent for more information.
Is your flight canceled?
You have 3 options, regardless of ticket type:
1. Wait for our rebooking to the next available flightIf your flight is canceled, the rebooking process is started immediately. Once you’ve been rebooked, we’ll send you an SMS. If you booked your ticket via a travel agent, you can contact them directly to find out about your rebooking options.
2. Rebook to a flight on a later date

For all reservations made via SAS, please visit flysas.com – Traffic disruptions, to find contact information.If you booked your ticket via a travel agent, you can contact them directly to find out about your rebooking options. If you fly charter with an SAS flight, i.e. flight numbers SK7000 – SK7999, please contact your tour operator. You’ll find the contact details in your travel documents.
3. Cancel your ticket and get a refundIf your SAS flight has been canceled or delayed by more than 3 hours and you no longer wish to travel, you’re entitled to a full refund of your ticket. If you do this, please note that we won’t be obliged to provide assistance (such as meals and accommodations) once you’ve canceled your ticket.
How to request a refund for a canceled flight: If you booked via SAS and your ticket number starts with 117, you can request a refund. If you prefer, a request for refund can be made later.If you booked via a travel agent or tour operator, please contact them directly, as we can only reimburse the person/company that made the booking. A) If SAS has rebooked you on a flight departing WITHIN 24 HOURS from your original departure:· If we’ve offered you a new flight but you choose to book your own transportation, you’re still entitled to a full refund of your unused SAS ticket. In this case, we won’t reimburse you for any alternative transportation.· Remember to cancel your ticket with SAS or with your tour operator/travel agent to receive a refund for the unused SAS ticket (see above under 3 “How to request a refund for a canceled flight”).· Please note that we are not obliged to cover any expenses for meals or hotel accommodations during the delay once you’ve canceled your ticket with SAS.
B) If SAS has rebooked you on a flight departing 24 HOURS OR MORE after your original departure:· If we’re not able to rebook you on a new flight departing within 24 hours of your original departure, you may book another airline ticket, take a train, bus or rent a car. We will reimburse the difference between your unused SAS ticket and the cost of your new transportation under comparable transport conditions upon production of receipts. If you choose to book alternative travel, please remember to cancel your ticket with SAS to get a refund for your unused ticket.· Please note that the cost for the alternative transportation must be in the same price range as your original ticket. If you choose to buy a new airline ticket, we will only reimburse you for a trip in the same service class as in your original SAS ticket.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
EB tickets on 117 stock are definitely included.
It's important to realize the difference between a voluntary rebooking of a flight that hasn't been cancelled yet, and a flight that actually is cancelled.

Concerning the voluntary rebooking, a part of the SAS info says: "You can rebook to a SAS flight on another date to the same destination if the same service class as the original ticket is available. The new date of travel may not be earlier than 06May until 30 September 2019." That could be interpreted to mean that there must be award space available if you want to rebook a flight voluntarily.

But if a flight has actually been cancelled and you show up at the aiport, SAS will need to rebook you onto any flight that will get you to your destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.