earning on AC

Old Mar 18, 19, 6:41 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Posts: 2,042
earning on AC

I am (again!) confused by the AC earning table: https://www.flysas.com/ie-en/eurobon...ag/air-canada/

Do I correctly read that it is based on fixed (and low!) earnings per flight type, on on the distance flown? So for example a W class ticket in economy TATL will just give 150 points? Does anybody has recent experience?
SK2751 is offline  
Old Mar 18, 19, 6:49 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Programs: AY+, SK EB
Posts: 1,839
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
I am (again!) confused by the AC earning table: https://www.flysas.com/ie-en/eurobon...ag/air-canada/

Do I correctly read that it is based on fixed (and low!) earnings per flight type, on on the distance flown? So for example a W class ticket in economy TATL will just give 150 points? Does anybody has recent experience?
Do not omit the characters in front of the point numbers, "fr". So you just refer to the minimum earnings. And there are clearly multipliers for the distance flown on the page you refer to.
Jainzar is offline  
Old Mar 18, 19, 7:23 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Posts: 2,042
Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
Do not omit the characters in front of the point numbers, "fr". So you just refer to the minimum earnings. And there are clearly multipliers for the distance flown on the page you refer to.
But unlike on the LH page, it does not say "POINT EARNINGS BASED ON MILES FLOWN" (https://www.flysas.com/th-en/eurobon...lag/lufthansa/)
SK2751 is offline  
Old Mar 18, 19, 8:15 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Programs: AY+, SK EB
Posts: 1,839
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
But unlike on the LH page, it does not say "POINT EARNINGS BASED ON MILES FLOWN" (https://www.flysas.com/th-en/eurobon...lag/lufthansa/)
LH is more of an exception since there is a fixed earning for intra-European flights, but mileage-based earning otherwise. LX and OS in contrast are only mileage-based with minimum earnings just like AC.
Jainzar is offline  
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:25 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Posts: 2,042
Thanks.
SK2751 is offline  
Old Mar 22, 19, 2:18 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Programs: Eurobonus
Posts: 2
New here, but thanks to this thread I was able to redeem my Chicago to Berlin flight from October!
Pnk3021 is offline  
Old Mar 22, 19, 2:54 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Programs: AY+, SK EB
Posts: 1,839
Originally Posted by Pnk3021 View Post
New here, but thanks to this thread I was able to redeem my Chicago to Berlin flight from October!
Welcome to FT.
Jainzar is offline  
Old Apr 16, 19, 10:37 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: CPH
Programs: SK
Posts: 15
So for who it may concern. Just flew CPH-YYZ-LAX In Economy L class. Earned 2000 points on the first leg and 1100 on second. So in total 3100 to LAX. Considering flying to LAX with SAS takes you over ARN, you don't get complimentary beverages, it's more expensive and you only earn something like 300 points in the cheapest class, I dont see any reason to fly SAS in economy long haul. The point earning on SAS GO fares are a joke, even the GO SMART fares. Hopefully SAS will realise this soon.
ch.boed is offline  
Old Apr 16, 19, 10:46 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Programs: AY+, SK EB
Posts: 1,839
Originally Posted by ch.boed View Post
The point earning on SAS GO fares are a joke, even the GO SMART fares. Hopefully SAS will realise this soon.
Just credit to a mediterran FFP.
Jainzar is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 3:57 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Posts: 2,042
I have a bk class Flex Economy domestic ticket with AC. The ticket receipts states class A. This is a good ticket in the AC tiers, but according to EB earning tables it will earn me ZERO, NULL, PITA on EB. Any experience stating otherwise?
SK2751 is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 5:23 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 9,553
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
I have a bk class Flex Economy domestic ticket with AC. The ticket receipts states class A. This is a good ticket in the AC tiers, but according to EB earning tables it will earn me ZERO, NULL, PITA on EB. Any experience stating otherwise?
As a domestic booking, A seems to have pretty low earnings on most programs Several beyond SK has zero.

https://www.wheretocredit.com/air-canada/a
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 5:50 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Posts: 2,042
Oh crap. I was probably fooled that the reservation says 100% of Aeroplan miles. Well, not that important. I will re-qualify anyways.

EDIT: Also the page you are linking to lists it only as economy standard and basic for domestic flights with lower earnings on Aeroplan than my reservation says. It seems to be some kind of mess in AC. Perhaps a recent class earning change or a new use for A?
SK2751 is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 6:12 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 9,553
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
Oh crap. I was probably fooled that the reservation says 100% of Aeroplan miles. Well, not that important. I will re-qualify anyways.

EDIT: Also the page you are linking to lists it only as economy standard and basic for domestic flights with lower earnings on Aeroplan than my reservation says. It seems to be some kind of mess in AC. Perhaps a recent class earning change or a new use for A?
As airlines try to do more and more differentiation with various sub fare classes on the same overall booking class, partner earnings seems to get more and more messed up across the alliance.
SK2751 likes this.
CPH-Flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread