FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   In Flight Now: SK9202 SBD - CPH (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1956302-flight-now-sk9202-sbd-cph.html)

ITALady Feb 14, 2019 11:10 am

In Flight Now: SK9202 SBD - CPH

Anyone know why there is an A330 enroute from San Bernadino, CA to Copenhagen NOW??

Looks like it is : LN-RKS

Estimated to Land at CPH at 3:30 AM

fassy Feb 14, 2019 11:38 am

Two weeks in SBD? Would say it was in for maintenance or repair at one of the MRO companies in SBD (MRO - San Bernardino International Airport (SBD))

highupinthesky Feb 14, 2019 3:19 pm

It's the bird which was hit by a ground vehicle in ORD on January 16. It spend a couple of weeks in ORD and was then ferried to SBD where it spend another 3 weeks.

ITALady Feb 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Thank You

highupinthesky Feb 15, 2019 12:34 am

After less than 2 hours in CPH it's now being ferried to HKG where LN-RKR is already in maintenance since February 8. I wonder what's wrong with the bird since it's so hard to fix.

w0r1dtrave1er Feb 15, 2019 12:38 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky (Post 30780973)
After less than 2 hours in CPH it's now being ferried to HKG where LN-RKR is already in maintenance since February 8. I wonder what's wrong with the bird since it's so hard to fix.

FTFY

highupinthesky Feb 16, 2019 2:25 am

It looks like LN-RKR took LN-RKS place at maintenance in HKG as LN-RKS was ferried back to Stockholm yesterday and is now back in service. I wonder what maintenance they are doing there at the moment. Both LN-RKP and LN-RKS spend less than 3 weeks in HKG. It's way to short for a C or D check.

SK1989 Feb 16, 2019 6:59 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky (Post 30785017)
It looks like LN-RKR took LN-RKS place at maintenance in HKG as LN-RKS was ferried back to Stockholm yesterday and is now back in service. I wonder what maintenance they are doing there at the moment. Both LN-RKP and LN-RKS spend less than 3 weeks in HKG. It's way to short for a C or D check.

Both went tru C-check but keep in mid that ground time during a maintenance check is heavily dependant on the work scope. Since RKR is relatively new and RKP is leaving this summer they needed just one week. ;)

CPH-Flyer Feb 16, 2019 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by SK1989 (Post 30785492)
Both went tru C-check but keep in mid that ground time during a maintenance check is heavily dependant on the work scope. Since RKR is relatively new and RKP is leaving this summer they needed just one week. ;)

I thought the C check was longer, but a bit of Google work made it clear that 1-2 weeks is the norm for a C check. New information learned.... :)

highupinthesky Feb 17, 2019 2:08 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 30787538)
I thought the C check was longer, but a bit of Google work made it clear that 1-2 weeks is the norm for a C check. New information learned.... :)

I thought so too. I also thought SK did the C checks them self. Flying a A330 or A340 for around 11 hours in both directions, although empty, isn't cheap. I wasn't aware that aircraft mechanics is so much cheaper in HKG compared to the Nordic countries that the trip makes sense for a 1-2 weeks check.

CPH-Flyer Feb 17, 2019 2:48 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky (Post 30788087)
I thought so too. I also thought SK did the C checks them self. Flying a A330 or A340 for around 11 hours in both directions, although empty, isn't cheap. I wasn't aware that aircraft mechanics is so much cheaper in HKG compared to the Nordic countries that the trip makes sense for a 1-2 weeks check.

It is 1 to 2 weeks, but it is also up to 6000 man hours in that period. So thee is a lot of people to save costs on.