In a limbo

Old Feb 5, 19, 8:07 am
Original Poster

In a limbo

I had a return flight NRT-CPH-AMS with SAS. However, my booking was changed at some point and the flight AMS-CPH departed while I was still on the flight from Tokyo.
When I arrived to CPH, SAS changed my booking and rerouted me to AMS with KLM. They didn't understand why I had a flight that actually didn't exist anyway.
My problem is nobody wants to honour those miles. SAS answered they can't give me the miles because I flew with KLM, and KLM says they can't give me the miles because that flight was originally booked with SAS.
So, I'm in a limbo.
Any suggestion of who/ how contact to get a solution?
Thank you
Old Feb 5, 19, 8:10 am

Contact the EuroBonus team and ask for Original Routing Credit (ORC), just provide them the PNR (booking confirmation number) and it should work out fine.
Old Feb 6, 19, 3:48 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
This used to be specifically mentioned on the EB pages, I doubt they have taken that away. Give them a call...

I am surprised that KLM rejects miles, normally these situations are perfectly double dipable. Have had my JL code share on AY cancelled from HEL to NRT, and got both my JL miles from ORC and my Lufthansa miles for being sent via Frankfurt instead.
Old Feb 6, 19, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I am surprised that KLM rejects miles, normally these situations are perfectly double dipable.
Check this. Apparently people have trouble crediting KL flights to Flying Blue if the flight isn't on Skyteam ticket stock. If SAS rerouted you, then I'd imagine that you are on SAS/Star Alliance ticket stock.
Old Feb 6, 19, 7:21 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Some person View Post
Check this. Apparently people have trouble crediting KL flights to Flying Blue if the flight isn't on Skyteam ticket stock. If SAS rerouted you, then I'd imagine that you are on SAS/Star Alliance ticket stock.
Interesting, I guess I'll never again complain about JAL or SK having weird rules....
Old Apr 7, 19, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the advice. SAS gave me the miles at the end

Search this Thread