Wiki Posts
Search

SAS or Swiss?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
SAS or Swiss?

Flying ZUR to ARN (Stockholm) in J. My choice is either Swiss or SAS? Does it come down to who has the better lounge?
Thoughts?
Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Double posting is a no-no.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zebranz
Double posting is a no-no.
I "kinda" of know that but how do I get opinions from both the SAS AND Swiss flyers?
Suggestions?
Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by pkerr
Flying ZUR to ARN (Stockholm) in J. My choice is either Swiss or SAS? Does it come down to who has the better lounge?
Thoughts?
Thanks
No, as there are only Swiss lounges in ZRH, only a SK lounge in ARN.

You should more consider that SK doesn't have a European J product. It is just a Premium Economy (Plus class) and about the Premium aspect... well... most people would say it is far from a Premium experience. They don't even block the middle seats, so it is a 3-3 seating and horrible cube catering concept. LX has a normal Europeanized J product with 2-2 seating and blocked middle seat, decent (but still kind of frugal) catering and is in general a better J experience... if you would ever consider flying J in Europe to be a great experience.

I would only take SK over LX if it would be way cheaper or the timing would fit my schedule much better.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
SAS has no business class on European flights, so the decision seems simple
Abyssin likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:00 am

I "kinda" of know that but how do I get opinions from both the SAS AND Swiss flyers?
Suggestions?
Thanks
I'd argue most people in both boards fly SK and LX and can compare. You don't have much other option in Europe than to taste all airlines within the alliance to get where you want to go unless you are lucky to just want to go to that few places which are served with just the one airline you're loyal to.

I spend just about 1/5 of my in-air time on SK, the rest on LH, LX or OS. Throw in some UA for the US trips and the odd LO trip to PL.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
If you really want to fly J, then take LX anytime. SK has no business class on European routes (regardless of what your travel agents, or United award booking system says). I find the SK Y+ product very satisfactory, but when compared with other Y+ products on similar distance, not with a proper J class service.
herwig and Abyssin like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Look at the cost if that matters. SAS Plus is OK, I find the middle seat empty about 80% of the time so it's OK. I don't dislike the cubes and they are often more tasty than the LX plated offerings.

If you can do one one way and one the other and then make up your own mind for the future.
herwig and Abyssin like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.! Just what I needed.
No cost involved as it will be an award flight. Looks like it will be LX for the lounge and seating benefits.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Thanks everyone.! Just what I needed.
No cost involved as it will be an award flight. Looks like it will be LX for the lounge and seating benefits.
As a note it doesn't matter at all if you use LX or SK regarding the lounge. At ZRH you get a LX lounge and, if you fly also back, you get the SK lounge at ARN.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jainzar
As a note it doesn't matter at all if you use LX or SK regarding the lounge. At ZRH you get a LX lounge and, if you fly also back, you get the SK lounge at ARN.
So if I fly SK I still get to use the lounge in ZRH?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:53 am

Yes, correct. And flying LX from ARN the SK lounge
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
So if I fly SK I still get to use the lounge in ZRH?
Yes. Despite SK's onboard product is intra-European not on C/J-level, you get a C as service class on your boarding pass. That qualifies in your case for a LX lounge visit.

Nevertheless I would go for LX, if the price is the same, due to the empty middle seat.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the insight!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: More than one
I prefer Swiss for flying, but if I'm low on points I pick SK as you often get more points flying SK compared to flying same class on LH group.
Abyssin and SK2751 like this.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Feb 7, 2019 at 3:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.