Wiki Posts
Search

SAS or Swiss?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:22 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
You get loungr access at bothe airports with either airline.
However, Swiss Business class is much superior to the SAS European Business/Economy Plus “thing”.

Swiss is usually a lot more expensive in J than SAS is. But if cost is not a factor LX it is!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:06 am

SAS or Swiss

I would choose SAS. The only advantage with LX is the milddle seat blocked.
However ,food is much more fresh and tastier with SAS (obviously subjective). In addition, you get to choose anything from the cafe onboard, and not just a standard meal. Flew LX three days ago in J and regretted not being on SAS.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:02 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
However ,food is much more fresh and tastier with SAS (obviously subjective). In addition, you get to choose anything from the cafe onboard, and not just a standard meal. Flew LX three days ago in J and regretted not being on SAS.
Very very very subjective. The level of attention you get on LX compared to SAS is worlds apart. So is the quality of the whole thing. Sas is not bad, but SAS Plus is like a premium economy, while LX J, is Business class.

Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
I'd disagree. On OSL-ZRH in Plus, you get a polar rull (though I convinced them to give me a sandwich instead), on ZRH-OSL that joke of a salad box. They also serve non-alcoholic drinks in paper/plastic cups - hardly what I would consider premium.

LX has a multi-course plate (cheese, dessert, main) and in one direction, a choice of mains. As well as champagne. And quite a bit nicer service.

On SK, even when the Plus cabin is empty, you can end up with people in the middle seats, and that is pretty annoying!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ung1
I'd disagree. On OSL-ZRH in Plus, you get a polar rull (though I convinced them to give me a sandwich instead), on ZRH-OSL that joke of a salad box. They also serve non-alcoholic drinks in paper/plastic cups - hardly what I would consider premium.

LX has a multi-course plate (cheese, dessert, main) and in one direction, a choice of mains. As well as champagne. And quite a bit nicer service.

On SK, even when the Plus cabin is empty, you can end up with people in the middle seats, and that is pretty annoying!
While I don't disagree that the lack of an empty middle seat is annoying, if the cabin is empty, it is easily rectified. Just move to another row. The problem is only truly there when the cabin is packed.
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ung1

Hopefully LX is not going to apply their F&B concept for flights to/from GVA to flight from/to ZRH. And that new concept also affects the catering in C.

And regarding the polar roll, I find it quite surprising that you got it offered since the usual case should be "that joke of a salad box".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.