Seat Pitch and Upgrade Miles

Old Jan 13, 19, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Seat Pitch and Upgrade Miles

Hello,

will be flying with SAS to EWR r/t in Economy.

1) Seatguru has SAS' A330-300 at 31-32" seat pitch. What does that mean? Is is 31" or 32"? Or are the last few rows 31" (because for some reason I can choose those for free) and the others more to the front 32"?

2) The (by the way incredibly expensive) upgrade bid option to SAS Plus says "More Eurobonus points", which I assume means they change your booking class and you get more miles accordingly - does that also count when you credit the miles to other programs, namely Miles & More? And if so, which BK? P?

3) How frequently does SAS change the planned planes? The flights are only in November so still 10,5 months to go and currently both flights (CPH-EWR, EWR-OSL) are scheduled to be on A330s. Roughly how likely is it that at least one flight will be switched to A340 (would be really cool because I didn't fly with one yet) or even an A350 if they enter into service in time?

Thanks!

Last edited by ArnoldB; Jan 15, 19 at 1:23 am
Old Jan 15, 19, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Jan 15, 19, 2:03 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
I did not feel any difference between the two economy sections of SAS in terms of pitch. There is good pitch only in the bulkhead area and right behind the Plus section.
The drawback of the last rows is that they receive service last and the rows might be misaligned as the plane gets smaller towards the tail of the aircraft, otherwise no difference.

Regarding miles on Plusgrade it states that it only counts for Eurobonus (no other programs), but it was stated earlier in this forum that people could credit it nevertheless to A3 or other programs. But this is only courtesy and might change any time without notice.

Planes can switch depending on breakdowns and maintenance work that requires rescheduling. A330 are though more common to EWR and ORD as they are one of the shorter long-distance routes, while A340 are predominantly on long-distance Asian routes and the SFO route from Copenhagen.
Old Jan 15, 19, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot!

Are all economy seats (except exit row) available to be selected for free at check-in? (the way it normally is with premium carriers)

*edit*

Also a question about Lounge Access in OSL. The flights are VIE-CPH-EWR and EWR-OSL-VIE. On the return flight, due a to booking mistake on my part (picked the offer with 15h instead of 12h return flight over ARN), we'll be in OSL for 5h+.

-There does not seem to be any Priority Pass lounge in OSL.
-on flysas.com under My Bookings/Add Lounge I can only buy access to the lounge in EWR, but not for OSL (I assume because the OSL-VIE leg is op. by Austrian)

If I upgraded the EWR-OSL leg to SAS Plus, would I get access to the SAS lounge in OSL? Or does it only give access at departure (so at EWR)?

Last edited by ArnoldB; Jan 15, 19 at 3:54 am
Old Jan 15, 19, 5:00 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ArnoldB View Post
Thanks a lot!

Are all economy seats (except exit row) available to be selected for free at check-in? (the way it normally is with premium carriers)
Any Y seat incl. exit row can be selected for free given that nobody reserved it.
Also a question about Lounge Access in OSL. The flights are VIE-CPH-EWR and EWR-OSL-VIE. On the return flight, due a to booking mistake on my part (picked the offer with 15h instead of 12h return flight over ARN), we'll be in OSL for 5h+.

-There does not seem to be any Priority Pass lounge in OSL.
-on flysas.com under My Bookings/Add Lounge I can only buy access to the lounge in EWR, but not for OSL (I assume because the OSL-VIE leg is op. by Austrian)

If I upgraded the EWR-OSL leg to SAS Plus, would I get access to the SAS lounge in OSL? Or does it only give access at departure (so at EWR)?
You have basically 3 choices how to get lounge access

Search this Thread