Wiki Posts
Search

Flight not bookable on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Flight not bookable on SAS

Hi All,

I'm trying to book a flight from LAX-CDG with a stop in ARN, but when I go on SAS's site, it says they don't fly to to CDG from LAX. I'm seeing the flight on Travelocity but prefer to book on SAS so I can get 5x bonus from my prestige. Also, the flight lands at ARN at 10 AM and the connecting flight leaves at 10:50 AM, will I have enough time to transfer?

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
I know that this is annoying. I have encountered quite often this issue. If you can switch to SAS for Business. There you can actually book those flights. It is weird that it is not bookable via their actual website

Last edited by herwig; Jan 7, 2019 at 11:56 pm
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
You can call the call center and tell them the ticket is not bookable on their website, they will waive the booking fee through phone.

Read this answer in some old threads.

Also when I try to book the ticket PVG-CPH-FRA, they said they don't fly to FRA, but when I change the destination to DUS it work.

Also try the old website: classic.flysas.com
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:34 am

Also had a similar problem recently - saved by a short phone call. Old website also useful sometimes as already mentioned. GL
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:48 am

What is very amusing is, that you can book routes for Points+Cash which you cannot book for cash. E.g. if you try to book AGH-SFO for cash, the website says "Sorry, we do not fly from AGH to SFO". If you then switch to Points+Cash they offer AGH-ARN (SK2178) -> ARN-CPH (SK1419) -> CPH-SFO (SK935)... Select the class of service and slide the points to the minium (500).

So here for a EBD (with the points discount)

And the Go Smart on the 3 legs with EBD bonus it will earn (250+250+2.400)*2*1,25 points=7.250 points

Booking CPH-SFO for the same dates in Go Smart goes for 6618SEK for Go Smart and will earn 2.400*2*1,25=6.000 points

For the direct CPH-SFO the Points and Cash price is 6586 SEK + 500 points.

As I have to drive down to CPH, over the bridge and have the expensive CPH Parking over the reasonable cheap AGH Parking, and do not mind flying two extra legs... I started to exploit this. Mostly in J and it works like a charm.

Same works for MMX and all the other local Swedish airports which lost these kind of routings last year.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: SAS EBG, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
MichaelJapan, are you sure that the 10:50 flight is SK? I'm sure that's operated by 'Red nose' Norwegian .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.