Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

SAS Go Saver

I just booked a flight from IAD to CPH. We booked the Go Saver tickets. Is there a way to book seats in advance and not pay the extra $40? When I pull up our reservation, that's our only option for selecting any seat. What I read before I booked was "free seat selection", but now I'm wondering if that means it's free 22 hours before the flight. Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:15 pm

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Unless you have status with SK they charge you nowadays for "attractive seats" i.e. Aisle and window seats and exit row seats.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kandtq
I just booked a flight from IAD to CPH. We booked the Go Saver tickets. Is there a way to book seats in advance and not pay the extra $40? When I pull up our reservation, that's our only option for selecting any seat. What I read before I booked was "free seat selection", but now I'm wondering if that means it's free 22 hours before the flight. Thanks for your help!
There is, or should be, free advance seat selection on long haul. However exit seats, and most seats in the forward Go cabin comes with a charge. Short haul is only at online check-in, unless you pay.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 5:26 am
Original Poster

There are no seats available online for me to select for free. I'll keep checking the reservation to see if I can select seats. Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
There are no seats available online for me to select for free. I'll keep checking the reservation to see if I can select seats. Thanks for your help!
Call them. I called for seats for SK long haul - I got them pre-assigned.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho
Call them. I called for seats for SK long haul - I got them pre-assigned.
Thank you! I was planning on calling anyway to request meals for my children.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Just tried calling and was told that I have to wait until 22 hours before.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
Here's what you do:
1) Download the SAS app for your phone or tablet
2) Wait until 36 hours before depature
3) Then, turn your mobile clock 24 hours forward (so that it according to your phone is less than 22 hours to departure)
4) Open the app, and select the seats you want (and check-in if you'd like)

Might not give you the best seats available, but you will be able to choose before almost every other non-status pax that hasn't purchased seat reservation.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Can you download the app in the United States through itunes? I can't find it. Thanks for the advice!
Old Jul 13, 2014, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think SAS charges for advance seat reservation, and definitely happened after I called in late June. A bad trend - what's next? Probably no more free checked bags.

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
Here's what you do:
1) Download the SAS app for your phone or tablet
2) Wait until 36 hours before depature
3) Then, turn your mobile clock 24 hours forward (so that it according to your phone is less than 22 hours to departure)
4) Open the app, and select the seats you want (and check-in if you'd like)

Might not give you the best seats available, but you will be able to choose before almost every other non-status pax that hasn't purchased seat reservation.
Are you sure it works? Have you tried?

TIA
Old Jul 13, 2014, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I just checked the SK website, and preselection of seats for free on longhaul is indeed gone. You can pay for a preferred seat (300 DKK) or wait until online check-in opens. A very unannouced change to the policy. The first step, payment for good seats was clearly communicated, the second step was done on the sly. I don't even know exactly when it happened.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I just checked the SK website, and preselection of seats for free on longhaul is indeed gone. You can pay for a preferred seat (300 DKK) or wait until online check-in opens. A very unannouced change to the policy. The first step, payment for good seats was clearly communicated, the second step was done on the sly. I don't even know exactly when it happened.
My guess is July 1. I called in on June 22 and I was able to have pre-assigned seats.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 5:09 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
My guess is July 1. I called in on June 22 and I was able to have pre-assigned seats.
I got ticketed 22nd June and I'm still able to select seats for free, so I guess ticketing date is the key factor here. CPH-IAD-CPH on Sas Go Saver
Old Jul 14, 2014, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Furry
I got ticketed 22nd June and I'm still able to select seats for free, so I guess ticketing date is the key factor here. CPH-IAD-CPH on Sas Go Saver
Did you booked it with SAS? Or OTA? Did you pick your seats at booking?

I also think it's based on ticketing date because that's what LH group does. I ticketed mine on June 22(that' why guess is July 1), booked through OTA because they are SEK500 cheaper than sas.se. I made use of their cheapish ticket campaign for long haul.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Did you booked it with SAS? Or OTA? Did you pick your seats at booking?

I also think it's based on ticketing date because that's what LH group does. I ticketed mine on June 22(that' why guess is July 1), booked through OTA because they are SEK500 cheaper than sas.se. I made use of their cheapish ticket campaign for long haul.
Actually now that I opened the page again (had still old tab open for it before) it remembers seats I picked and shows "Purchased" and I'm not able to change them anymore.

So I guess your booking date doesn't really matter, it's for all reservations starting maybe from July 1. I'm glad I did select seats before that, now have a nice two-seater on both journeys for "free". I booked directly from SAS as they accept Amex with no extra cost.

Not too happy to see their service concept going down, especially in long-haul.. I remember not too long ago when they spent tons of money advertising at least in Finland (outdoor adds in cities etc.) with slogan "Always with SAS" which basically said that they have "everything" included in the base price. I guess the price war between LCCs has a price tag too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.